Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

NCISA press statement regarding the current situation at the football club

It is with great sadness following the relegation of our football club to the third tier of English football that we think the prolonged decline of Norwich City Football Club must be arrested. The mistakes made in recent years by the custodians of the club have been repetitive and disastrous. Lessons have not been learnt and as we look toward the 2009/2010 season we are in crisis.
Norwich City Independent Supporters Association wishes to place on record that it has no faith or confidence in the current make up of the boardroom, to make the correct appointments and decisions, in order that we reclaim our rightful place in the football world.

Whilst accepting that those in control have acted in what they considered to be the best of intentions, unfortunately they have been responsible for those mistakes, and it cannot and must not continue. NCISA demands that the board act quickly and decisively, and to this end changes of personnel must take place within the boardroom.

Not the most coherent of statements - did Archant write that one for you!

However the sentiment is certainly one that I think most fans would agree with.  This season has been a disgrace and something needs to give.

Was this statement run by the membership of NCISA or is it the view of the committee only?I ask in view of the fact that the letter in the EDP today was represented in the headlines as being from the Associate Directors but in fact was only from two of them and wasn''t discussed with the whole of that group.Any statement should be clearly labelled with a note stating who it is from - as the Associate Director''s letter was in the small print. So is this the view of the NCISA board or the NCISA membership?

[quote user="CT "]

[quote user="Beaker"]they are just words[/quote]

Spot on mr. beaker .

[/quote]Whatever, it''s a clear vote of no confidence, and that is all that was needed.  A [Y] from me.

[quote user="Steve Ritchie"]

...hmmm... poor grammer, lack of detail. A missed opportunity, IMHO.

For what its worth....

Steve

[/quote]

And the missed opportunity was.................................................................................................

Oh and for what it is worth the grammar may not be to your liking but i am not impressed with your spelling.

[quote user="Kathy"] 

It is with great sadness following the relegation of our football club to the third tier of English football that we think the prolonged decline of Norwich City Football Club must be arrested. The mistakes made in recent years by the custodians of the club have been repetitive and disastrous. Lessons have not been learnt and as we look toward the 2009/2010 season we are in crisis.
Norwich City Independent Supporters Association wishes to place on record that it has no faith or confidence in the current make up of the boardroom, to make the correct appointments and decisions, in order that we reclaim our rightful place in the football world.

Whilst accepting that those in control have acted in what they considered to be the best of intentions, unfortunately they have been responsible for those mistakes, and it cannot and must not continue. NCISA demands that the board act quickly and decisively, and to this end changes of personnel must take place within the boardroom.

[/quote]

Thanks Kathy/Tilly it''s a start.

Next the meeting and with the increased membership promised then perhaps stronger actions can be taken.

Kathy if I can help you know how to contact.

I still have a feeling that BG will be moved to the board as having the "football knowledge" everyone says is missing.

Kills two birds with one clever stone!

[quote user="Steve Ritchie"]

...hmmm... poor grammer, lack of detail. A missed opportunity, IMHO.

For what its worth....

Steve

[/quote]

I''d have to agree with Steve, a missed opportunity to put together a statement of real coherent ideas and intent.

However, I do agree with the general sentiment (overhauling the club behind the scenes, the need for fresh impetus and ideas) but it could have been conveyed in better detail, with more thorough consideration to how we are to proceed and turn around our club...

Ah - right.So on the NCISA site it states that it''s from the Chairman and the Committee.That clears that up then.

Sorry Kathy and Tilly: that just doesn''t do the job. We already suspect that Doncaster and probably Munby will go tomorrow in any case. This statement gives the board a very simple get out: scapegoat and get rid of them, then bring in who knows who else, who''ll probably just be apologists for Smith and Jones'' inept stewardship.

The statement makes no mention of the desperate need for footballing expertise on the board, nor of Bryan Gunn''s position, nor the specific role the joint majority shareholders have played in our downfall. I think it plays into the board''s hands, and is weak; far weaker than I was anticipating sadly.

Sorry - doesn''t do it for me, as it just allows the replacement of Doncaster and/or Mumby with another pair of yes-persons. This relegation is a chance for all of the issues that are dividing the fan-base to be aired, discussed and put-to-bed. The only way that will happen, is if the board come clean, telling us the truth about Cullum and the Turners, why their managerial appointment procedure is so bad and what they are going to do to rectify it, and really get to the bottom of why it is that we own such few players despite having such large attendences - if wages are really the problem, then what are we doing about cutting them.

After some 37 years supporting City, I never thought it would come to this. As I live away and have not made a game this season, I''m not really in a position to say where it went wrong in this, or the past four seasons.

Anything that is going to bring about change at the club has to be good, and if this is the start, then so be it.

My grammar isn''t perfect when I''m angry either; surely the foram is about views rather than an English O Level?

The board has lost all credibility with the fans, and after the series of appointments as coach and manager, like the Man in the Stands says, why should we have confidence that those who have screwed up so badly should be trusted in knowing how to right this mess?

