Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Should Gunn Lead Norwich City in League 1 After Relegation

Andy his contract expired at the end of the season. There is nothing more to pay up. So no the reality isn''t different.

[quote user="Happyhammer Andy"]

Will either Gunn or a new manager be allowed to go out and sign new players in the summer or will you have to reduce your squad?

Andy. 

[/quote]

I am pretty sure that we will sign new players during the close season;  being league one most will be on free transfers or minimal fees but would hope to see a decent midfielder and a striker signing for a reasonable fee (if we cant get Alan Lee) as that is where we are weakest.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Happyhammer Andy"]

Will either Gunn or a new manager be allowed to go out and sign new players in the summer or will you have to reduce your squad?

Andy. 

[/quote]

I am pretty sure that we will sign new players during the close season;  being league one most will be on free transfers or minimal fees but would hope to see a decent midfielder and a striker signing for a reasonable fee (if we cant get Alan Lee) as that is where we are weakest.

[/quote]NO

West Ham have some really great players coming through in their academy. Infact, of the recent bunch, Noble, Stanilas, Sears and Collison, have already had some first team experience.

If I were in your position, I would be straight on the blower to Upton Park. The academy is renowned throughout the country and therefore the quality would be good. I''m sure that they would be interested in letting young talented players experience first team football at Carrow Road on a loan basis.

Andy.

[quote user="shareholder-fairy"]Gunn and his coaching team MUST be given a chance.He has demonstrated integrity, people, and man management skills and has the respect of players, managers and people in the game at the highest levels, his ability to recruit Butterworth and Crook shows his acumen- Butterworth has the highest level of coaching ability and qualifications and with the creativity and excellence of Crook this combination provides an exciting new dawn for the club. He was willing to take on the trail of destruction and dessimation left by Roeder, appointed days before the transfer deadline with no money to spend...who else was queing up under these circumstances?  Roeder left the players broken and whipped and it takes time to turn things around. They have shown their love and commitment to the club, the least they deserve is to be given the opportunity to put their collective expertise into practice. The fact that we were still in with, albeit a whisker of a chance, of survival right to the last match of the season shows that, given a clean slate, they have the capacity to take this club back to where it belongs. Loan players by and large haven’t worked. Given Gunn’s brief track record of pulling in McDonald, Smith, Shacks and Lee who have shown passion for City then what a prospect to have a whole team of players with the qualities Gunn has identified in them. Appointing a manager from lower leagues would be a big mistake and smacks more of the lack of ambition the board have been accused of.[/quote]What position at the club do you have?Post smacks hard of someone internal pitching the appointment that has already been made and trying to justify it.You need more than "passion" to win football matches. England went for that under Taylor and Keegan, two of the worse Managers England have ever had.Everton appointed Moyes from a lower division, did that smack of a "lack of ambition"?Newcastle gave Shearer the job, thats going REALLY well for them, isn''t it?The answer to the question is no, the reasons why are legion.

as much as i like the guy, its got to be a no. he is a great guy and city through and through but he isnt the right man to take us out of this mess. we need experienced management, a manager who does well with no budget, someone like Paul Jewell he got bradford up with no budget and he also got wigan to the premiership with no budget. as old shuck wrote newcastle appointed Shearer and that has failed. and i dont know why appointing a decent manager from the lower leagues shows a "lack of ambition" there are very good managers in the lower leagues who also have no budget to work with.