Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

GUNN TO BE REWARDED WITH PERMANENT MANAGER CONTRACT - Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1177629/Norwich-stick-Gunn-Canaries-legend-gets-managers-job-permanent-basis.html

Our shambolic, pathetic, clueless, pennyless, idiotic excuse for a board of directors cannot be serious.

They are getting some sort of perverted sense of enjoyment out of what they have done to our football club.

13 years of failure (excusing the 03/04 achievement - thanks again Hucks), both on & off the pitch. The club was £6m in debt when Smith bought in & is now around £22m in the red! Now in the 3rd tier for the first time in 50 years - nobody could have seen that coming could they!!!!!!!!.

I hope that ALL who brought about the demise of the club in the mid 90''s are now fully satisfied. IN PARTICULAR - ROY BLOWER. Are you in the least bit remorseful Roy?

PLEASE TRY AND KEEP US UP NEXT YEAR GUNN.

its like the board and even gunny are in some alternative universe where everything is rosy in the green and yella garden...if gunny believes he''s the best man for the job - hand on heart he''s a fudgin liar in my book - legend or no legend...and the board are clearly unfit for purpose imo...the sooner these ****s go the betta...

Playing with fire when you look at the fans opinions:

Should Gunn Lead Norwich City in League 1 After Relegation?

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1670868/ShowPost.aspx#1670868

[quote user="Jim Kent"]The Daily Mail also reported this morning that Mark Robins was to be giving the job.[/quote]fair enough jimbo - but look at the language used....i''m sure cam would say this appointment looks nailed on..."Norwich look set to confirm the appointment of Bryan Gunn....etc"

Surely they can''t? Surely they won''t?The permanent appointment of Gunn would put into the shadow any and all of their previous mis-decisions, general tomfoolery and idiocy par la excellence.Now we''ve all said it and I''ll say it again. Gunny, great guy, great keeper, but not a Manager. Never was. Never will be. Was not even looking for a Managerial job, but had it thrust at him earlier in the year because he just happened to be cheap and available, a "yes man", someone who was on Facebook and who ''does'' Norfolk apparantly (funny how any new investor has to come from the county, yet it doesn''t have to apply to owners and Managers!) and is, certainly according to the Board and the blanket carrying, thermos wielding few who would applaud traffic lights changing and would cite winning the toss for kick off as a "success". To hell with experience.To hell with someone with coaching knowledge.To hell with ambition.To hell with football.Gunn has promised a "clear out" if appointed, what does he mean, half the squad are loan players and will be gone anyway, some are out of contract, others will have had their agents looking to get them a move from last Christmas onwards. A "clear out" -FFS Gunny, you don''t need to wield your rubber axe, they''re going anyway!I can see the sort of players who we will need next season flocking to join us under your leadership, "...well, as soon as I saw Bryan Gunn wanted me, I was on the first plane to Norwich..." -the only reason players will join us next season will be for a bit more Costa Del Colney under our very own version of Mr Chips.I hope to God that its wrong, I really, really do. But it all looks so inevitable and I can see the Boards platitudes now, all about "...consistency....knows the club....get us back where we belong....lots of applicants but Bryan was always our first choice....lessons have been learnt...the fans will be delighted*..." (*yep, fans of 23 other League 1 clubs!)It should be Goodnight Mr Chips as a much loved old hand walks away into the sunset-but no, its Good Morning and Welcome Mr Chips, now, what about that clear out???Whimper.

"Jeeves..Fetch the passport i''m off to live cloud cuckoo land with Delia Smith and her board"

If Gunn is the man for the board then my season ticket will be returned!!!!

Dont read too much into it. It simply cannot happen. The board are down to their last chips, they wouldnt handle the uproar if this happens.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Dont read too much into it. It simply cannot happen. The board are down to their last chips, they wouldnt handle the uproar if this happens.[/quote]I hope so. God I hope so!!

To many fans just dont give a flying f**k about our club......as long as they can doff their cap to the queen and she nods in recognition, they are happy................................

Ask me just how p1$$ed off I am? 

