Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Relegation next season

Whoever is appointed manager seems to have an almost impossible task.

We know that the club will lose £3m this season and that will probably be covered by the sale of Clingan and Russell (we probably can''t afford their wages anymore anyway).

Once the loan players have returned to their clubs (they won''t come back to play League 1 football) we will only be left with 4 or 5 players capable of playing in our new division.

The new manager (or Gunn) is going to have to sign around 10 players between now and the middle of June then turn them into a team capable of avoiding another relegation.

As we don''t have any money, this seems unlikely.

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I think we are more likey to go down next year than back up.

We could go down;  esp if we rely on youngsters to see us through.

Totally agree, unless this board of directors are moved during the summer (and there isn''t much chance of that), then we will have another relegation battle on our hands next season.

Watching all the happy clappers defending Gunn yesterday means that I would put us down as one of the favourites for relegation.

We then of course have many people who still have faith in all sticking together and getting not only behind the manager and the players, but our useless board of directors as well!

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Whoever is appointed manager seems to have an almost impossible task. We know that the club will lose £3m this season and that will probably be covered by the sale of Clingan and Russell (we probably can''t afford their wages anymore anyway). Once the loan players have returned to their clubs (they won''t come back to play League 1 football) we will only be left with 4 or 5 players capable of playing in our new division. The new manager (or Gunn) is going to have to sign around 10 players between now and the middle of June then turn them into a team capable of avoiding another relegation. As we don''t have any money, this seems unlikely. Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I think we are more likey to go down next year than back up.[/quote]

Just a small point, the trasfer window doesn''t open until June.[:P]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Just a small point, the trasfer window doesn''t open until June.[:P][/quote]

Out of contract players can be spoken too,  just contracts tend to run to 30th June and so negotiations and deals are not often completed until  then.

Should not stop us looking now.

Believe me some of the teams are bad and some are good. mid-table is where here is a list of who is better and who is worse than us at the minute

Better 

Leeds

Millwall

Scunthorpe

Charlton

Tranmere

Oldham

Brentford

Swindon

The rest are not very good and 1 of Millwall, Scunthorpe and Leeds are likely to go up

So high mid-table

[quote user="Smudger"]

Totally agree, unless this board of directors are moved during the summer (and there isn''t much chance of that), then we will have another relegation battle on our hands next season.

Watching all the happy clappers defending Gunn yesterday means that I would put us down as one of the favourites for relegation.

We then of course have many people who still have faith in all sticking together and getting not only behind the manager and the players, but our useless board of directors as well!

[/quote]

Smudger, I sometimes don''t agree with what you say or how you put it but, I''m really concerned that Norwich could be relegated again. Wolves did it in the early 80s.