Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Those 18,000 season ticket holders for next season...

[quote user="city4eva"]

I support NCFC and I want to go to all the home matches in the cheapest way possible. That is by renewing my season ticket at the earilest opportunity. Yes i could pay more and get a ticket for each game but where is the sense in that?? It doesnt mean I agree with the Board, Management etc etc, It just means I and my son want to support the club I have supported since 1968. If you dont like that go and glory hunt somewhere!

[/quote]They were all on the waiting list for a season ticket, remember the waiting list ! When every thing was fine and we were going to take the premiereship by storm. Where have they all gone ( probably on someone elses waiting list ). Sadly some people just can''t seem to accept that some of us just want to go and support OUR club !

[quote user="Jez"]

I don''t like the board, or alot of the decisions they made (although I was there in our premiership season singing "delia''s barmy army" along with everyone else, as you were I imagine), but I don''t go to games to support a bunch of suits, I''m there to support my football team.

What you NEED to accept is that we are a team with very little money.  I''ve read many posts about how we need a new board, a new owner, more investment, a better manager, better players, players in long-term contracts rather than loanees etc etc etc, and I agree with every single one of those points.  What I don''t seem to understand is where all the whingers, protestors, boo-boys, nay sayers and general pessimists think we''re supposed to find any of these things?

Who wants to buy Norwich?  Is Callum our saviour?  I haven''t read and stories about a mystery benefactor interested in buying a small, isolated, English club.  What hard decisions would you have them make?  In case you hadn''t noticed  clubs are going bust across the English leagues, is anyone bailing them out?  Are there any great success stories you can point to?

If we stop supporting the club, the clubs revenue drops.  If that happens we have to either gamble with money we don''t have and risk losing everything, or dwindle further into obscurity.  Which one of those options do you prefer?  Where is your magical third option going to come from?

[/quote]Stop making sense Jez you know nobody on this board likes that sort of thing!Maybe after a few years of small crowds when the club is in financial meltdown or worse they will be happy, we won''t have a club to support but hey at least the board will be gone so look on the bright side!!!I pay money to support my club not a board, not a director, not a chairman!  I will be there through the bad times and the good times (Anyone remember the days before the Premiership 14,000 attendances at an average guess).Now don''t go accusing me of supporting Delia and MWJ  I have already said I don''t but if I have to pay my money to keep this club alive so be it!Go ahead shoot me down in flames but get used to it there isn''t a knight in shining armour or an Archant front page coming to the rescue for us or any other of the countless teams in the same position!!!CITY TILL I DIE!!!!!

im sorry mate, i dont feel ''shafted''. i love my club. and i will support them till i die whatever league we are in.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="city4eva"]

I support NCFC and I want to go to all the home matches in the cheapest way possible. That is by renewing my season ticket at the earilest opportunity. Yes i could pay more and get a ticket for each game but where is the sense in that?? It doesnt mean I agree with the Board, Management etc etc, It just means I and my son want to support the club I have supported since 1968. If you dont like that go and glory hunt somewhere!

[/quote]

Well I''m only 2 years behind you, so that hardly makes me a f**king glory hunter does it? Do you not have any other form of response other than attack someone cos their opinions differ to yours?

Season ticket sales are keeping this incompetent, useless, spineless bunch of no-hopers thinking that they can muddle on, year after year! Remove the comfort of those guaranteed payments and you may just find a sharpening of minds regarding investment from the outside.

What part of that is so difficult to disagree with?

[/quote]

Do you have difficulty putting your point across without swearing?

And I really cant be bothered to respond to to the rest of your post

Listen mate,i''ve had a season ticket since 86.I cant just STOP GOING.I know the club is being run by muppets.I dont support the MUPPETS,I just love the club.

