Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Sign Paul McVeigh?

Can we sign Paul McVeigh on a one year deal? Luton cant afford to play him, and we havent got any right wingers - and only one left winger - along with no attacking midfielders and very little in the way of back up strikers.

Experienced lad, good crosser of the ball, good finisher. Depending on his motivation and fitness, could be a good head to have around people like Luke Daley and Korey Smith.

Almost always put the effort in on the pitch, the fans already have a song for him, and League One is probably his level.

I would be happy to have him on our bench to be honest.

You forgot to add he was 20st. And no why would we want McVeigh he is crap, he had about two good seasons for us, if that! He cared more about a drink than he did Nowich city.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Can we sign Paul McVeigh on a one year deal? Luton cant afford to play him, and we havent got any right wingers - and only one left winger - along with no attacking midfielders and very little in the way of back up strikers.

Experienced lad, good crosser of the ball, good finisher. Depending on his motivation and fitness, could be a good head to have around people like Luke Daley and Korey Smith.

Almost always put the effort in on the pitch, the fans already have a song for him, and League One is probably his level.

[/quote]

You are joking right? That fat, by-line sniffing waste of space outstayed his welcome here...and that''s why he''s at Luton. He had his time here, and like many others, stayed here too long.

[quote user="Big Bob"]You forgot to add he was 20st. And no why would we want McVeigh he is crap, he had about two good seasons for us, if that! He cared more about a drink than he did Nowich city.[/quote]

Only signing players that dont enjoy a drink wouldnt leave many to pick from buddy. Clingan likes a drink, should we get rid of him? Crofty likes a drink as well, but he won player of the season.

He got fed up here towards the end, but then remember that he was left out of a sh*t peter grant squad and then loaned out to Burnley....... where he scored 3 in 8 at a time when we couldnt score goals...... He was actually pretty loyal, never came out and asked to leave, always signed contracts. There were people like Villa being linked to him once.

Of course, I only want him for squad depth, but if I had to choose between McVeigh and Fatty Patty on the left........ a fat player with skill and a decent cross who enjoys a drink or a fat player with no skill who enjoys a drink...... I would choose McVeigh.

People seem to overate the players that we already have. McVeigh is league one, almost our entire squad is league one.

[quote user="AP16"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

You are joking right? That fat, by-line sniffing waste of space outstayed his welcome here...and that''s why he''s at Luton. He had his time here, and like many others, stayed here too long.

[/quote]

Careful what you say on a forum when referring to a specific person, because their is every chance that your accusation is completely untrue.

I have been in a toilet with some of our best players of the last ten years whilst they have been indulging in aforementioned activity, and I am talking the key players of our promotion challenge.

If you were to take that principle and apply it to football in general, you would probably be losing 25% - 30% of the championship.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]We''d be better off signing Paul McCartney.

[/quote]

we`d be better off signing Heather Mills McCartney  [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]We''d be better off signing Paul McCartney.

[/quote]

[/quote]

We already have enough one footed players.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="AP16"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful what you say on a forum when referring to a specific person, because their is every chance that your accusation is completely untrue.

I have been in a toilet with some of our best players of the last ten years whilst they have been indulging in aforementioned activity, and I am talking the key players of our promotion challenge.

If you were to take that principle and apply it to football in general, you would probably be losing 25% - 30% of the championship.

[/quote]

To be fair I didn''t mean it maliciously, nor am I ignorant to the fact that footballers partake in the ''aforementioned activity'', I''d just loathe to have him back here.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

If he aint good enough to play for Luton how can he add any value here??

[quote user="Rupethebear"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

If he aint good enough to play for Luton how can he add any value here??

[/quote]

Somebody on here reckons that he knows his missus and he is given a huge appearance bonus, as such they cant afford to pay him to play. In fairness, about 50% of the stuff spouted on here is rubbish...... so I take your point.

I guess I just remember a good player who lost his way after leaving.

McVeigh was fantastic up until about 2003.  Then his agent started getting involved with talk of big contracts and his form gradually fell away.  Although he played his part in the Championship season, he''d been dropped for Kevin Cooper by the end.

Didn''t do much after that.  Think his time is done here.

I actually think this is quite a good idea. We will need experienced heads next year and the lad has been playing regular football. In fact sod it. Lets get the old crew back........

Darren Huckerby. 33. The man himself has said never say never.

Gary Holt. Currently peaking 36.  I think hes still kicking a bag of air around somewhere? Probably has more heart than the whole of our current squad.

Malky Mackay. Retired? So what? He could even double up as a player/coach

Leon McKenzie. At 30 the South ''Landen'' Massive would probably welcome a return.

Damien Francis. 30. Cripple my bony backside. Lets wheel him back. Would have to implement alternate training sessions with the above mentioned mind.

Marc Edworthy. Only 36 years of age. Just clinched the League 2 title with Leicester. Out of contract. Why the hell not?

Craig Fleming. Only a tender 37 years of age. Currently the Ambassador of Sport in Norfolk. Lets get the old timer back as first team coach.

Adam Drury. Im sure he''s still playing football somewhere? He can be club captain.

Phil Mulryne. Lets face facts, he better than Stevie G. I reckon we could negotiate a lon deal with Cliftonville FC.

Mathias Svennson. 34. Forced to retire last year. Coaching role time.

Jason Shackell. Season long loan please.

Iwan Roberts. 40. Since retirement Iwan has worked toward gaining a UEFA A Coaching Lisence. Lets give him his first gig as Asst Manager. He also speaks fluent Welsh.

What a set up eh?! These boys know how to succeed. All we would then have to do is bring Worthers back as manager. Job done. [:D]

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]We''d be better off signing Paul McCartney.[/quote]

[/quote]

We already have enough one footed players.

[/quote]Best post ever!I wonder if Paul McCartney will ever go down on one knee again?

I called you an idiot on Sunday, I admit I had been on the magners for most of the day so perhaps I misjudged you.    Then I log on and read this?     It seems that one of us has sobered up since Sunday and one of us is still on the sauce.

Paul McVeigh was fantastic to watch at his best. Unfortunately, most people can only remember when things went downhill from him.