Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Who could do a job as a director / CEO ?

I''m not convinced that changes at boardroom level would have much impact on what happens on the pitch.  But I am curious to know who people think could come into the boardroom and make a difference to NCFC, because I can''t think of any names that come to mind.  Ipswich appointed the guy who co-ordinated Team GB for the Beijing Olympics as CEO, a sports administrator but not a football man.If it was in your power to do so, Who would you remove, and who would you replace them with ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I''m not convinced that changes at boardroom level would have much impact on what happens on the pitch.  But I am curious to know who people think could come into the boardroom and make a difference to NCFC, because I can''t think of any names that come to mind.  Ipswich appointed the guy who co-ordinated Team GB for the Beijing Olympics as CEO, a sports administrator but not a football man.

If it was in your power to do so, Who would you remove, and who would you replace them with ?
[/quote]

I don''t think anyone could think of someone to do Doncaster''s job off the top of their heads. It''s not as though you can get a degree in it or anything.

[quote]I don''t think anyone could think of someone to do Doncaster''s job off

the top of their heads. It''s not as though you can get a degree in it

or anything.[/quote]Well, that''s the problem isn''t it then.  Because if you are going to remove someone, you need to replace them.  Better connected people than us might have a reasonable idea, but as always I doubt it will be as simple as removing x or y to turn our situation around.

I believe that to be a director of a football club or chief exec, you must have a sound business and financial background and also understand what it means to be involved in a football club. This way the club is run in such a way it is run most efficiently yet takes into consideration that you cannot hire and fire staff every 5 minutes. I don''t think it totally necessary to have a ''football man'' on the board because how many of such people have any knowledge of how to run a business?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I''m not convinced that changes at boardroom level would have much impact on what happens on the pitch.  But I am curious to know who people think could come into the boardroom and make a difference to NCFC, because I can''t think of any names that come to mind.  Ipswich appointed the guy who co-ordinated Team GB for the Beijing Olympics as CEO, a sports administrator but not a football man.

If it was in your power to do so, Who would you remove, and who would you replace them with ?
[/quote]

I think that a change at boardroom level would have EVERY impact on what happens on the pitch. It is the board that have appointed three useless unworthy managers in succession. Therefore Doncaster, Delia, Munby, Foulger, MWJ....... have EVERY bit of responsible for what happens on the pitch.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I''m not convinced that changes at boardroom level would have much impact on what happens on the pitch.  But I am curious to know who people think could come into the boardroom and make a difference to NCFC, because I can''t think of any names that come to mind.  Ipswich appointed the guy who co-ordinated Team GB for the Beijing Olympics as CEO, a sports administrator but not a football man.If it was in your power to do so, Who would you remove, and who would you replace them with ?[/quote]

I think that a change at boardroom level would have EVERY impact on what happens on the pitch. It is the board that have appointed three useless unworthy managers in succession. Therefore Doncaster, Delia, Munby, Foulger, MWJ....... have EVERY bit of responsible for what happens on the pitch.

[/quote]Ok, I agree that in picking the boss they have an impact at a strategic level.  But who is out there who could replace what we have ?

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]Rick Parry will be out of work in the summer although may be a tad expensive.[/quote]That would certainly be an ambitious appointment for a championship team, let alone a league 1 team.

Maybe Keith Wyness who did a great job at Everton. Again ambitious I know but I think the criteria for a new CEO should be a background of running a football club. It is not like any other business and needs quite a unique type of individual.

quite honestly anyone with any business/football/catering (:P) acumen would be a start!!!I will hereby offer myself as chief scout for South America and ASia.....having watched colombian league football and a hell of a lot of libertadores (south americas champions league equivalent) i could land City some real steals.....Wouldnt cost the earth either,.......and if anyone from the board reads these posts....i guarantee you i can find better players than all 3 previous managers.....wouldnt cost a lot either......as long as you chuck a couple of work permit bungs in/.......

[quote user="6088m canary"]quite honestly anyone with any business/football/catering (:P) acumen would be a start!!!

I will hereby offer myself as chief scout for South America and ASia.....
having watched colombian league football and a hell of a lot of libertadores (south americas champions league equivalent) i could land City some real steals.....

Wouldnt cost the earth either,.......and if anyone from the board reads these posts....i guarantee you i can find better players than all 3 previous managers.....wouldnt cost a lot either......
as long as you chuck a couple of work permit bungs in/.......
[/quote]

I''ll take Japanese scout if the jobs going. It has to pay more than English teaching!

Anyone with decent whole business acumen usually earns a damn sight more than £180k pa or whatever it is.   What is the average wage of the chief exec of a company empoying how many people and a £12m/£25m whatever it is at the moment turnover.

Who can determinedly say what NDs job is let alone point accurately to the parts he is not doing well?   Unlike the football managers job I am not clear on what his role is.   Is investment seekin his or the owners responsibility?  Is his job to run NCFC ltd/plc whatever it is within the budget plan,  including cointingencies?  Has he hit those targets or not?  Do you know?  I dont?

This is not a ND support-pod-cast - but we talk about replacing him without being clear whether he is doing the job he has been asked to do well or not,  whether there is a better candidate out there,  criticising his wage without knowing whether the wage is average, high or low for his responisbilities. 

Are we really just saying he needs to be replaced simply  because he comes across as an odiously arrogant twerp in his dealings with fans?

I shall risk my life by saying this but in all areas other than football I think they do a decent job. Certainly the off-pitch portfolio is the envy of many a Championship or even Premiership club, but of course this is also part of the reason that they have gone astray. I think that to a man the board are happier with improving off-pitch activities so they stick to what they''re good at and leave the football side to someone else. Unfortunately they''ve made that someone else the manager and when you pick a bad manager the rest falls down around it.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Are we really just saying he needs to be replaced simply  because he comes across as an odiously arrogant twerp in his dealings with fans?

[/quote]

No, but i genuinely think that a fresh face and a fresh approach to the way in which this club is run will benefit everyone.  Rightly or wrongly Doncaster will always be seen as one of the characters who presided over the demise (hopefully temporarily) of Norwich City.  A new man (or woman) might be the breath of fresh air that this club needs.

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

No, but i genuinely think that a fresh face and a fresh approach to the way in which this club is run will benefit everyone.  Rightly or wrongly Doncaster will always be seen as one of the characters who presided over the demise (hopefully temporarily) of Norwich City.  A new man (or woman) might be the breath of fresh air that this club needs.

[/quote]

That I can completely agree with Jimbo...

I think ND believes his role is to manage off field activities and not to appoint the managers.

He was at pains to stress that it is the board who appoint the managers but I can''t help but feel he must have some say in the final decision.

For example I presume he is involved in the drawing up of the ill-fated managerial shortlists in recent years.

I could fill the role of non-executive director and I could do it and would do it for nothing. But I don''t think the board would be interested.

what about Andy Cullen who left us to go to MK Dons? has had experience for a year working in league 1 and was well liked by supporter groups