The board should go as soon as possible, new money, if possible, brought in, and someone with experience brought in as manager appointed to sort the mess that is this once great club.

I''m beyond being angry, God knows how those who have sat through this season must feel. Sorry for ever thinking the board knew what they were doing.

[quote user="LQ"]Was this statement run by the membership of NCISA or is it the view of the committee only?

I ask in view of the fact that the letter in the EDP today was represented in the headlines as being from the Associate Directors but in fact was only from two of them and wasn''t discussed with the whole of that group.

Any statement should be clearly labelled with a note stating who it is from - as the Associate Director''s letter was in the small print. So is this the view of the NCISA board or the NCISA membership?

[/quote]

The Committee are democratically elected to make decisions by the membership and as such are accountable at an AGM.

I find it unbelievable as time is now an important factor in the future of Norwich City that you think we should spend God knows how much time informing and collating views from our membership before taking a stance.

Paragraph 23 of the NCISA Constitution states that an EGM can be called at the request of 10% of the membership and will then be arranged within 21 days.

There you have it Lisa, so just find 40 or so like minded people as you obviously object as a NCISA member to us taking such action and the floor is yours.

Maybe just maybe it is more a dig at me in person.

I wasn''t having a dig at anyone John. What would be the point?I was asking (reasonably I thought) who the statement was from. On your website it clearly says that it''s from the Chairman and the Committee - fine and readers need to be clear about these things especially in light of the EDP article this morning which blazed "Associate Directors" all over the place when the letter was in fact only from two of them.Knee-jerk reactions and taking offence when someone is just trying to clarify the situation doesn''t help anyone, least of all our Club.

What was you expecting? A documentary?

Yes it''s just words but atleast it could be the start of something, are you going to continue to be negative behind your computer or atleast try to back NCISA in bringing the change that we all (or atlest most) want at this club.

Hopefully everything will change for the better as a result of tomorrows meeting, although we all suspect it will not.IMO further statements should follow to create the appropriate pressure when we know what direction the board are taking.

[quote user="LQ"]I wasn''t having a dig at anyone John. What would be the point?I was asking (reasonably I thought) who the statement was from. On your website it clearly says that it''s from the Chairman and the Committee - fine and readers need to be clear about these things especially in light of the EDP article this morning which blazed "Associate Directors" all over the place when the letter was in fact only from two of them.Knee-jerk reactions and taking offence when someone is just trying to clarify the situation doesn''t help anyone, least of all our Club.[/quote]And that goes for both of you. Drop it please - we have no time for this.

I think as  a first warning shot of what could be a long and difficult battle it fits the bill.

You do not back someone into a corner at the first point of negotiation.

As DS/MWJ are majority shareholders then negotiation is what it has to be.

You must allow room for them to make an honourable and strategic withdrawl.

Making demands and trying initialy to force the issue can lead to further entrenchment. Not good for either side.

As one of the committee members who contributed to the Press Statement:

1. It was an immediate response to the situation as it is now, before the Board starts its series of meetings tomorrow. There will be further NCISA responses to what comes from these meetings.

2. It is not the easiest thing to write as a committee via email! The statement needed to go out today. A couple of commas seem to have crept in that have just tripped up Chris Goreham! Sorry Chris

3. Thanks to those who have seen through the grammar to what the statement is trying to say!

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

What was you expecting? A documentary?

Yes it''s just words but atleast it could be the start of something, are you going to continue to be negative behind your computer or atleast try to back NCISA in bringing the change that we all (or atlest most) want at this club.

[/quote]

Thanks for that West London Canary.

Everybody seems to want Doncaster and Munby off the board and that is just for starters so we issue a statement saying we have no confidence and suddenly NCISA now has to come up with the answers according to some.

A meeting will be a start surely.

ho hum... more infighting and knee-jerk reactions.

Look, time is an important factor, but there is no match this week. I understand that you want to have this statement out in the open quickly, but at best its just a bitter rant and I apologise as I would expect something a bit more considered.

Which mistakes have been repetitive? What lessons should have been learnt? Where is our "rightful" place in the football world? What mistakes have the board been responsible for? What boardroom changes do you want to see?

Steve

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Hopefully everything will change for the better as a result of tomorrows meeting, although we all suspect it will not.
IMO further statements should follow to create the appropriate pressure when we know what direction the board are taking.
[/quote]

I agree, the Board should be fully aware of what the majority of City fans want and tomorrow they have the chance to respond in the necessary manner to prevent furuther actions being taken by fans. If the Board fail to do so then NCISA should follow with further statements to provoke a bigger responce from fans to put yet more pressure on the people accountable for why the club is where it is. I just hope that all City fans can now back NCISA to help bring about the right changes at the club, as they are the ONLY driving force that can do so IMO, who else is going to lead the majority of Norwich fans to put the necessary pressure on the Board?... Smudger? Wizard?... Thought not.