Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Those 18,000 season ticket holders for next season...

Wonder how shafted you all feel now.Far be it from me to suggest that by all renewing at the earliest possible opportunity, you gave the board a clear path to claim popular opinion and continue to destroy this football club.However you justified renewing, you could have sounded a real note of anxiety among supporters, and made it clear to the board that things need to change.Instead, you displayed the same complacency that has been apparent throughout our once-great club for the last decade.Until you realise that perhaps the club needs to suffer in the short term to secure it''s long term health, what we have witnessed today will merely be another sad chapter in our distressing history.How many of you HONESTLY think we''ll get promoted from League One at the first time of asking?

im one of them 18,000 tht renewed and i dnt think tht we will go straight up again unless something changes. CITY TILL I DIE!

Well… I just canceled my direct debit. Felt incredibly guilty about doing so and I am hoping someone from the club contacts me to discuss the matter… I''m looking forward to discussing it with them!Casual tickets for me next season, I shall continue to go and support but with the season ending and no chance of getting there tomorrow to have a go, this was the only way I have left to protest.I know it will make f**k all difference, but felt the need all the same. [:@]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Well… I just canceled my direct debit.

Felt incredibly guilty about doing so and I am hoping someone from the club contacts me to discuss the matter… I''m looking forward to discussing it with them!

Casual tickets for me next season, I shall continue to go and support but with the season ending and no chance of getting there tomorrow to have a go, this was the only way I have left to protest.

I know it will make f**k all difference, but felt the need all the same. [:@]
[/quote]

yh. dnt blame ya!

I''ve stuck behind them til the very last, and will continue to do so. But I can''t justify spending 400 quid for the 10th season in a row after watching the club slide to this decline. Don''t get me wrong, I''m City til I die but I can''t continue to invest hard earned money on Norwich City FC with Doncaster, MWJ, and Delia at the helm.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Wonder how shafted you all feel now.
Far be it from me to suggest that by all renewing at the earliest possible opportunity, you gave the board a clear path to claim popular opinion and continue to destroy this football club.
However you justified renewing, you could have sounded a real note of anxiety among supporters, and made it clear to the board that things need to change.
Instead, you displayed the same complacency that has been apparent throughout our once-great club for the last decade.

Until you realise that perhaps the club needs to suffer in the short term to secure it''s long term health, what we have witnessed today will merely be another sad chapter in our distressing history.
How many of you HONESTLY think we''ll get promoted from League One at the first time of asking?
[/quote]

F**k Off!

How dare you accuse anyone who wants to support the club as being responsible, i renewed my season ticket because i''m a Norwich City supporter, not a Delia supporter, i''m there through thick and thin, high and low, not someone who bogs off when things arn''t going well as a way of "protesting"

Felt incredibly guilty about doing so and I am hoping someone from the club contacts me to discuss the matter… I''m looking forward to discussing it with them!

Casual tickets for me next season, I shall continue to go and support but with the season ending and no chance of getting there tomorrow to have a go, this was the only way I have left to protest.

[/quote]

I did the same after the Ipswich result and yes, I felt guilty but that quickly passed after the Reading game.

I renewed my season ticket at the first opportunity.  way before the first deadline came and went.  League 1 or not i will be there next season.  now is the time the happy clappers dont go to carrow road and we get some sort of atmosphere back in the stands.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Well… I just canceled my direct debit. Felt incredibly guilty about doing so and I am hoping someone from the club contacts me to discuss the matter… I''m looking forward to discussing it with them!Casual tickets for me next season, I shall continue to go and support but with the season ending and no chance of getting there tomorrow to have a go, this was the only way I have left to protest.I know it will make f**k all difference, but felt the need all the same. [:@][/quote]

Fair play to you, Andy.I sincerely hope many others follow suit.

