Sign in to follow this  
Time to go Delia

Why have you not done the decent thing Mr Gunn

Agree, if he supposedly loves the club as much as he says, he should surely see that him staying as manager is just going to worsen the problems.

Clearly he has taken the lead set out from HRH Delia herself and got a tad too big for his boots???

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Ego just got to big for your head ?
[/quote]

It''s not ego. He genuinely loves the club and wants to do everything in his power to get it back to the Championship. You shouldn''t criticise him for that.

If the Board has any sense they must thank him for the offer but reject his advances in favour of someone with experience as well as passion. I will be as savagely disappointed as anyone if Gunn is recruited but not with him ... with his employers.

Gunn and the new management team are the promise of hope for our club, the club needs stability and commitment, they deserve the chance to prove their strategy for success into practice after picking up the pieces after Roeders disastrous reign. What''s the point of appointing some success hungry manager who will move on to the next rung elswhere at the first opportunity just like Lee Clark jumped ship....

Ego and clearly delusional - he genuinely cant see that his decisions, choices and ineffectiveness had a direct impact on whether we or barnsley or forest got relegated this season.

And that is why he is such a dangerous reappointment.

The only smart part of his appointment in Jan was that it was on a temp basis;  to ruin that one semblance of sensible caution would take the board beyond Gunns  current level of incompetence 

Gunn was on Anglia news about an hour ago and stated that he considered "the groundswell of public opinion was with him " as a reason he should be given the job, correct me if I''m wrong but surely it is only 40% at best that want him get the job. He seems to be learning the art of bullshitting pretty qick from Mr Doncaster.

Shareholder fairy. surely not? Appointing Gunn will make matters worse, he doesn''t have the credentials or experience to do a good job. As for Clark jumping ship, i disagree, he got offered a managers job, something that he wanted to do and become, it was a good opportunity for him.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Gunn was on Anglia news about an hour ago and stated that he considered "the groundswell of public opinion was with him " as a reason he should be given the job, correct me if I''m wrong but surely it is only 40% at best that want him get the job. He seems to be learning the art of bullshitting pretty qick from Mr Doncaster.[/quote] 40% I would have guessed at nearer 15% just about everybody wants him out .Watching him on Anglia news he looked as inspirational as a wet weekend.

If Gunny was only manager until the end of the season, it would seem that he has no job to resign from!

He can express his desire to carry on all he wants but he presumably has to apply again. Gunny is Mr Norwich, but that doesn''t (...and shouldn''t in my opinion) have to be as manager. Gunny has been through hell in his personal life and I think that gives him a healthy outlook and perspective of what is important in this life...it also has given him the will to ''go for it'', knowing you rarely get second chances in life, but as ''balanced'' a guy, that I think he is, I dont think he has the ''hunger'' or strength, let alone the know how, to manage this great club back to where the fans expect it to be, i.e. top end of the Championship, challenging regularly for another Premiership campaign. I would hope that he thinks hard before throwing his hat in the ring again. Making noises that he will have a player clear-out over the summer if necessary is a pathetic posturing strategy which unfotunately might work with our  inept board.

from the people i have spoken to on Sunday and since i would say the figure is nearer 50%. dont forget only a minority of fans actually post on here so dont take what is posted on here as the feelings of the majority of city supporters

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Ego just got to big for your head ? [/quote]

It''s not ego. He genuinely loves the club and wants to do everything in his power to get it back to the Championship. You shouldn''t criticise him for that.

[/quote]I''ll just criticise him for being a crap manager, then.Relegation battle, lads... time to pull together...P6 W1 D0 L5Down we go.

Tell me please, everyone.

What do you think the reason was for the board appointing Gunn?

No Money

Do we have more money now?

No.

Will Gunn stay manager?

Chances are, YES.

This is not something Gunn is just going to walk away from.  He will do everything he can to get Norwich back into the Championship.  This isn''t and never has been Gunny''s ''fault'' for getting us relegated. He dropped one place in the table (Ok thats one place that seperates Division 2 from 3) but afterall Gunny is not a proper manager. However, It''s the board who decided to appoint him.

GUNNY FOR THE JOB!                 WHERE ELSE ARE WE GOING TO FIND MONEY TO PAY FOR A TOP MANAGER FOR A LEAGUE 1 CLUB?

OTBC