Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

Sorry for the 'snide' comments Bryan, we're so sorry.

Bryan Gunn pulling a bit of a Roeder has almost done it for me - how dare the Carrow Road poster boy come out with this at the Fans Forum yesterday.....snide comments from the fans. I''m sorry but Bryan Gunn is every bit the spin monger that Donkey Boy is, after all BG has worked with this board for over 10 years, he is every bit their prodigy. If Bryan Gunn loved our club he would never have taken the job - he would have honestly turned round and said to Neil,Roger and Delia ''guys get a grip - we need a proper manager, I''m not that just now". He is every bit as arrogant as the masqueraders that put the club in league one.I know the board wanted to turn to someone that was Norwich through and through - so how does that equate when they got rid of Hucks, Malkay and even (yes) Terry Postle and some of the other wonderful people who have loved our club.Bryan Gunn - your the snidey one, and you''re going to be found out.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]Bryan Gunn pulling a bit of a Roeder has almost done it for me - how dare the Carrow Road poster boy come out with this at the Fans Forum yesterday.....snide comments from the fans. I''m sorry but Bryan Gunn is every bit the spin monger that Donkey Boy is, after all BG has worked with this board for over 10 years, he is every bit their prodigy. If Bryan Gunn loved our club he would never have taken the job - he would have honestly turned round and said to Neil,Roger and Delia ''guys get a grip - we need a proper manager, I''m not that just now". He is every bit as arrogant as the masqueraders that put the club in league one.

I know the board wanted to turn to someone that was Norwich through and through - so how does that equate when they got rid of Hucks, Malkay and even (yes) Terry Postle and some of the other wonderful people who have loved our club.

Bryan Gunn - your the snidey one, and you''re going to be found out.

[/quote]

Well done for naming the leeching, boards puppet Scottarock..............legend my arse![:|]

Leave gunn alone, obviously he does not have enough experience to run this team permanently but he is doing his best and unfortunately he could not avoid relegation. Im sure if he was relived as his position of manager he would feel fine about it. Stop scapegoating

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Leave gunn alone, obviously he does not have enough experience to run this team permanently but he is doing his best and unfortunately he could not avoid relegation. Im sure if he was relived as his position of manager he would feel fine about it.

Stop scapegoating
[/quote]

Stop Scape goating...lmao!!! 19 games 5 wins! the fcats are there

[quote user="singing canary"]roeder got rid of hucks , gunn said it was a mistake[/quote]I didn''t blame Gunn for that, I blamed the board. Please read my post before replying.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="singing canary"]roeder got rid of hucks , gunn said it was a mistake[/quote]

I didn''t blame Gunn for that, I blamed the board. Please read my post before replying.

[/quote]

Gunn managers the team not the board! Id be happy to see the back of both of them, but if Gunn is appointted i will give it a chance, but as for the board they can do one!

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Leave gunn alone, obviously he does not have enough experience to run this team permanently but he is doing his best and unfortunately he could not avoid relegation. Im sure if he was relived as his position of manager he would feel fine about it. Stop scapegoating[/quote]He''s culpable because he accepted a job that no-one thought he could do.....so why did he think he could do it. He did his best you say? his best what? he''s a goalie with no coaching experience, he puts posters up round the ground ffs.

[quote user="Scottlarock"] If Bryan Gunn loved our club he would never have taken the job - he would have honestly turned round and said to Neil,Roger and Delia ''guys get a grip - we need a proper manager, I''m not that just now". [/quote]Spot on!His love for the club is huge...but his ego is larger.

[quote user="TerryTibbs"][quote user="Scottlarock"] If Bryan Gunn loved our club he would never have taken the job - he would have honestly turned round and said to Neil,Roger and Delia ''guys get a grip - we need a proper manager, I''m not that just now".
[/quote]

Spot on!
His love for the club is huge...but his ego is larger.
[/quote]

Yes and his next step is the board.

From asst corporate entertainment manager to..El Supremo

Eventually it will put a whole new meaning to "The Gunn Club"

Be warned

how long before some backward dumpling on here tries to blame gunn''s wife? she''s leeched off bryan and caused him to leech off ncfc, she''s a witch, she''s cursed the club, lets burn her...rofl!!!

“I just apologised for that performance (at Charlton). I couldn''t do anything about the performance from the side of the pitch. Eleven players went on that pitch and didn''t perform. They get paid a hell of a lot of money to go and perform on that pitch. They didn''t do it, OK.

“I''m not sure what the answer is and why they didn''t do it but I can assure you now that a lot of those players won''t be here next season if I''m the manager.