[quote user="Lambo"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Wonder how shafted you all feel now.Far be it from me to suggest that by all renewing at the earliest possible opportunity, you gave the board a clear path to claim popular opinion and continue to destroy this football club.However you justified renewing, you could have sounded a real note of anxiety among supporters, and made it clear to the board that things need to change.Instead, you displayed the same complacency that has been apparent throughout our once-great club for the last decade.Until you realise that perhaps the club needs to suffer in the short term to secure it''s long term health, what we have witnessed today will merely be another sad chapter in our distressing history.How many of you HONESTLY think we''ll get promoted from League One at the first time of asking?[/quote]

F**k Off!

How dare you accuse anyone who wants to support the club as being responsible, i renewed my season ticket because i''m a Norwich City supporter, not a Delia supporter, i''m there through thick and thin, high and low, not someone who bogs off when things arn''t going well as a way of "protesting"

[/quote]

It''s not just a run of poor form, you f*cking anus, things have been wrong at the club for years, and supporters have every right to protest in whichever way they deem appropriate.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Lambo"]

Far be it from me to suggest that by all renewing at the earliest possible opportunity, you gave the board a clear path to claim popular opinion and continue to destroy this football club.
However you justified renewing, you could have sounded a real note of anxiety among supporters, and made it clear to the board that things need to change.
Instead, you displayed the same complacency that has been apparent throughout our once-great club for the last decade.

Until you realise that perhaps the club needs to suffer in the short term to secure it''s long term health, what we have witnessed today will merely be another sad chapter in our distressing history.
How many of you HONESTLY think we''ll get promoted from League One at the first time of asking?
[/quote]

F**k Off!

[/quote]

and supporters have every right to protest in whichever way they deem appropriate.[/quote]

The why bame the fans?? ...hypocrite

I take that back, your not the original poster, allthough if you agree with him, it still applies, saying fans have every right to protest however they want fans have every right to renew their season tickets without being blamed for our religation

[/quote]

And do you HONESTLY think that abandoning the club will help bring in investment, persuade good players to sign, bring in the money?   You talk over the necessity of a change in the board, but who''s going to invest in a club whose support is fleeing? 

I''ve seen teams who suffer in the short term.  Take Wimbledon for instance, they were suffering, and the fans stopped turning up, now 20 years after winning the FA cup they''re only just returning to the top of the non-league pyramid.  Leeds suffered in the short term and are still struggling to get out of league 1. (I know they imploded for differentr reasons, but with the loss of more TV revenue, coupled with imploding attendences, we''re hardly going to be in a better financial situation)

But the most important point of all: how dare you criticise people for wishing to support their club through thick and thin? If you want to support a team winning more than us, then piss off and become a tractor boy, or a Wolves fan, or a red devil, or any of the 41 teams who finished above us in the English league system.  And when we finally do turn things around, and sort everything out at this club (yes, hopefully with a new board, and a new manager, and a new team), which may not be next season or the next, or the next, you can come back to the 18,000 fans who stuck by their club and explain where you were when Norwich needed you the most.

[quote user="Jez"]

And when we finally do turn things around, and sort everything out at this club (yes, hopefully with a new board, and a new manager, and a new team), which may not be next season or the next, or the next, you can come back to the 18,000 fans who stuck by their club and explain where you were when Norwich needed you the most.

[/quote]Jez, do you really honestly believe that things are going to turn around under this board?That things are going to improve?That outside investment will be sought and accepted by Delia?Tell you what, I''ll play along, but why don''t YOU explain to me why you, a supposed supporter of this FOOTBALL CLUB, continue to sit by and take no action against a board that PUTS FOOTBALL LAST?!FFS people, you NEED to accept that this board ONLY accept money as a form of negotiation. At the moment, thousands of fans are blindly handing money to the board, which has been wasted for season after season, do you honestly think your money has been well spent?!By renewing the season tickets so early, the board could breathe easy. Why make any hard decisions when gullible people hand you money in reward for UTTER FAILURE?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Jez"]

And when we finally do turn things around, and sort everything out at this club (yes, hopefully with a new board, and a new manager, and a new team), which may not be next season or the next, or the next, you can come back to the 18,000 fans who stuck by their club and explain where you were when Norwich needed you the most.

