Sign in to follow this  
NCFCRulz

An Honest Assessment Of Every Player

1. David MARSHALL - A Great Shot Stopper but for me, nothing more than that. Wouldnt mind seeing him leave for a transfer fee especially with Rudd in the wings. Its alright saying hes too young... but we said that with Lewis and ended up letting him go. League 1 now. Play Rudd now.
What I Want - Leave
What I Reckon - Leave

2. Jon OTSEMOBOR - No more needs to be said. Debateably our worst player over the season. More than capable when he is up for it, just no where near up for it enough!
Want - Leave
Reckon - Leave

3. Adam DRURY - Hoping he stays. I think he is an able Championship Left Back, but with his injury problems and lack of games, I think we might get away with it and be able to keep him. KEEP!
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

4. Jason SHACKELL (Loanee) - Would love to see Shacks back. Given Wolves promotion he is certainly going to go somewhere, but a) I dont think we could afford what Wolves would want, and b) I think he will end up at a Championship club, this is a no go.
Want - Keep
Reckon - Leave

6. Dejan STEFANOVIC - A BIG hope for next season. Injured all this, and almostly certainly not going to be leaving, all depending on his wage demand. If we keep, he could be one of the big players for us next season. KEEP!
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

7. Lee CROFT - I think its very very split on Crofty. On the one hand, he always puts in 110%, and has on times been brilliant down the right hand side, but on the other hand, he can be very very poor (probably not helped by the lack of a decent RB) In conclusion, part of me would like to see Crofty stay, but I think there is a less than 10% chance of him signing that contract and the other part of me says, if he wanted to stay badly enough, it would be signed by now, so I wouldnt mind seeing him leave. Want - Keep
Reckon - Leave

8. Sammy CLINGAN - Already gone in my eyes. First to take the shirt off after the Charlton game and a very consistant MC. More than capable at Championship level, and as much as i''d love to see us keep him, I think he wants out, and the board will allow him that.
Want - Keep
Reckon - Leave

9. Chris KILLEN (Loanee) - Little needs to be said. Very poor performances
Want - Leave
Reckon - Leave

10. Jamie CURETON - Very very interesting this. I am one of Curetons BIGGEST Critics as those around me at Carrow Road more than know! Undoubtably been very poor this past season. You never felt like he was going to score, and rightly ended up out of the squad of 16, however, In League 1, I feel he could do more than a job. I think he has 1 good season left in him, and I think he could display that in League 1. But then on the other hand, Martin and McDonald... Would Cureton get a look in? Or maybe the question is, SHOULD Cureton get a look in?
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

11. David CARNEY (Loanee) - Started promisingly, but quickly faded out for me. Would definately do a job in League 1, but never in a million years can I see him stepping down.
Want - Keep
Reckon - Leave

12. Gary DOHERTY - Player Of The Season for me. Solid at the back in a team thats been relegated. Never helped by Otsemobor, and usually has played as the Right CB, which makes him very dependant on Ots. Good in the air, and can nab a goal or 2. Big and Strong, and needed for League 1. Will he stay though? I think so
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

13. Declan RUDD - See David MARSHALL
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

14. Wesley HOOLAHAN - Remember him tearing Gorleston to shreds in PreSeason, and I remember out in Sweden thinking that this guy is something special... Then qucikly went downhill! Until about mid December, where he seemed to become the Hoolahan we heard so much about from Blackpool. A very talented player, who I think we at any cost must keep hold of.
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

17. Alan GOW (Loanee) - One touch too many, and too much skill. Great when it comes off, but not often enough, and certainly wont work in League 1 where all it is, is Long Ball and Strength!
Want - Leave
Reckon - Leave

18. David MOONEY (Loanee) - Been consistantly OK up front. Had a poor game Vs Charlton, but would certainly do the business in League 1. However with Reading probably staying in Championship, I dont think we will get him back from them on a permenant basis
Want - Keep
Reckon - Leave

19. Simon LAPPIN - For me, one of the players at NCFC who I offer the most respect to. Sat not even on the bench for over a year, and not even a whimper. One of the 4 players from Sunday to come out with any credit for me, and would do a job in League 1.
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

20. Darel RUSSELL - Can be so so good, but then can be so so bad. Tough tackling, which is exactly what we need in League 1, but will he want to stay?
Want - Keep
Reckon - Leave

