Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

GUNN MUST NOT BE APPOINTED AS PERMANENT MANAGER

If you think things are bad now it will be ten times worse if Bryan Gunn is announced as permanent manager tomorrow as predicted by the Daily Mail. If this is the case it will mean the board are even further out of touch with reality than we thought, and will clearly signal their campaign for ''prudence without ambition'' is set to continue. It will also be the final nail in the NCFC coffin. As many have said, Bryan is a lovely chap with considerable experience of club life off the pitch, but as I understand it he has no formal FA coaching qualifications, and his record since January has been less than impressive, and no better than either Grant or Roeder. The board and chief executive need to step down whilst acknowledging there total ineptness over the past four years. Bryan Gunn needs to be thanked for taking the flack for their mistakes, and given a club role deserving of his personality and commitment, moving aside for a new manager to take charge as soon as humanly possible. If you care about this club and want to feel optimistic regarding promotion next year, make your feelings known asap.

Please god no , anybody but the weak pathetic Bryan Gunn .

[quote user="Spartan"]

If you think things are bad now it will be ten times worse if Bryan Gunn is announced as permanent manager tomorrow as predicted by the Daily Mail. If this is the case it will mean the board are even further out of touch with reality than we thought, and will clearly signal their campaign for ''prudence without ambition'' is set to continue. It will also be the final nail in the NCFC coffin. As many have said, Bryan is a lovely chap with considerable experience of club life off the pitch, but as I understand it he has no formal FA coaching qualifications, and his record since January has been less than impressive, and no better than either Grant or Roeder. The board and chief executive need to step down whilst acknowledging there total ineptness over the past four years. Bryan Gunn needs to be thanked for taking the flack for their mistakes, and given a club role deserving of his personality and commitment, moving aside for a new manager to take charge as soon as humanly possible. If you care about this club and want to feel optimistic regarding promotion next year, make your feelings known asap.

[/quote]

Spot on.

Spartan wrote the following post at 05/05/2009 9:45 PM:

I agree totally mate well played and clever boy lol

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Please god no , anybody but the weak pathetic Bryan Gunn .
[/quote]

That will be the same Bryan Gunn who played a match less than one week after tragically losing his eldest daughter to Leukemia will it?

I don''t think he should be given the manager''s job on a permanent basis either, but weak and pathetic he certainly is not.

Frankly some of the bile that is being posted on here about Gunny is insulting. He deserves better than this.

Brian is a lovely guy who has had his fair share of downs in his life and has come through it all, but that, I''m afraid, is why he is not of the right personality to manage this club. He will always be a nice guy, and green and yellow to the core, but he knows what is really  important in life and it isn''t football, and it isn''t Norwich City. We need someone more narrow-minded, hungry and focused, who has done his time managing and knowing his way around football.

[quote user="Phil H"]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Please god no , anybody but the weak pathetic Bryan Gunn .[/quote]

That will be the same Bryan Gunn who played a match less than one week after tragically losing his eldest daughter to Leukemia will it?

I don''t think he should be given the manager''s job on a permanent basis either, but weak and pathetic he certainly is not.

Frankly some of the bile that is being posted on here about Gunny is insulting. He deserves better than this.

[/quote] Well quite frankly if he doesnt want the stick he should get out of the job , his continuous bleating about wanting it (which started even before our last 2 matches) says to me all he is worried about is Bryan Gunn and being billy big bollocks the manager .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Phil H"]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Please god no , anybody but the weak pathetic Bryan Gunn .
[/quote]

[/quote] Well quite frankly if he doesnt want the stick he should get out of the job , his continuous bleating about wanting it (which started even before our last 2 matches) says to me all he is worried about is Bryan Gunn and being billy big bollocks the manager .
[/quote]

I don''t recall Gunny saying he doesn''t want the stick and I''m sure he can handle it, otherwise he would not be putting himself forward for the job.

Read the post carefully pal; there is no mention of Gunny being ''weak and pathetic''; they are your words not mine! Nobody is suggesting that Gunny isn''t a great bloke who has shown tremendous courage under difficult circumstances, but he is not management material. Think before you right such bile!

JUST LOOK AT THE STATS FOR THE 19 GAMES HES HAD AND THAT WILL TELL YA WHY HE SHOULDNT BE MANAGER