[/quote]

Jez, do you really honestly believe that things are going to turn around under this board?
That things are going to improve?
That outside investment will be sought and accepted by Delia?

Tell you what, I''ll play along, but why don''t YOU explain to me why you, a supposed supporter of this FOOTBALL CLUB, continue to sit by and take no action against a board that PUTS FOOTBALL LAST?!
FFS people, you NEED to accept that this board ONLY accept money as a form of negotiation.
At the moment, thousands of fans are blindly handing money to the board, which has been wasted for season after season, do you honestly think your money has been well spent?!
By renewing the season tickets so early, the board could breathe easy. Why make any hard decisions when gullible people hand you money in reward for UTTER FAILURE?
[/quote]

I take it you missed the "hopefully with a new team, manager and board" bit of his post?

[quote user="Jez"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Wonder how shafted you all feel now.Far be it from me to suggest that by all renewing at the earliest possible opportunity, you gave the board a clear path to claim popular opinion and continue to destroy this football club.However you justified renewing, you could have sounded a real note of anxiety among supporters, and made it clear to the board that things need to change.Instead, you displayed the same complacency that has been apparent throughout our once-great club for the last decade.Until you realise that perhaps the club needs to suffer in the short term to secure it''s long term health, what we have witnessed today will merely be another sad chapter in our distressing history.How many of you HONESTLY think we''ll get promoted from League One at the first time of asking?[/quote]

And do you HONESTLY think that abandoning the club will help bring in investment, persuade good players to sign, bring in the money?   You talk over the necessity of a change in the board, but who''s going to invest in a club whose support is fleeing? 

I''ve seen teams who suffer in the short term.  Take Wimbledon for instance, they were suffering, and the fans stopped turning up, now 20 years after winning the FA cup they''re only just returning to the top of the non-league pyramid.  Leeds suffered in the short term and are still struggling to get out of league 1. (I know they imploded for differentr reasons, but with the loss of more TV revenue, coupled with imploding attendences, we''re hardly going to be in a better financial situation)

But the most important point of all: how dare you criticise people for wishing to support their club through thick and thin? If you want to support a team winning more than us, then piss off and become a tractor boy, or a Wolves fan, or a red devil, or any of the 41 teams who finished above us in the English league system.  And when we finally do turn things around, and sort everything out at this club (yes, hopefully with a new board, and a new manager, and a new team), which may not be next season or the next, or the next, you can come back to the 18,000 fans who stuck by their club and explain where you were when Norwich needed you the most.

[/quote]

You''re supporting/financing eateries through thick and thin, not a bleedin'' football team.

Jezebel.  [:P]

And what, pray Lambo, will motivate the board to perform such actions or seek such investment when our fans prove over and over again that they are willing to hand over their money and cheer the board in return for incompetence and failure?

With season ticket sales directly secured to repaying the loan for the Jarrold Stand, do you seriously think that the money from them is going into the team?There''s nothing to stop you going to the game by paying for a ticket on the day… that way you can support the team but you send a clear message to the board that you are not going to help them continue to grind our club into the ground.

I don''t like the board, or alot of the decisions they made (although I was there in our premiership season singing "delia''s barmy army" along with everyone else, as you were I imagine), but I don''t go to games to support a bunch of suits, I''m there to support my football team.

What you NEED to accept is that we are a team with very little money.  I''ve read many posts about how we need a new board, a new owner, more investment, a better manager, better players, players in long-term contracts rather than loanees etc etc etc, and I agree with every single one of those points.  What I don''t seem to understand is where all the whingers, protestors, boo-boys, nay sayers and general pessimists think we''re supposed to find any of these things?

Who wants to buy Norwich?  Is Callum our saviour?  I haven''t read and stories about a mystery benefactor interested in buying a small, isolated, English club.  What hard decisions would you have them make?  In case you hadn''t noticed  clubs are going bust across the English leagues, is anyone bailing them out?  Are there any great success stories you can point to?