This simply must not be allowed to happen!!!!! If Gunn is appointed it will be a kick in the teeth to already totally dispirited fans, and the final nail in the NCFC coffin; that is FACT not Fiction. There must be some influencial people around who can rid us of this current inept board, and give the club the fresh start the fans deserve??? Please do not allow the board to continue to bring this club to its knees any more than it has already done.

[quote user="mtv"]

To many fans just dont give a flying f**k about our club......as long as they can doff their cap to the queen and she nods in recognition, they are happy................................

Ask me just how p1$$ed off I am? 

[/quote]

How p1$$ed off are you?

Was it Mike Walker who said you could do what you liked at Norwich, as long as it was what Delia wanted-or words to that effect?She wants a nice little cosy entourage bobbing about in her wake doesn''t she, SS Delia steaming ahead with all the little corks floating about around her. Steaming to the rocks, the one that holes and sinks her will be appointed Manager.

Very very very pissed off   ...more pissed off than a pissed off person should be.....................................................

In a couple of years, Gunn might be able to make something of a managerial career with Norwich. However, we do not have a couple of years. IF we want to go straight back up next season, we need someone with experience in this league and preferably above, someone with enough tactical nous, and someone who knows the exact type of player we need to get promoted, and also be able to do this with very little money. Okay, so basically we need perfection - the second best? It''s between Tilson and Robins

[quote user="mtv"]Very very very pissed off   ...more pissed off than a pissed off person should be.....................................................[/quote]

The facts are he is out o contract, lets hope he has re apply and they actually get some some competition for the job!

NO F*CKING WAY! NO WAY! NO....DISGUSTED!!!!!!!!!! BOARD OUT, FAN BUY OUT.... ANYTHING?!

Do I persoanlly even give a monkey about him being a great goal keeper for Norwich City however many decades ago?!?!?!?! NO

That was the Norwich City of the past... All I care about is the NCFC of TODAY and tomorrow. And right now, NCFC is in the Sh*t...!! Lowest point for 50 years..... 

So again, who the F is Gunn as a manager to get us promoted?!?!??!??!!?!?!?

What with all that managerial experince of getting us relegated and probably one of the worst run ins of the last six game NCFC has EVER had,,,,,,,,?!?

GUNN...... JOG ON

BOARD..... JOG OFF

Congratulations go to Gunn - clearly the best man for the job! A wealth of managerial experience, excellent record in the transfer market & knows the lower leagues in depth.

Congratulations also go to our board. A hard decision to make at perhaps the most critical point in our modern history - but (as usual) they have come up trumps!

Still, they may have a change of heart come the morning! Rumour has it that a managerial combo of Magilton & Grant are also in the running! However, it is thought that the board are simply unable to back their ambitious plans to build a promotion capable squad by providing them with their player transfer budget request of up to £25,000!

When will some of our ''fans'' wake up and accept/realise what has happened to our club under Smith????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

this report has a ring of truth about it. Isn''t there a Daily Mail journo very close to the board? The one who wrote the pro board piece after Roeder went?

The Gunn OUT campaign must start straight away , ridiculous appointment of a lame duck manager

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
Was it Mike Walker who said you could do what you liked at Norwich, as long as it was what Delia wanted-or words to that effect?

She wants a nice little cosy entourage bobbing about in her wake doesn''t she, SS Delia steaming ahead with all the little corks floating about around her. Steaming to the rocks, the one that holes and sinks her will be appointed Manager.
[/quote]

He said ''you were allowed an opinion at Norwich, as long as that opinion was the same as Delia''s''

So,according to this MB tonight,Doncaster is to be sacked tomorrow,Munby could also be on his way,Foulger is out looking for investment from some very wealthy people,and Delia is selling her shares.And yet,they have had time to get together to decide Gunn is getting the manager''s job,because they don''t want any backroom upheaval !

[quote user="greenTshirt"]this report has a ring of truth about it. Isn''t there a Daily Mail journo very close to the board? The one who wrote the pro board piece after Roeder went?[/quote]

sorry - I''m thinking of Mick Dennis at the Express.

I can''t see anyone staying apart from the cook and her old man.