Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

My (Unanswered) question to the board members at the open day forum

The question I asked went along the lines of ( I can''t remember my exact wording)...

Our board consists of a cook, a publisher, a PR man, a solicitor and a poultry farmer. (Could have been butcher baker and candlestickmaker). How are you qualified to make any Football or financial decisons for the benefit of this football club?

Munby didn''t want to answer and gave the mic to Docaster who said something like, the board have more skills that we (the fans) recognise. They have an accountant who stops them from going too far. What?

They consulted Dave Stringer before they appointed managers. Dave Stringer is a club legend both as a player and manager, but even he has been ''out of the loop'' for donkeys years, this is totally laughable.

Was that an acceptable answer? No I think not.

We know the board have appointed a sucession of useless managers (hence my question), but Glenn Roeder took the biscuit.

The man who almost single handedly ripped the guts out of the club.

I know managers have their ''own men'' when they get appointed, but does this include the kit man?

Terry Postle gave our club 25 years service - I didn''t know the guy but it was said he was a nice guy and did a good job. What could his crime have been? Did he not bow low enough for Roeder?

What I would like to know is, did the board ask Glenn why Terry had to go? and, was the reason in the best interest of the football club? If the answers are No and No as I suspect then the board have seriously failed. Showing that they are prepared to dump on anyone in the support of their ''right decision'' to appoint him in the first place.

So when this spineless, useless and gutless board get theirs (and let''s hope the rumours are true and it''s anyday now), we can say this  one is for you Terry and every other City fan too.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

The question I asked went along the lines of ( I can''t remember my exact wording)...

Our board consists of a cook, a publisher, a PR man, a solicitor and a poultry farmer. (Could have been butcher baker and candlestickmaker). How are you qualified to make any Football or financial decisons for the benefit of this football club?

[/quote]

Well what a good start, no wonder they ignored you. Let''s compare the footballing genius on the "model club" Burnley FC Board shall we?

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/page/WhosWho/0,,10413~909963,00.html

Now tell me, what makes that lot any more qualified to run a football club? The only thing they have in common with our lot is money, a lot more money than you and I.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Well what a good start, no wonder they ignored you. Let''s compare the footballing genius on the "model club" Burnley FC Board shall we?

Now tell me, what makes that lot any more qualified to run a football club? The only thing they have in common with our lot is money, a lot more money than you and I.

[/quote]

I''m interested in this football club, no one else just us, Neil.

This has always been the case at football clubs up and down the land though Wazzy. The butchers, bakers and candlestickmakers sit on the board making their decisions whilst more butchers, bakers and candlestickmakers sit in the stand criticising. Then once a year these other butchers, bakers and candlestickmakers get a proper say at the AGM but the butchers, bakers and candlestick on the board carry on making their decisions because they have backed it up with their money.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you complain about having your question ignored but skirt around mine. Makes you no different than the Board then?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you complain about having your question ignored but skirt around mine. Makes you no different than the Board then?

[/quote]

But I''m not on the board am I ?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Notwithstanding the fact that it is you alone who have chosen to call Burnley FC a ''model club'' I''d say the answer to your question is patently obvious.A combined total of many, many years of business experience at many levels, many tales of business success, not least including at least two board members with first hand knowledge and experience of property development (oh so sorely lacking with our particular collective of property speculators), oh and the money helps too.Delia Smith was the celebrity chef who didn''t even have her own restaurant until she became involved with the club, how many other celeb chefs don''t run their own catering enterprise?

Re Terry Postle, indeed he was a nice guy and I think once he didn''t load all the kit onto the coach for an away trip. It was before Roeder''s time. But enough probably for Roeder to swing the axe.

My personal favourite was the "letting go" of Neil Adams, then the re appointment. Hilarious. We are turning into a soap opera more and more every day.

Admirable and good luck to Burnley, but does any one of those directors happen to have a whacking majority of over 60% of the shares?

[quote user="The Butler"]

I missed your tenure as J.Paxman. I said I missed.....

Come on Wazzy you really expected an answer?

[/quote]

Do You? [;)]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Notwithstanding the fact that it is you alone who have chosen to call Burnley FC a ''model club'' I''d say the answer to your question is patently obvious.

A combined total of many, many years of business experience at many levels, many tales of business success, not least including at least two board members with first hand knowledge and experience of property development (oh so sorely lacking with our particular collective of property speculators), oh and the money helps too.

Delia Smith was the celebrity chef who didn''t even have her own restaurant until she became involved with the club, how many other celeb chefs don''t run their own catering enterprise?
[/quote]

I think you will find that there are many on here who ask why can''t we follow the "Burnley model"? I did not coin the phrase.

OK, that''s business and finance sorted. What are the Burnley Boards credentials when it comes to football? That was after all the main gist of the question.

You mean celebrity chefs like Antony Worrall Thompson and Gordon Ramsay? Good business models there...

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Munby didn''t want to answer and gave the mic to Docaster who said something like, the board have more skills that we (the fans) recognise. They have an accountant who stops them from going too far. What?

They consulted Dave Stringer before they appointed managers. Dave Stringer is a club legend both as a player and manager, but even he has been ''out of the loop'' for donkeys years, this is totally laughable.

Was that an acceptable answer? No I think not.

We know the board have appointed a sucession of useless managers (hence my question), but Glenn Roeder took the biscuit.

The man who almost single handedly ripped the guts out of the club.

I know managers have their ''own men'' when they get appointed, but does this include the kit man?

Terry Postle gave our club 25 years service - I didn''t know the guy but it was said he was a nice guy and did a good job. What could his crime have been? Did he not bow low enough for Roeder?

What I would like to know is, did the board ask Glenn why Terry had to go? and, was the reason in the best interest of the football club? If the answers are No and No as I suspect then the board have seriously failed. Showing that they are prepared to dump on anyone in the support of their ''right decision'' to appoint him in the first place.

So when this spineless, useless and gutless board get theirs (and let''s hope the rumours are true and it''s anyday now), we can say this  one is for you Terry and every other City fan too.

[/quote]

Preston North End were owned by Baxi Boilers who took the club from the bottom off the Football League to the Championship without any prior experience in  football.

Shower cat has a question to ask Delia too;[img]http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/animals/why%5B1%5D.jpg[/img]