Sign in to follow this  
Sham69

Blue Gutted

As a Ipswich fan i''m truely gutted there won''t be a derby next year, i live in Norwich and work with Norwich fans and enjoy the banter that goes on all year.

I''ve all the newspaper reports over the last few days and had many discussions with work mates and a few things have come out of that, 

1. You have one of the best Youth set up''s in British football what has happened to all the young players coming through, it seemed to many loan players took their places and after watching Luton a few times your loan players to them would have done better for you. The same happened to us the second year of the premiership we let the home grown players go bought expensive rubbish with no spirit.
  2. To much money was spent on the ground, loan signings and wages that could have been used to build a team rather than a engine made up of spare parts and where has all the money gone( shades of Robert Chase maybe).
  3. Who picked the managers and i know you''ll all be saying we''ve got Kean lol but they all tried the quick fix of loan players and it was like if at first you don''t suceed try try again even if it did''t work the first time.

I really hope you come straight back up I''ll miss the banter.

Cheers mate, hoping you''re correct about the youth setup. We''re gonna need it. All valid points.

I totally agree that we have wasted money on loan players.

The good news is that the young talent will get its chance next season and I am sure they will do us proud.

I know several Ippo fans, and several actually said they wanted us to win the derby a) so that Mad Jim would get sacked and b) so that we''d not get relegated.  Unfortunately they still sacked him, even though they won!

I read an interesting quote today from Alex McLeish, in the Times (someone who might be handy, if Gunn stays, as is a close mate).  He said: 

“It’s been a trying season for everybody,” McLeish said. “At times, maybe, the board felt with the investment they have made we should have been ahead earlier. But when you bring in free transfers and dabble in loan signings, it’s car-crash management. The infrastructure is much more difficult. It’s not necessarily a recipe for success just to pay wages, you have to try to invest in the transfer market. We will get a golden nugget for promotion [about £60 million, including £35 million in television revenue] and we want to invest in some younger players, a better pitch and training facilities.”

How right he is.

you''re right sham...........and i hate to admit that, big shades of chase here far too much money put into anything other than the players on the pitch. And how much does Delia take for her resturants to be on the premisis ? and how much of it goes back to the club? we have been led through the nose by an inept board and swallowed it all..........£56 million for a league 1 club? not now not ever
the youth system has been systematically ignored by managers all thinking loans are the way forward, i wasn''t at charlton but the passion with which Corey Smith played is what i want to see.........he''s playing for a shirt next year not like the rest of the traveling wilburys happy to suck the cash from the club in loan payments. Lets face it we dont deserve this if previous managers had had some spine and looked a bit further than their own nose (glen Roeder,peter grant) then we may not be here,but we are, lets hope the board meeting sorts it, out new investment whatever is needed but i doubt it.

from one chef to another Delia this is one burnt cookie if you wont swallow it dont eat it..........where are you we need a 12th diretor out here, come on lets be having you

they can have my 20% when i see them take a 20% pay cut
the anti nowhere league

Never thought i''d see the day that Norwich and Ipswich fans would be in agreement