Sign in to follow this  
thebigfeller

Latest from Mick Dennis

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]To be honest I think that what he has wrote is spot on......there is no one willing to buy this club so we should get behind her BUT he is a complete mong!![/quote]

As far as we know there''s nobody to buy this club but we''ve only got Mrs Smiths word on that and I wouldn''t trust her any further than I could throw her, I believe that there is someone willing to buy the club if the price is right.

I have not infested my computer with Mr Waghorn and his friends, and I doubt now is the time to start, I am more than angry and don''t think my blood pressure would take anymore of the sycophantic drivel I feel all you poor lot have tasted.

Enough of this crap - I await Man in the Stands to reply.

Thanks for the warning everyone, I won''t bother reading his efforts.One of these people who thinks he has an "insight" into the game far away and above us mere mortals because he writes about it!The man is a waste of time, space and effort, and I can''t take anything he says seriously and am certainly not going to start now.

I read this thread before reading his article and I''m left slightly stunned to be honest.  Having read all your comments I expected a load of incoherent ill-considered drivel but I had to re-read his article twice to make sure I hadn''t missed something...what is your problem? The article is correct in almost every regard and I can''t disagree with any of it.  I even checked to see if there was another article I was getting it confused with...but no. This is one truly bizarre thread bearing no resemblance to reality. Still, it''s enjoyable in a strange way.....

Mick Dennis is entitled to an opinion and he will rightly point out that calling him a selection of your finest, is proof that people on this message board are unable to accept views that aren''t in line with the lynch-mob mentality.

So, Mick with regards to catering, stands, hotels etc - yes, couldn''t agree more, let''s make as much money as possible, all for the greater good.

However, re managers - in my view you have this utterly wrong.

Nigel Worthington was kept on too long - "Those fans who turned against him so soon and so readily after he had given us a season in the Premier League..." Well, hang on, he was the manager, not someone doing us a favour in getting us promoted, presumably he was paid to undertake this rather splendid Herculean task.  And why did it have to be just one season..? Towards the end I became concerned that the games I was reading about in the paper were clearly different to the games that he''d been managing. The Burnley game was an absolute shocker.

"Next up was Peter Grant. He said: "As No2 at West Ham, I''ve taken a club into the Premier League and helped keep them there. I want to do it as a No1". It was a plausible pitch."  That''s right, it was just a pitch, door to door salesman stuff, nothing more.  Thank God that Flavio had taken over at QPR, so that when the game was televised we could appreciate the beauties in the directors box, rather than the beast of a football game being served up by our team on the park.

Glenn Roeder - to PR what Damian McBride is to team bonding.  Less said the better, but yet another unforgiveable mistake.

Gunny, the people''s manager - a train crash waiting to happen.  Since when did Facebook start going head to head with Whitehead Mann, Michael Page or football agents?

But Mick, I have to take issue over this last statement; "Delia is angry as well. Someone close to her told me this week that she "has all guns blazing." She will direct that anger towards trying to get a strategy and funds in place so that the club she loves can recover." Mick, she''s the bloody majority shareholder of this club, why hasn''t she directed this so-called anger prior to us geting into this mess, which, arguably she and the board have created?  It''s like inviting a eunuch to an orgy; sounds great but it''s a bit too bloody late.

Whilst I appreciate we are all entitled to our views, I can''t helping but thinking that as regards the board''s choice of managers, you''re in danger of entering yourself into the next year''s Man Booker Prize.

Yours,

Ron.