Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

GUNN TO BE REWARDED WITH PERMANENT MANAGER CONTRACT - Daily Mail

I really just cannot believe this. Have they not got the message already. I thought they would have maybe tryed to listen to what the fans are telling them but clearly not. I am praying that this is not true.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
Surely they can''t? Surely they won''t?

The permanent appointment of Gunn would put into the shadow any and all of their previous mis-decisions, general tomfoolery and idiocy par la excellence.

Now we''ve all said it and I''ll say it again. Gunny, great guy, great keeper, but not a Manager. Never was. Never will be. Was not even looking for a Managerial job, but had it thrust at him earlier in the year because he just happened to be cheap and available, a "yes man", someone who was on Facebook and who ''does'' Norfolk apparantly (funny how any new investor has to come from the county, yet it doesn''t have to apply to owners and Managers!) and is, certainly according to the Board and the blanket carrying, thermos wielding few who would applaud traffic lights changing and would cite winning the toss for kick off as a "success".

To hell with experience.
To hell with someone with coaching knowledge.
To hell with ambition.
To hell with football.

Gunn has promised a "clear out" if appointed, what does he mean, half the squad are loan players and will be gone anyway, some are out of contract, others will have had their agents looking to get them a move from last Christmas onwards. A "clear out" -FFS Gunny, you don''t need to wield your rubber axe, they''re going anyway!

I can see the sort of players who we will need next season flocking to join us under your leadership, "...well, as soon as I saw Bryan Gunn wanted me, I was on the first plane to Norwich..." -the only reason players will join us next season will be for a bit more Costa Del Colney under our very own version of Mr Chips.

I hope to God that its wrong, I really, really do. But it all looks so inevitable and I can see the Boards platitudes now, all about "...consistency....knows the club....get us back where we belong....lots of applicants but Bryan was always our first choice....lessons have been learnt...the fans will be delighted*..." (*yep, fans of 23 other League 1 clubs!)

It should be Goodnight Mr Chips as a much loved old hand walks away into the sunset-but no, its Good Morning and Welcome Mr Chips, now, what about that clear out???

Whimper.
[/quote]

Of course they can, Shuck. Every time you think they cannot possibly get it any more wrong, they surpass themselves yet again. The "lessons they have learned" from Grant and Roeder appointments aren''t that they were crap managers and there was clearly something horribly amiss with a selection process resulting in them being chosen. Oh no. Instead, it was that they didn''t "fit" the club. That''s it: that''s all they''ve "learned". Meaning someone who "bleeds green and yellow" is, in their eyes, the perfect choice. Regardless of whether he has any managerial or coaching experience; regardless of whether he has any man-management skills or tactical acumen; regardless of the point that he oversaw two disgraceful no-shows in the two most important games this club has played since 1960.

As far as I''m concerned, if this report is true, it is tantamount to gross negligence, and a declaration of war against the fans and best interests of the club. If they appoint Bryan Gunn, this board will prove once and for all that they are not fit for purpose; meaning it''ll be up to us to force them out.

[quote user="FramCanary"]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1177629/Norwich-stick-Gunn-Canaries-legend-gets-managers-job-permanent-basis.html

Our shambolic, pathetic, clueless, pennyless, idiotic excuse for a board of directors cannot be serious.

They are getting some sort of perverted sense of enjoyment out of what they have done to our football club.

13 years of failure (excusing the 03/04 achievement - thanks again Hucks), both on & off the pitch. The club was £6m in debt when Smith bought in & is now around £22m in the red! Now in the 3rd tier for the first time in 50 years - nobody could have seen that coming could they!!!!!!!!.

I hope that ALL who brought about the demise of the club in the mid 90''s are now fully satisfied. IN PARTICULAR - ROY BLOWER. Are you in the least bit remorseful Roy?

PLEASE TRY AND KEEP US UP NEXT YEAR GUNN.

[/quote]

I have no idea what the Daily Mail source is but it may well just be a flier based on the balance of probabilities.  The problem with Robins, by the way, is that there will be a fairly hefty buy out if you are interested - he is on a four year contract.  

