Sign in to follow this  
pickle

Hoolahan made the worst decision of his life.

could he have got it more wrong. choosing norwich over any other club because he wanted to get promoted with a club to the premiership. what a clever person

[quote user="pickle"]could he have got it more wrong. choosing norwich over any other club because he wanted to get promoted with a club to the premiership. what a clever person[/quote]

toss up between him and clingan!!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="pickle"]could he have got it more wrong. choosing norwich over any other club because he wanted to get promoted with a club to the premiership. what a clever person[/quote]

[/quote]

Clingan will move on and stay in The Championship or possibly Premiership with Fulham.

Hoolihan however, was only sold to us for £250k and on his performances over the last year I do not eblieve that too many clubs will be lining up to put in offers for him that are likely to increase his value drastically.  Therefore I think that Hoolihan is likely to be with us still next season and may therefore regret his move from Blackpool last summer.

Not the brightest spark in the book and a crap footballer too!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Clingan will move on and stay in The Championship or possibly Premiership with Fulham.

Hoolihan however, was only sold to us for £250k and on his performances over the last year I do not eblieve that too many clubs will be lining up to put in offers for him that are likely to increase his value drastically.  Therefore I think that Hoolihan is likely to be with us still next season and may therefore regret his move from Blackpool last summer.

[/quote]

Come on Smudger there''s no need to let our manic depression spread into tearing apart our best players!

Hoolahan is far from crap and at times glittered as one of our few stars. Yes, he took time to settle but before his injury he was regularly the one bright hope in a struggling team. If he stays for next season I will be delighted. If we play to his strengths and create a winning team again he has the potential to tear the division and Championship apart. 

The only reason hoola may end up with us at the start of next season is his injury,  he was done by roeder and was playing much better once given abit more freedom.  He is a decent champs player and he will find a buyer once his fitness is proven.

I would prefer it if he stayed, he had a bigger positive influence on more games than clingan too so would prefer him to stay over sammy,   but cant see either being here come august..  unless the board get some ambition and fair but fun investment to enable us to keep them.

smudger what a tw*t you are..

Let us see then... if anybody is prepared to spend big on him and he is not with us at the start of the season then I will eat my words.

Hoolihan is crap!!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]Hoolihan however, was only sold to us for £250k and on his performances over the last year I do not eblieve that too many clubs will be lining up to put in offers for him that are likely to increase his value drastically.  Therefore I think that Hoolihan is likely to be with us still next season and may therefore regret his move from Blackpool last summer.

Not the brightest spark in the book and a crap footballer too![/quote]Now this is where you really let yourself down smudger. You happily tell everyone who can be bothered to listen, that you never go to games, and then in the next breath, you offer your expert opinion on players performances.

The fact that you never watch these players yet still mock them removes any traces of credibility you ever had.

Perhaps he will be luckier at Peterborough[;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Let us see then... if anybody is prepared to spend big on him and he is not with us at the start of the season then I will eat my words.

[/quote]

Nice get out clause about spending big;  he wont go for a lot of money and no one here has said he would. Unless you call £500k (v v v max) as spend big you have a self fulfilling prophecy there and so easy to come back and say I told you so whatever happens.  

Premier league he is not,  but nor is he crap.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Peterborough wont sign him, they have Boyd on the left wing.[/quote]Camuldonum is Hoolahan''s dad..

Hoolahan is about the only bit of creativity in the whole squad .

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Nice get out clause about spending big;  he wont go for a lot of money and no one here has said he would. Unless you call £500k (v v v max) as spend big you have a self fulfilling prophecy there and so easy to come back and say I told you so whatever happens.  

Premier league he is not,  but nor is he crap.

[/quote]

Ok I would be very surprised if somebody was stupid enough to pay a penny over £500k for him.

Considering we bought him for £250k, even if we doubled our money on him then once you subtract his wages from last season then we are hardly making a handsome profit are we?

Do not fear he will be here next season showing how pi$$ poor he is in the 3rd Division.

[quote user="Lewie Roeders revolution"]Smudger are you mentally challenged?[/quote]

Yes, I mentally challenge myself to be a better judge of what makes a good footballer than yourself and the last 3 pi$$ poor excuses for football manager that we have employed.