[quote user="Jez"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Wonder how shafted you all feel now.
Far be it from me to suggest that by all renewing at the earliest possible opportunity, you gave the board a clear path to claim popular opinion and continue to destroy this football club.
However you justified renewing, you could have sounded a real note of anxiety among supporters, and made it clear to the board that things need to change.
Instead, you displayed the same complacency that has been apparent throughout our once-great club for the last decade.

Until you realise that perhaps the club needs to suffer in the short term to secure it''s long term health, what we have witnessed today will merely be another sad chapter in our distressing history.
How many of you HONESTLY think we''ll get promoted from League One at the first time of asking?
[/quote]

And do you HONESTLY think that abandoning the club will help bring in investment, persuade good players to sign, bring in the money?   You talk over the necessity of a change in the board, but who''s going to invest in a club whose support is fleeing? 

I''ve seen teams who suffer in the short term.  Take Wimbledon for instance, they were suffering, and the fans stopped turning up, now 20 years after winning the FA cup they''re only just returning to the top of the non-league pyramid.  Leeds suffered in the short term and are still struggling to get out of league 1. (I know they imploded for differentr reasons, but with the loss of more TV revenue, coupled with imploding attendences, we''re hardly going to be in a better financial situation)

But the most important point of all: how dare you criticise people for wishing to support their club through thick and thin? If you want to support a team winning more than us, then piss off and become a tractor boy, or a Wolves fan, or a red devil, or any of the 41 teams who finished above us in the English league system.  And when we finally do turn things around, and sort everything out at this club (yes, hopefully with a new board, and a new manager, and a new team), which may not be next season or the next, or the next, you can come back to the 18,000 fans who stuck by their club and explain where you were when Norwich needed you the most.

[/quote]

Fantastic post Jez, it''s time we true supporters put these part-timers in their place! I love the idea that by not renewing season tickets an investor will just appear by magic and buy the club...does this seem even remotely likely?

As another poster correctly said, without these fair weather supporters turning up next season perhaps we can re-create the Carrow Road atmosphere of old.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

Because that is where the club feels it most. Everybody is entitled to protest in what way they seem fit, but look at how quickly the board moved to release Roeder when the season ticket deadline was approaching and you''ll see the boards achilles.

I understand that people still want to support the team and have bought their tickets but some also want to show their dis-satisfaction of the boards running of the club at the same time!!

[/quote]And that is there perogative. What gets on peoples nerves though is the constant stream of people criticizing fans for renewing as if we are inferior fans and only they with their martyrdom will save this club. Each to their own really, I''m renewing because its the best way to spend a bit of quality time with my old man.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

Well I''m only 2 years behind you, so that hardly makes me a f**king glory hunter does it? Do you not have any other form of response other than attack someone cos their opinions differ to yours?

Season ticket sales are keeping this incompetent, useless, spineless bunch of no-hopers thinking that they can muddle on, year after year! Remove the comfort of those guaranteed payments and you may just find a sharpening of minds regarding investment from the outside.

What part of that is so difficult to disagree with?

[/quote]

Do you have difficulty putting your point across without swearing?

And I really cant be bothered to respond to to the rest of your post

[/quote]

I think you will find the swearing was aimed at your "glory hunter" comment! As for not being bothered to respond… well thats a sad indictment of the current state of affairs isn''t it?

Bury your head in the sand… and carry on. Maybe if you close your eyes it will all go away!

[quote user="Jez"]

I don''t like the board, or alot of the decisions they made (although I was there in our premiership season singing "delia''s barmy army" along with everyone else, as you were I imagine), but I don''t go to games to support a bunch of suits, I''m there to support my football team.

What you NEED to accept is that we are a team with very little money.  I''ve read many posts about how we need a new board, a new owner, more investment, a better manager, better players, players in long-term contracts rather than loanees etc etc etc, and I agree with every single one of those points.  What I don''t seem to understand is where all the whingers, protestors, boo-boys, nay sayers and general pessimists think we''re supposed to find any of these things?