Fantastic post Shuck, the bit about the traffic lights was pure comedy genius, you have made me laugh and for that I will consider you in the poster of the year finals! Thank you very much.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1177629/Norwich-stick-Gunn-Canaries-legend-gets-managers-job-permanent-basis.html

Our shambolic, pathetic, clueless, pennyless, idiotic excuse for a board of directors cannot be serious.

They are getting some sort of perverted sense of enjoyment out of what they have done to our football club.

13 years of failure (excusing the 03/04 achievement - thanks again Hucks), both on & off the pitch. The club was £6m in debt when Smith bought in & is now around £22m in the red! Now in the 3rd tier for the first time in 50 years - nobody could have seen that coming could they!!!!!!!!.

I hope that ALL who brought about the demise of the club in the mid 90''s are now fully satisfied. IN PARTICULAR - ROY BLOWER. Are you in the least bit remorseful Roy?

PLEASE TRY AND KEEP US UP NEXT YEAR GUNN.

[/quote]

This is the same Daily Mail that said today that Robins was going to be our new Manager!

Oh dear. Seems like it is not only the cheap option but the easy option. A yes man who will assist their ransacking of the football side of things. A restaurant first and a football club second. I don''t know but if the restaurants were run as badly as the football side I''m surprised anyone eats there!

I am very, very old and have seen many things but never, ever, ever have I known the Daily Mail to get anything right. I think you can relax now.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]The Gunn OUT campaign must start straight away , ridiculous appointment of a lame duck manager
[/quote]

I already started it yesterday, much to the annoyance of the happy clappy brigade.

Gunn is a nailed on Certainty to be handed a contract for the job on a FT basis.

This means that we are well and truly screwed.  Barring a quick buy out of the club over the next few months then we are heading for administration and Div 4 (Div 2) without a doubt.

[/quote]

What an utter load of nonsense.  Chase brought the club down by spending too much on non footballing areas, in particular land speculation which very rarely produces the short term rewards he was looking for.  As a result he had to sell too many players to balance the books, and before the land could yield a return we''d got relegated from the Prem.  The eventual return on the land was a drop in the ocean compared to the income we''d have received from staying in the Premiership.  Very similar scenario this time round except at a lower level. 

I was involved in the fan''s protest against Chase and in my view we''ve tended to overstate the effect that it had on the final outcome.  Chase''s decision to appoint Martin O''Neill was probably designed to shut us up, but he didn''t back him.  O''Neill''s departure was probably the final nail in Chase''s coffin but it was almost entirely self inflicted.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="FramCanary"]

[/quote]

What an utter load of nonsense.  Chase brought the club down by spending too much on non footballing areas, in particular land speculation which very rarely produces the short term rewards he was looking for.  As a result he had to sell too many players to balance the books, and before the land could yield a return we''d got relegated from the Prem.  The eventual return on the land was a drop in the ocean compared to the income we''d have received from staying in the Premiership.  Very similar scenario this time round except at a lower level. 

I was involved in the fan''s protest against Chase and in my view we''ve tended to overstate the effect that it had on the final outcome.  Chase''s decision to appoint Martin O''Neill was probably designed to shut us up, but he didn''t back him.  O''Neill''s departure was probably the final nail in Chase''s coffin but it was almost entirely self inflicted.

[/quote]

Typical of the ''Chase out'' morons - still in denial after all these years.

Chase left with the club £6m in debt - but with a substantial value tied in to player transfer value not capitalised on the Balance Sheet (Eadie, O''Neill, Mills, Johnson, Marshall, Akinbiyi, Cureton, Belamy.........) & land assets which would serve to provide a valuable windfall to a subsequent board.

The current state of our club is solely down to those who brought about it''s demise & the total incompetance of Smith and her board.

When O''Neill took the job, interviewer Liggins asked him ''Have you discussed with the board how much money is available for player purchases?'' to which he answered ''No, that is not too important to me - getting the job was the most important thing''. However, he soon got through over £1m as the cost of bringing Fleck back to the club at a cost of £650,000 & signing Matthew Rush - a diabloical waste of £400,000. Little wonder he struggled to persuade the board to part with £1.3m for a player sold by his clud 3 months later for £700,000.

Please give up on your denial mind-set & accept what has happened & the reasons for it.