Otsemobor
Doherty
Leijer, - Gunn Signed
Shackell , - Gunn Signed
Smith , - Gunn introduced to first team football
Russell
Clingan
Lappin ,- Gunn re-introduced to first team football
Lee , - Gunn Signed
Mooney  - Gunn Signed
Cureton, - Gunn got back from Barnsley
Carney, - Gunn Signed
Gow, - Gunn Signed
McDonald - Gunn Signed

10 of the 14 outfield players Gunn signed / introduced back into the 1st team.  Surely he has to take some responsibility.

[quote user="dilebbw"]how long before some backward dumpling on here tries to blame gunn''s wife? she''s leeched off bryan and caused him to leech off ncfc, she''s a witch, she''s cursed the club, lets burn her...rofl!!![/quote]

...actually Sue Gunn is a leading artist who has a wonderful career ahead of her.

...but thanks for your input.

[quote user="Rick"]

“I just apologised for that performance (at Charlton). I couldn''t do anything about the performance from the side of the pitch. Eleven players went on that pitch and didn''t perform. They get paid a hell of a lot of money to go and perform on that pitch. They didn''t do it, OK.

“I''m not sure what the answer is and why they didn''t do it but I can assure you now that a lot of those players won''t be here next season if I''m the manager.

OtsemoborDohertyLeijer, - Gunn SignedShackell , - Gunn SignedSmith , - Gunn introduced to first team footballRussellClinganLappin ,- Gunn re-introduced to first team footballLee , - Gunn SignedMooney  - Gunn SignedCureton, - Gunn got back from BarnsleyCarney, - Gunn SignedGow, - Gunn SignedMcDonald - Gunn Signed

10 of the 14 outfield players Gunn signed / introduced back into the 1st team.  Surely he has to take some responsibility.

[/quote]

Absolutely right, great post. Surely he should take some responsibility................................................................................but he won''t. He''ll think your post is snidey too.

Bryan Gunn is the man for the job.....

just not the job he had until Monday. He is a good man to have shaking hands with the "Corporates" and smoothing around at a Golf Day. He is also useful as someone who will turn up for the "opening" of an envelope.

The most teling comment for me so far was the one that asked if Delia Smith''s head chef resigned would she give the job to a waiter who liked the idea of being a Head Chef? Thought not - the debate ends there imo. Get a proper lower league manager in before we make the same old mistake all over again.

Gunny is as lovely old boy and has always managed to wangle some sort of a job in the club; he was in the right place at the right time when a desperate board made their usual cheap and cynical move and appointed a total novice as manager. If its not working with Shearer its certainly not going to work with the odd job man. Harsh, cruel...but fact. Lets move quickly, if possible take the decision right out of the board''s hands, and appoint a creditable and dynamic young manager who has something to prove and has the knowledge and ability to get us straight back to the championship. He needs to be in place within the next two weeks if possible with an entirely new board.

[quote user="dilebbw"]how long before some backward dumpling on here tries to blame gunn''s wife? she''s leeched off bryan and caused him to leech off ncfc, she''s a witch, she''s cursed the club, lets burn her...rofl!!![/quote]

Lol...great pics!

[quote user="Rick"]

Otsemobor
Doherty
Leijer, - Gunn Signed
Shackell , - Gunn Signed
Smith , - Gunn introduced to first team football
Russell
Clingan
Lappin ,- Gunn re-introduced to first team football
Lee , - Gunn Signed
Mooney  - Gunn Signed
Cureton, - Gunn got back from Barnsley
Carney, - Gunn Signed
Gow, - Gunn Signed
McDonald - Gunn Signed

[/quote]

Facts speak !!

Just as a little anecdote I bumped into Alan Gow on the platform at Charlton getting the train back into London. He was obviously off for a night out with his mates. I asked him "out of interest whats Gunny like as a manager" and he replied "he would be more use driving this train mate."

Now obviously he was p*8sed off as he had been dropped and struck me as a bit of a c**k but even so, hardly a glowing endorsement!

Don''t get me wrong I think he needs to be relieved of command so to speak, but he took the job because he saw the mess the club was in and he wanted to try and save it, we should respect the dedication he has shown both to the club and the wider community. He may have been blinded to the realities of the task by his love for City and his desire to be our saviour but ultimately it is the board who are culpable for their lack of ambition in appointing him not the man himself. He was also hampered by a lack of strength in depth and a string of injuries which robbed us of our most potent attacking threats. He may be held responsible for his role in bringing in the players under Roeder but ultimately this failure was as much caused by a lack of resources and the lack of a decent squad due to the current culture as it was his naivety/incompetence. He needs to step aside yes, but he also deserves to be treated with the dignity and gratitiude that his long service to the club deserves. We cannot treat him in the same way that the board and Roeder treated Huckerby.

We talk about being an old fashioned community club with a proud history, if we are then we cannot treat any of our ex-players, particularly somone of Gunn''s stature with disdain and contempt. I am disgusted at the way he is now being spoken of by so called fans, some people it would seem have extremely short memories!