Who wants to buy Norwich?  Is Callum our saviour?  I haven''t read and stories about a mystery benefactor interested in buying a small, isolated, English club.  What hard decisions would you have them make?  In case you hadn''t noticed  clubs are going bust across the English leagues, is anyone bailing them out?  Are there any great success stories you can point to?

If we stop supporting the club, the clubs revenue drops.  If that happens we have to either gamble with money we don''t have and risk losing everything, or dwindle further into obscurity.  Which one of those options do you prefer?  Where is your magical third option going to come from?

[/quote]

I agree with all you say apart from saying we''re a small club which we aren''t!

Like you say some people knocking fans for renewing accuse us of supporting Delia and CO which is bulls*it!

I go to games cause I support Norwich City and have been doing so long before Delia ever went on the tele and wore her Blue Sc*m rossette in 1978. I dispised Roeder strongly but would of still renewed had the idiot still been in charge. Its a emotional attachment and local pride that keeps me coming back which is what I''ll do till I die!

Bottom line is the board have wanted out for a long time now and like the sane amongst us know they''ve messed up but can''t find anyone to take the club on. They are basically propping the club up so if they left we''d soon be in administration cause the club cannot exist without benefactors pumping in their private funds to the club to keep it going.

A terrible day for the club which in reality has been building up ever since the half hearted preparations in the summer of 2004 for the Premiership began.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Well… I just canceled my direct debit.

Felt incredibly guilty about doing so and I am hoping someone from the club contacts me to discuss the matter… I''m looking forward to discussing it with them!

Casual tickets for me next season, I shall continue to go and support but with the season ending and no chance of getting there tomorrow to have a go, this was the only way I have left to protest.

I know it will make f**k all difference, but felt the need all the same. [:@]
[/quote]

I did the same after the Ipswich result and yes, I felt guilty but that quickly passed after the Reading game.

[/quote]

paid for mine upfront so don''t have the option, but to be honest I think the quickest way to get Delia to sell up cheaply would be if significant numbers cancel their direct debits, so good on you if you do it.

[/quote]

Did anyone feel guilty today? Did anyone stand in The Valley feeling it was their fault? Did anyone watch us go 3-0 down through the incompetence of the team and the manager and think "if I didn''t support this team and buy a season ticket this wouldn''t be happening"? I suggest if you did then you should probably seek help. I certainly didn''t. How can it be the fans fault? Now if my friend Andy feels it appropriate to cancel his direct debit that''s his decision. I respect you for that Andy as long as you don''t then expect others to follow suit. Because I can tell you that while blame can go to the players, management and board, it cannot be laid at the door of the loyal fans who have stuck by their team through thick and thin. And Barclay_Boy, you are now in the league below those posters on here who don''t have season tickets. You could take your ticket back and demand a refund just as easily as keeping it while you try to guilt trip the loyal fans who have no desire to turn their back on the club.

It''s up to each individual season ticket holder as to whether they renew or not. And the fault for the clubs predicament is with neither those who have renewed or those who cancel.

NN,I expect people to make their own decisions… I can post my reasons behind why I reached the decision I did… their decisions are entirely up to them. But I simply cannot put up with what I am seeing any more. I have simply had enough of this current regime.If you read my post, you will see that I will be buying a casual ticket, as I will continue to attend matches, cos I''m a Norwich fan and always will be. I''m sure even the bluntest tool in the box will see that''s going to cost me more money… but I have got to thinking that the consistent flow of cash from the season ticket sales, when secured against the loan for the Jarrold Stand, is what is propping up the incumbents at the moment. I simply don''t want to be part of that anymore.I realise that if all 18k did that then financially we would be pretty much close to administration. Maybe that is what is needed to send a very clear message to all of our board that Prudence and Ambition have no part to play in the running of my club. I don''t want administration to follow, and personally I don''t think it would… but like I said, it may make people a wee bit more realistic as to what course of actions are open to them. Call it brinkmanship if you like… but something needs to be done, and this is my own personal way of doing it.I realise it will make fook all difference, but I felt the need to do it. I don''t blame you as a fan for getting us here. I blame the board, the management team and the useless load of no-marks that make up our playing squad (with very few exceptions)… Now, if you were one of those that decided they deserved a round of applause at The Valley for their "superb" efforts this season, then I might seriously question your sanity!