If we stop supporting the club, the clubs revenue drops.  If that happens we have to either gamble with money we don''t have and risk losing everything, or dwindle further into obscurity.  Which one of those options do you prefer?  Where is your magical third option going to come from?

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]With season ticket sales directly secured to repaying the loan for the Jarrold Stand, do you seriously think that the money from them is going into the team?

There''s nothing to stop you going to the game by paying for a ticket on the day… that way you can support the team but you send a clear message to the board that you are not going to help them continue to grind our club into the ground.

[/quote]

And what happens if we default on our loan payments?  That money has to come from somewhere, if it doesn''t we''ll be hit with a severe points deduction and facing football in League 2

[quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]

[/quote]

I did the same after the Ipswich result and yes, I felt guilty but that quickly passed after the Reading game.

[/quote]

paid for mine upfront so don''t have the option, but to be honest I think the quickest way to get Delia to sell up cheaply would be if significant numbers cancel their direct debits, so good on you if you do it.

[quote user="Jez"]

I don''t like the board, or alot of the decisions they made (although I was there in our premiership season singing "delia''s barmy army" along with everyone else, as you were I imagine), but I don''t go to games to support a bunch of suits, I''m there to support my football team.

What you NEED to accept is that we are a team with very little money.  I''ve read many posts about how we need a new board, a new owner, more investment, a better manager, better players, players in long-term contracts rather than loanees etc etc etc, and I agree with every single one of those points.  What I don''t seem to understand is where all the whingers, protestors, boo-boys, nay sayers and general pessimists think we''re supposed to find any of these things?

Who wants to buy Norwich?  Is Callum our saviour?  I haven''t read and stories about a mystery benefactor interested in buying a small, isolated, English club.  What hard decisions would you have them make?  In case you hadn''t noticed  clubs are going bust across the English leagues, is anyone bailing them out?  Are there any great success stories you can point to?

If we stop supporting the club, the clubs revenue drops.  If that happens we have to either gamble with money we don''t have and risk losing everything, or dwindle further into obscurity.  Which one of those options do you prefer?  Where is your magical third option going to come from?

[/quote]

Agree, someone with their head screwed on living in the REAL world ! [:)]

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Jez"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re supporting/financing eateries through thick and thin, not a bleedin'' football team.

Jezebel.  [:P]
[/quote]

Fine shyster, go and start AFC Norwich if you''re so opposed to the financial aspect of the game.

[quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

F**k Off!

[/quote]

I couldn''t have put it better myself, lambo.

I support NCFC and I want to go to all the home matches in the cheapest way possible. That is by renewing my season ticket at the earilest opportunity. Yes i could pay more and get a ticket for each game but where is the sense in that?? It doesnt mean I agree with the Board, Management etc etc, It just means I and my son want to support the club I have supported since 1968. If you dont like that go and glory hunt somewhere!

Because that is where the club feels it most. Everybody is entitled to protest in what way they seem fit, but look at how quickly the board moved to release Roeder when the season ticket deadline was approaching and you''ll see the boards achilles.

I understand that people still want to support the team and have bought their tickets but some also want to show their dis-satisfaction of the boards running of the club at the same time!!

[quote user="city4eva"]

I support NCFC and I want to go to all the home matches in the cheapest way possible. That is by renewing my season ticket at the earilest opportunity. Yes i could pay more and get a ticket for each game but where is the sense in that?? It doesnt mean I agree with the Board, Management etc etc, It just means I and my son want to support the club I have supported since 1968. If you dont like that go and glory hunt somewhere!

[/quote]

Well I''m only 2 years behind you, so that hardly makes me a f**king glory hunter does it? Do you not have any other form of response other than attack someone cos their opinions differ to yours?

Season ticket sales are keeping this incompetent, useless, spineless bunch of no-hopers thinking that they can muddle on, year after year! Remove the comfort of those guaranteed payments and you may just find a sharpening of minds regarding investment from the outside.

What part of that is so difficult to disagree with?