I''m not trying to say he doesn''t deserve criticism. There have been failings of that there is no doubt, the biggest of which has got to be that he was unable to motivate the players sufficiently for our two crunch games; as humiliating and depressing as sunday was, the real damage was done on the previous monday against Reading and the week before that against the Scum with two patchy, lacklustre performances which sealed our fate before a ball was kicked at the Valley. The whole reason for employing him despite his lack of experience was that such a club legend could motivate and man manage the players whilst having the support of two more experienced tacticians in Crook and Butterworth. He was unable to do so. However treat him with respect, we owe him that much, the job itself was extremely tough even for an experienced manager let alone a complete novice, but he has proven himself lacking in ability at this level and must go.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Leave gunn alone, obviously he does not have enough experience to run this team permanently but he is doing his best and unfortunately he could not avoid relegation. Im sure if he was relived as his position of manager he would feel fine about it.

Stop scapegoating
[/quote]

He''s culpable because he accepted a job that no-one thought he could do.....so why did he think he could do it. He did his best you say? his best what? he''s a goalie with no coaching experience, he puts posters up round the ground ffs.

[/quote]

Absolutely correct.......nobody wants to slag BG for the sake of doing it , but to continue to apologise for him , and his abysmal performance in the role of manager ,will just prolong this mess we are in. Give him his cards........along with Doomcaster, what other cheif exec. would get away with running a company into the ground, and still keep his over paid job??

NO FUC*ER .........thats who !!!

[quote user="NXCanary"]

Don''t get me wrong I think he needs to be relieved of command so to speak, but he took the job because he saw the mess the club was in and he wanted to try and save it, we should respect the dedication he has shown both to the club and the wider community. He may have been blinded to the realities of the task by his love for City and his desire to be our saviour but ultimately it is the board who are culpable for their lack of ambition in appointing him not the man himself. He was also hampered by a lack of strength in depth and a string of injuries which robbed us of our most potent attacking threats. He may be held responsible for his role in bringing in the players under Roeder but ultimately this failure was as much caused by a lack of resources and the lack of a decent squad due to the current culture as it was his naivety/incompetence. He needs to step aside yes, but he also deserves to be treated with the dignity and gratitiude that his long service to the club deserves. We cannot treat him in the same way that the board and Roeder treated Huckerby.

We talk about being an old fashioned community club with a proud history, if we are then we cannot treat any of our ex-players, particularly somone of Gunn''s stature with disdain and contempt. I am disgusted at the way he is now being spoken of by so called fans, some people it would seem have extremely short memories!

I''m not trying to say he doesn''t deserve criticism. There have been failings of that there is no doubt, the biggest of which has got to be that he was unable to motivate the players sufficiently for our two crunch games; as humiliating and depressing as sunday was, the real damage was done on the previous monday against Reading and the week before that against the Scum with two patchy, lacklustre performances which sealed our fate before a ball was kicked at the Valley. The whole reason for employing him despite his lack of experience was that such a club legend could motivate and man manage the players whilst having the support of two more experienced tacticians in Crook and Butterworth. He was unable to do so. However treat him with respect, we owe him that much, the job itself was extremely tough even for an experienced manager let alone a complete novice, but he has proven himself lacking in ability at this level and must go.

[/quote]

I agree. He should not get the job but those giving him personal abuse are going over the top and should remember that deep down he really cares.

[quote user="Rum ol boy"]they''ll be appointing Puppet Man soon, he''s Norwich through and through[/quote]

Not so, he''s been in Great Yarmouth recently.

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Leave gunn alone, obviously he does not have enough experience to run this team permanently but he is doing his best and unfortunately he could not avoid relegation. Im sure if he was relived as his position of manager he would feel fine about it.

Stop scapegoating
[/quote]

His best isn''t good enough. 5 wins in 19 games. He''s another Grant & Roder in the making.

[quote user="NXCanary"]

[/quote]Hucks and Malky were treated appalingly AND they had made a TELLING contribution to the FOOTBALL side of things in RECENT years. Gunn has done less in recent times than TERRY POSTLE.It''d seem the people with short memories are using them just a bit better than others.

I''m sorry but I don''t really understand the point you are trying to make here, it was malicious of Roeder to sack Terry Postle and showed what a truly vicious little sh*t he was but how does this relate to people slagging Gunn off? He made mistakes, perhaps the biggest one was to take on such a difficult task in the first place but almost all managers, particularly inexperienced ones take on clubs in dissaray, it is the nature of the game. I''m not trying to apologise for his failings but I feel that Gunn gave it his all and came up short. It is the board not him that need the criticism. He didn''t do a Roeder and doesn''t deserve some of the criticism levelled at him.