Posters keep bringing up "glory hunting", its not a case of "thick and thin"......we all support Norwich City and we have all spent hard earned money buying tickets, shirts etc etc.......but its the fact that we are having the piss taken out of us. I for one haven''t renewed my ticket, does that make you more of a fan than me? does that mean I''ve deserted my club? In my eyes no. There comes a time when enough is enough, the board know that whatever they do they will get supporters putting hands in pockets to bail the club out............does that mean I have to continue spending money to watch utter gutless performances from under par players? does that mean I have to assist in the demise of the club due to following the heard and putting up with a board that have employed one bad manager after another? IMO NO.

I am a huge fan of the club but I have a line, and it has been well and truely crossed. I WILL NOT continue to put my hard earned money into this circus, I will not have the piss taken out of me by board members who know nothing about football or its fans,

this certainly does not make me a glory hunter, binner or turn coat

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Wonder how shafted you all feel now.
Far be it from me to suggest that by all renewing at the earliest possible opportunity, you gave the board a clear path to claim popular opinion and continue to destroy this football club.
However you justified renewing, you could have sounded a real note of anxiety among supporters, and made it clear to the board that things need to change.
Instead, you displayed the same complacency that has been apparent throughout our once-great club for the last decade.

Until you realise that perhaps the club needs to suffer in the short term to secure it''s long term health, what we have witnessed today will merely be another sad chapter in our distressing history.
How many of you HONESTLY think we''ll get promoted from League One at the first time of asking?
[/quote]

I don''t feel shafted at all. My choice.

Prats like you, who only support the team when things are going well, are about as much use as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking competition. Go support Man U.

Andy, I fully understand your decision and the reasons why you took it. I understand many of the reactions that I saw today. Even some of the ones that I don''t agree with I can understand. I can understand the young fans in party mood turning up with their inflatables pre-match. I can understand the anger at the players when it all went wrong. I can understand the chanting "your not fit to wear the shirt" "sack the board" "Take off Otsemebor" "Get your gloves out Bryan Gunn" I even understand the fans that walked out, or threw their shirt on the pitch. Despite the fact that I hold him as responsible as the players for the inept performance I can understand the fans who sung "He''s got no hair etc, etc." In fact I can even understand the fans who applauded at the end because sometimes you have to be there to understand what was happening. There were players who came to acknowledge the fans who those fans felt were fit to wear the shirt and so some applauded back. It was not in any way "applauding the team off". Now the reason I understand these reactions is because many of those fans are the same ones I have travelled with for years. And I know they care. And I know they are all undoubtedly fit to wear the shirt.

So yes, as I said in my original post, I understand and respect your decision although I won''t be joining you. My problem is with those who expect others to make a sacrifice on their behalf.

For me, I will keep my season ticket as I enjoy football and enjoy being at the games. Isn''t that, at the end of the day, what it''s all about? Yes, I''m not in the slighest bit happy, but I portray that by joining in protests, writing to Neil Doncaster and voicing my opinion. As said, what good will fleeing the club en mass actually do? Nothing, I suspect.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]

Felt incredibly guilty about doing so and I am hoping someone from the club contacts me to discuss the matter… I''m looking forward to discussing it with them!

Casual tickets for me next season, I shall continue to go and support but with the season ending and no chance of getting there tomorrow to have a go, this was the only way I have left to protest.

[/quote]

I did the same after the Ipswich result and yes, I felt guilty but that quickly passed after the Reading game.