Now let me see... Strivahka, Killen, Ostomebor, Chris Brown etc etc

I told you they were all crap after seeing very little of them.

I can tell you Ricky Lambert is a good player that would improve our team greatly after seeing very little of him.

Of course some of us have it and some of us clearly don''t (then again our board would never stump up the cash for Lambert and Gunny would never have the balls to demand it).

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Hoolihan however, was only sold to us for £250k and on his performances over the last year I do not eblieve that too many clubs will be lining up to put in offers for him that are likely to increase his value drastically.  Therefore I think that Hoolihan is likely to be with us still next season and may therefore regret his move from Blackpool last summer.

Not the brightest spark in the book and a crap footballer too![/quote]Now this is where you really let yourself down smudger. You happily tell everyone who can be bothered to listen, that you never go to games, and then in the next breath, you offer your expert opinion on players performances.

The fact that you never watch these players yet still mock them removes any traces of credibility you ever had.

[/quote]

As above Lappin ^^^^^^

I have seen a few games this season.

While Gunny and yourself can''t see what a crap player is in 19 games or in 46 games.... I can spot a crap player in just a few games.

Name a player that I have ever been wrong about.

You can''t can you???

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Lewie Roeders revolution"]Smudger are you mentally challenged?[/quote]

Yes, I mentally challenge myself to be a better judge of what makes a good footballer than yourself and the last 3 pi$$ poor excuses for football manager that we have employed.

I can tell you Ricky Lambert is a good player that would improve our team greatly after seeing very little of him.

Of course some of us have it and some of us clearly don''t (then again our board would never stump up the cash for Lambert and Gunny would never have the balls to demand it).

[/quote]Why would Lambert come here Smudger? It would be a side-ward step for him.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]
Why would Lambert come here Smudger? It would be a side-ward step for him.
[/quote]

It should be a step up for him, but I guess you consider Bristol Rovers a club of equal size to us?

My, my, my how we have fallen!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Why would Lambert come here Smudger? It would be a side-ward step for him.[/quote]

It should be a step up for him, but I guess you consider Bristol Rovers a club of equal size to us?

My, my, my how we have fallen!!!

[/quote]He wants to go the Championship and test himself there and therefore it is a side wards step. Unless you''re going to admit that you think we''ll be there the season after next? If it was anyone else in League One you would be saying why would they want to come here to a failing side? But you''re trying to use it so you can blame the board for not signing him.

Soon as Roeder went, Hoolahan was released to be as creative as he liked, and he shone in the first few games before he was injured. He was the one bright spark that I thought could keep us up.

There is no-one more creative in the squad as Hoolahan, he has good close control and an eye for a pass leading to an attempt on goal. He scored a couple of goals and began to play more consistantly, then he got injured. And Im not surprised its taken him time to get used to playing in front of 25,0000 (Blackpools average this season 7,800), who still talk about him needing to prove himself since the departure of St Hucks. Rightly or wrongly he is here now.We may not know how best to use him as yet but if he stayed he would play a big part for us in a league not known for its quality.

I love football you know however I am a better rugby player.I used to play to a reasonable stadard and we would maybe get a hundred folks watch.For this slice of glory each weekend I would pay membership, and subs.  And then with my friends go out to war often missing work with injuries in often well paid jobs it would often be like fightclub back at the office knowing winks at the Unix admin trying to type on a rack keyboard with a dislocated shoulder.Hoolahan is a professional footballer he gets to do somthing that I would do for free if i was not crap, just walking onto the pitch at an empty Carrow Road or even the CAB stadium here in Bizerte Tunisia makes me feel like Russel Crowe in gladiator so god knows what scoring infront of 25,000 fans feels like.He gets paid a lot of money and plays for a wonderful club if he hates it he can go join another one at any time he is a good player so will reach the level he deserves.If Matt le tissier had joined a bigger team, if Shearer had have joined Man U etc etc.  Just decisions not bad decisions, a bad decision is bettering the house on red or getting into the driver seat drunk.Football is littered with broken dreams I remember being at University when the team won the universities cup and thinking how good these guys where and yet all rejected.