Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

What is your message to the Norwich City board?

Most of us are well aware that the manager and the board love this club, but both require ''new blood'' to assist them with their duties.

I told Mr Wynn Jones about a year and ahlf ago outside the City Stand that NCFC was only going to move in one direction under his and his wives stewardship and asked when they were going to step aside.

He was rather rude to me and told me that we would not be relegated.

Well I may of been a year out on my prediction Mr Wynn Jones, but I would again like to ask you the above question.

I believe that if you stay in control then we will soon find ourselves in the 4th Division (Div 2).

I would like to know why you and your wife did not have the courage to face the fans at the forum yesterday?

I would again ask you in the best interests of the club and all it''s supporters to step down as soon as possible. 

1.A new manager must be appointed quickly,someone like Mark Robbins would be ideal.

2.The board must show it is listening to fans and impress on the new manager that use of the loan market will not be tolerated in any significant form.

3.A certain Mr Huckerby must be re-signed.

4.A general changed  in culture within the playing side must be instilled.Why are we so consistently poor away from home? Why do we seem to lack leadership on the pitch? .City need to become bigger,stronger,quicker and more direct in style.

5.The changed in culture can only be brought about by having a football man in the boardroom.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

A selection will be printed in Monday''s EDP....

Keep it clean.

[/quote]

Good thinking.  Forward Planning Department. Sun for Mon.[;)]

How do you explain this one delia, interview on Heart FM where investors from India were interested in meeting?Apparently you would not even entertain the idea?Your hanging on to the club becomes more transparent and frustrating each day. Please just give up your failing trainset and go.These investors are apparently now looking at Liverpool!!!!

[URL=http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=veletusdownagain1nw.jpg][IMG]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7863/veletusdownagain1nw.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

1. The board needs to accept, publically, full responsibility for the Club being relegated to the third division, rather than diverting blame to the players or the "money men".

2. The buck stops with the Chief Executive. Neil Doncaster should resign, without compensation.

3. Bryan Gunn is plainly not the man to take the club forward. His contract as manager must not be renewed.

4. Fresh investment must be sought with the utmost urgency. Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones should relinquish enough shares so that they are no longer majority shareholders.

5. There needs to be new blood on the board, preferably someone with considerable financial expertise.

6. The club''s outgoings need to be pared to the bone. Everything that does not make a profit, or does not contribute to the success of the team needs to be cut back as far as possible.

Time, maybe to bust a few myths……

1) Bryan Gunn is not a legend except in the terms that anyone who ever pulled on a Norwich shirt seems to be given the same hollow accolade. He was a competent goalkeeper who was lucky enough to get a job and stayed with the club long after he hung up his gloves (instead of going into management interestingly enough).

2) Bryan Gunn has not particular coaching qualifications and, far more importantly, he has no tactical awareness or experience as indicated by his “rabbit in the headlights” look when he has to contemplate a substitution.

3) The Board of Directors of this large company have no experience of running a similar size or type of organisation let alone a football club. Why are we surprised they are making a pig’s ear of it?

4) The Board of Directors committed themselves to such a tight financial regime by consolidating their debts and guaranteeing them with future season ticket income. Hence never enough money for player purchase or salaries.

5) The Board of Directors slavishly followed the Charlton model not because there was anything particularly exciting about Charlton but because they seemed to manage relative success on a limited budget. Charlton simply got lucky for a few years and even they were able to invest far more than NCFC decent players.

6) Promotion took everyone by surprise and was a disaster for the club. No one likes getting stuffed week in and week out. Most sensible fans hated it. Delia delighted in the limelight but knew that a budget was in place for relegation. My guess is so did most others involved in the club. Result – self fulfilling prophesy.

7) Delia may well love the club but she also loves the extended life in the limelight that being associated with a football club has given her. Yes, she has invested in the club but what guarantees does she have in place if it all goes wrong?

This Club is wholly devoid of leaders.  In the Boardroom, the management team and especially on the pitch there is no leadership at all.

Every successful organisation has good leadership.  We have no leaders anywhere.  The conclusion is obvious.  We will not be successful until we have good leaders in place.

The board must remember that NCFC is a FOOTBALL club before anything else and if they want 25000 supporters to turn out at every home game at Carrow Rd FOOTBALL must come before restaurants, hotels, offices, roads, and buying building land.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Einstein said that it is insanity to keep repeating the same process and expecting different outcomes.  By that test, it seems our Board may be insane.

I''d like to know how the board can allegedly make a managerial appointment when there has been a vote of no confidence in their ability to run the football club effectively.

Bring in an up and coming Manager after taking good advice, also bring in some fresh faces on the Board, including 2 fans, trying to ensure football knowledge is under-pinned, ensure we ruthlessly rid the Club of loanees and all who played at the Valley except Korey Smith, bring through the youth, but most important of all forget about promotion, be cautious, and concentrate on integrity, integrity, and integrity (to try and lay the ghost of the humiliations of Fulham/Charlton).

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

A selection will be printed in Monday''s EDP....

Keep it clean.

[/quote]

Mine would be to Michael Foulger asking when they are going to tidy Banham Poultry up as it looks a fecking dump!

Aayo Gurkhali ! Watch out or we will get that national icon Joanna "horseface" Lumley on your case.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]Aayo Gurkhali ! Watch out or we will get that national icon Joanna "horseface" Lumley on your case.[/quote]

I''d give her one anyway...........

[quote user="Soldier on"]for the good of this club SELL UP and GET OUT NOW[/quote]

Don''t you think that Delia would love to sell the club if she could ?! She must be rueing the day that she bought NCFC. Do you have any suggestions for suitable purchasers ?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]They could try to at least show some willing to talk to people for starters.[/quote]

That''s in the past. I don''t think there''s any doubt that they have been receptive to selling for some time now but, as I have said before, who on earth would want to buy Norwich City unless it was a mega wealthy lifelong Norwich supporter ? No businessman with any modicum of commonsense would regard Norwich City FC as a good or wise investment.

Doncaster and Munby simply have to leave their positions if this footb all club is to avoid slipping down the football pecking order any further. Their obvious failure to do their duty is clear for all to see and thus they must be thrown overboard for this. Their removal would mark the very first step in trying to get this club back into stability.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]They could try to at least show some willing to talk to people for starters.[/quote]

That''s in the past. I don''t think there''s any doubt that they have been receptive to selling for some time now but, as I have said before, who on earth would want to buy Norwich City unless it was a mega wealthy lifelong Norwich supporter ? No businessman with any modicum of commonsense would regard Norwich City FC as a good or wise investment.

[/quote]

Well clearly these Indian people must have had some sort of interest but we''ll never know to what extent they would go to if no-one is willing to talk to them.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[/quote]

Well clearly these Indian people must have had some sort of interest but we''ll never know to what extent they would go to if no-one is willing to talk to them.

[/quote]

I didn''t believe that one. I think my normally reliable cousin sparked that rumour because he saw a group of Sikhs approaching Jurgen Klinsmann at Asda. I mean, I ask you, why would a consortium of Indian businessmen want to buy NCFC ?!