[/quote]

paid for mine upfront so don''t have the option, but to be honest I think the quickest way to get Delia to sell up cheaply would be if significant numbers cancel their direct debits, so good on you if you do it.

[/quote]

Did anyone feel guilty today? Did anyone stand in The Valley feeling it was their fault? Did anyone watch us go 3-0 down through the incompetence of the team and the manager and think "if I didn''t support this team and buy a season ticket this wouldn''t be happening"? I suggest if you did then you should probably seek help. I certainly didn''t. How can it be the fans fault? Now if my friend Andy feels it appropriate to cancel his direct debit that''s his decision. I respect you for that Andy as long as you don''t then expect others to follow suit. Because I can tell you that while blame can go to the players, management and board, it cannot be laid at the door of the loyal fans who have stuck by their team through thick and thin. And Barclay_Boy, you are now in the league below those posters on here who don''t have season tickets. You could take your ticket back and demand a refund just as easily as keeping it while you try to guilt trip the loyal fans who have no desire to turn their back on the club.

It''s up to each individual season ticket holder as to whether they renew or not. And the fault for the clubs predicament is with neither those who have renewed or those who cancel.

[/quote]

Ok NN, you reckon I just phone the club up and they will just give me my £366 back do you? Don''t think so, you''re talking your usual load of old drivel.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Well… I just canceled my direct debit. Felt incredibly guilty about doing so and I am hoping someone from the club contacts me to discuss the matter… I''m looking forward to discussing it with them!Casual tickets for me next season, I shall continue to go and support but with the season ending and no chance of getting there tomorrow to have a go, this was the only way I have left to protest.I know it will make f**k all difference, but felt the need all the same. [:@][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok NN, you reckon I just phone the club up and they will just give me my £366 back do you? Don''t think so, you''re talking your usual load of old drivel.

[/quote]I think the point is, if you were serious about a refund, you would indeed phone up the club and see whether it was possible to get it refunded.  Otherwise, if you can''t be arsed to even look into it yourself, it''s just a low form of posturing.

At some point in the future; we will either improve,  get lucky , get a new owner or all three. The 18,000 of us who are "real" fans; In sickness and in health, until death do us part. Will turn on the glory seekers and sing "where were you when we were s***". All you first Wizards should understand.The loyal 18k are not supporting the rubbish appointments made by a rubbish board; or the lack of commitment made by overpaid mercenaries. We are Norwich fans by birthright. It is a tattoo that cannot be removed. Iwill admire those fans visiting Carrow road next season who will hope to stay in div 1 and not even dream of the premiership. They too are real fans and not keyboard warriors  

[quote user="Rum ol boy"]

Posters keep bringing up "glory hunting", its not a case of "thick and thin"......we all support Norwich City and we have all spent hard earned money buying tickets, shirts etc etc.......but its the fact that we are having the piss taken out of us. I for one haven''t renewed my ticket, does that make you more of a fan than me? does that mean I''ve deserted my club? In my eyes no. There comes a time when enough is enough, the board know that whatever they do they will get supporters putting hands in pockets to bail the club out............does that mean I have to continue spending money to watch utter gutless performances from under par players? does that mean I have to assist in the demise of the club due to following the heard and putting up with a board that have employed one bad manager after another? IMO NO.

I am a huge fan of the club but I have a line, and it has been well and truely crossed. I WILL NOT continue to put my hard earned money into this circus, I will not have the piss taken out of me by board members who know nothing about football or its fans,

this certainly does not make me a glory hunter, binner or turn coat

[/quote]

I`ve made the point about "a line being crossed" quite a few times on these boards.  What i`ve come to realise though is that many (most?) supporters have no line whatsoever.  This is pompously dressed up as "loyalty" and "supporting through thick and thin", but what it really is is basically giving a small group of people who have power carte blanche to do whatever they like.  What people on this thread appear to be saying is that a board of NCFC can do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING, and they will still buy their season tickets.  Sad, scary and not far off being willingly brainwashed.

