Sign in to follow this  
RobertMack

Highlight of the Season

Just wonderd if anyone is able to help cheer us up; can people post their NCFC highlight of the season here. I think some positive/ironic/ funny reflections may at least make me forget how sad I am at the minute; a bit like looking through a photo album of a dead friend.

As long as it''s related to NCFC anything goes.

Winning 2-1 at nottinghamHoolahans goal against southamptonbeating the scum 2-0 (crofts goal)5-2 against wolves3-3 against wolves1-1 birmingham (great atmosphere, everyone believed we could stay up)

[quote user="Matt Juler"]For me it''s Forest away, winning the game from 1-0 down with 10 men.[/quote]

we never went one nil down....

[quote user="Matt Juler"]For me it''s Forest away, winning the game from 1-0 down with 10 men.[/quote]

yeah that was mine too, although i think we went 1 up?

our team that day looked so promising, if i recall somthing like this;

marshall

semmy  doc  kennedy  bertrand

bell  fozzy   clingan  pattison

hoolahan

lita

Two for me and it was hard finding them.

One the achievement of the youth team finishing second in their league, plus their great run in the cup.

First team, has to be watching Wes Hoolahan, who in the right team at the right time would go on to be a great for us. Shame it isn''t going to happen, but thanks Wes, it was nice seeing some cultured football amongst the dross and no shows this season.

I think for me the best memory was Hoolahan''s wonder goal v''s Southampton. Forget the game itself, the goal was superb and still makes me smile, so thanks Wes.

watching the wolves goalie, ball in hand, land in the back of the net....

actually all of that match we were fantastic

1. Burnley Away, Walking lost through Liverpool at 9am the morning after Haloween topless and half painted red in my Devil costume, phone battery dead, worrying that i''d never make the morning train to Burnley! Arriving back at the house in which we were stopping to find that my mate wasn''t even back yet! Fortunatly he got back soon after and we got showered and away quick enough to get a good look around Burnley and to Turf Moor. Then back to Liverpool Saturday night for an old friend''s 21st birthday! A fantastic weekend but a shame as usual about the performance on the pitch!

2. Ipswich at Home, "we beat the scum 2-0".

3. Birmingham Away, like kiwiNCFC said, a fantastic support matched by the performance on the pitch, a day when i really thought we''d have no trouble survivng the drop.

4. Doncaster Away, got the train from Norwich at around 9am, started drinking in Peterborough about 11am. Got to Leeds early afternoon to meet our friend who lives there. pub crawl of Leeds then the train to Doncaster for the Friday night game. Fantastic support for a game in an intresting ground City had never been to. Okay result, came away with a point and got to see a goal. The bloke in the Donny end that left/moved seat at half time due to Y''army caining his girlfriend. Just generally a good day with great banter and still believed we were good enough to stay up!

5. Wolves/Barnsley/Cardiff at Home.

[quote user="matt8"]

1. Burnley Away, Walking lost through Liverpool at 9am the morning after Haloween topless and half painted red in my Devil costume, phone battery dead, worrying that i''d never make the morning train to Burnley! Arriving back at the house in which we were stopping to find that my mate wasn''t even back yet! Fortunatly he got back soon after and we got showered and away quick enough to get a good look around Burnley and to Turf Moor. Then back to Liverpool Saturday night for an old friend''s 21st birthday! A fantastic weekend but a shame as usual about the performance on the pitch!

2. Ipswich at Home, "we beat the scum 2-0".

3. Birmingham Away, like kiwiNCFC said, a fantastic support matched by the performance on the pitch, a day when i really thought we''d have no trouble survivng the drop.

4. Doncaster Away, got the train from Norwich at around 9am, started drinking in Peterborough about 11am. Got to Leeds early afternoon to meet our friend who lives there. pub crawl of Leeds then the train to Doncaster for the Friday night game. Fantastic support for a game in an intresting ground City had never been to. Okay result, came away with a point and got to see a goal. The bloke in the Donny end that left/moved seat at half time due to Y''army caining his girlfriend. Just generally a good day with great banter and still believed we were good enough to stay up!

5. Wolves/Barnsley/Cardiff at Home.

[/quote]

That''ll be my highlight

Watching Wes Hoolahan and Sammy Clingan play this season. They showed how the game should be played and both gave their all.

Sammy was a class apart and held the midfield together on his own.

Wes was like Messi without the pace but that was good enough for me.

No-one''s mentioned it so far, and it was a piss poor game but Russell''s winner away to QPR at Loftus Road was my highlight of the season. Just thinking about it makes my hair stand on end.

The crowd went absolutely bananas and it looked as if we were really turning the corner that night.

[quote user="AP16"]

No-one''s mentioned it so far, and it was a piss poor game but Russell''s winner away to QPR at Loftus Road was my highlight of the season. Just thinking about it makes my hair stand on end.

The crowd went absolutely bananas and it looked as if we were really turning the corner that night.

[/quote]

I feel exactly the same about that game. I was completely drenched from the trip there and getting wet as I was in the front five rows but when the ball went in it made it worth it. It was a brilliant reaction from the crowd and I didn''t care about not getting much sleep before work the next day.