[quote user="ctid"]

At some point in the future; we will either improve,  get lucky , get a new owner or all three. The 18,000 of us who are "real" fans; In sickness and in health, until death do us part. Will turn on the glory seekers and sing "where were you when we were s***". All you first Wizards should understand.The loyal 18k are not supporting the rubbish appointments made by a rubbish board; or the lack of commitment made by overpaid mercenaries. We are Norwich fans by birthright. It is a tattoo that cannot be removed. Iwill admire those fans visiting Carrow road next season who will hope to stay in div 1 and not even dream of the premiership. They too are real fans and not keyboard warriors  

[/quote]

So the board could do absolutely anything and you`d still go?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="ctid"]

[/quote]

So the board could do absolutely anything and you`d still go?

[/quote]Thank you Mr Carrow… saved me having to ask it!

[/quote]

Yes but have you told the club in writeing at least one month in advance, No oh dear watch your bank statement

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Well… I just canceled my direct debit. Felt incredibly guilty about doing so and I am hoping someone from the club contacts me to discuss the matter… I''m looking forward to discussing it with them!Casual tickets for me next season, I shall continue to go and support but with the season ending and no chance of getting there tomorrow to have a go, this was the only way I have left to protest.I know it will make f**k all difference, but felt the need all the same. [:@][/quote]

Yes but have you told the club in writeing at least one month in advance, No oh dear watch your bank statement

[/quote]The same will happen as when I canceled my standing order with British Gas… the bank doesn''t pay it! They ask me, I say yes I have stopped it, they say ok. BG tried the old months notice thing and got nowhere with it either, so I am looking forward to Doomie and Co having a try.

I am sure I am not alone in sensing a touch of curiosity regarding how it will feel in Div 1, it is a new experience, new grounds, and for me a chance to re-unite with friends and family at new away games. I imagine it will be tough and I do not expect us to finish in the top 6, but I do hope to see ''Norwich players'' playing for the Club, and to see good young players given a chance. We need to bring in a young Manager with some track record, and yes, for all their mistakes, I do support the owners, there is no alternative at present anyway. Nevertheless I do feel as I always have done, that we require more football experience on the Board, (and some fans) and less business-types/capitalists.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you have no idear how the direct Debit gaurentee works have you? if the DD instruction is cancelled and the club takes a payment they break the law....

jas :)

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Wonder how shafted you all feel now.Far be it from me to suggest that by all renewing at the earliest possible opportunity, you gave the board a clear path to claim popular opinion and continue to destroy this football club.However you justified renewing, you could have sounded a real note of anxiety among supporters, and made it clear to the board that things need to change.Instead, you displayed the same complacency that has been apparent throughout our once-great club for the last decade.Until you realise that perhaps the club needs to suffer in the short term to secure it''s long term health, what we have witnessed today will merely be another sad chapter in our distressing history.How many of you HONESTLY think we''ll get promoted from League One at the first time of asking?[/quote]

I don''t feel shafted at all. My choice.

Prats like you, who only support the team when things are going well, are about as much use as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking competition. Go support Man U.

[/quote]

It''s more a case of supporting a team that''s ''playing'' well rather than one of supporting a team that''s doing well, you tool; a case of supporting a team of players that give it their all and who actually show they care - can you hand on heart really claim you''ve witnessed the necessary committment levels from a City team on the whole in the last five years? No, you haven''t, and neither have I, but the huge difference twixt you & I is the sorry fact that you''ve chosen to finance the continuing demise of the club, whereas I and many other right minded supporters are doing the right thing by clipping Delia & co''s wings - they are parasitical cuckoos laying their ''nest eggs'' in the damaged home of the canary and they need to be culled to extinction.

Unless they have changed the wording since I did it, anyone on the direct debit payment scheme can cancel their agreement and get a full refund less the casual places for any games played so far. So until the start of next season thats a full refund.