21. Ryan BERTRAND (Loanee) - A 3rd Year Long Loan? No Thanks. Drury will be here next season, and he is more than capable at League 1 as opposed to Bert. Can see him at another Championship side next season

22. Adrian LEIJER (Loanee) - Not really enough time on pitch to evaluate.
Want - Leave
Reckon - Leave

23. Alan LEE (Loanee) - How ironic is it, that in the last 5 or 6 games of the season, the player who has put in the most effort, and most desire to wear the shirt is an ex scummer... Has expressed his desire to stay here, and I think a leave from Palace is on the cards. Exactly what we need in League 1
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

24. Matthew PATTISON - I like Pattison. Probably not good enough for the Championship, but would do a job next season. I dont think he will want to stay though.
Want - Keep
Reckon - Leave

25. Stuart NELSON - Back Up for next season behind Marshall or Rudd? More than likely unless offered a contract elsewhere.
Want - Not Fussed
Reckon - Keep

27. Cody McDONALD - The most promising player we have, and no where near had enough time to impress any other club enough to want to take him. Will rip League 1 defences to shread IMO, and is another one, we simply have to keep. I think he will also relish the chance at League 1 and want to stay.
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

28. Michael SPILLANE - Done well at Luton just like Martin, and deserves a chance at League 1 Level with us. No bigger clubs will come in for him, and I think they will both want to stay and try to prove themselves. For Martin, its probably his last chance.
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

29. Carl CORT - Injury Prone, and too higher wages. Dont think for one second he will stay and with McDonald, Martin, and Cureton, I dont think he will.
Want - Leave
Reckon - Leave

30. Korey SMITH - Worked his behind off on Sunday, and another of the 4 to come out with credit. Certainly deserves a chance next season
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

33. Kris RENTON - Not sure how he has done at Lynn, but I think he will be off to a League 2 / Conference side. Dont think he will want to stay being 4th, maybe 5th choice striker.
Want - Keep
Reckon - Leave

34. Tom ADEYEMI - EVERY Reserve game I have seen so far this season, he has been the stand out player. Cant wait to see him break into the first team. A real prospect
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

35. Chris MARTIN - See Michael SPILLANE
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

36. Damon LATHROPE - Not enough time on pitch to assess
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

37. Luke DALEY - Another one who has looked great at Reserve level, and has incredible pace. Must keep!
Want - Keep
Reckon - Keep

So there is my run down on every player. If what I reckon happens for most of the players we should have a fairly OK team for next season in addition to all the players that will need to come in

Time will tell!

nice run down of the players and can''t say i disagree with much, if anything

Pattison a mistake? Surely the fat toys out of pram waster who couldn''t be a***** to knuckle down and graft for our championship status won''t be up for a Division 3 scrap for survival.

[quote user="city till i die"]you have put carney as keep, is that a mistake???[/quote]

I found that a bit strange also. Carney is too lightweight and I hope he does not stay.  

I have to say I agree with most of the stuff you said there. Maybe not on Cureton.

Just on a bit of a different subject I dont know about other people but whether they play for the club or not I will never ever be able to forgive some of those players for that spineless performance yesterday and how without Gunny telling them to most of them wouldnt have even came to clap the fans! I will tell you now if Jon Otsemobor ever plays for this club again I will boo him every time he touches the ball!

ok i''ll start a rumour about mcdonald to forest and it might just snowball and make billy davies take note !  i had some banter with a carlisle fan last year about forest signing garner and 3 months later we did!  i reckon garner got your goal of the season by the way , that was an amazing o.g !

pattison is exactly what we have been missing!!! a midfeider in good form and thrown in the reserves for sticking up for his former manager!!!

100% better than russell fozzy carney

and he can play in any position in the midfeild

[quote user="Beaker"]you want an honest assessment of every player - see this http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1658583/ShowPost.aspx [/quote]

Except 9/10ths of yours is utter garbage :D

[quote user="RobFoyster"]

29. Carl CORT - Injury Prone, and too higher wages. Dont think for one second he will stay and with McDonald, Martin, and Cureton, I dont think he will.
Want - Leave
Reckon - Leave

[/quote]

Thank god for that. A bit of sense, I''ve been told by many people we should keep Carl Cort. [:|] What an awful decision that would be ...

What''s Rudd ever done? He ain''t the messiah. Yes he should be given a chance, but throwing him straight in as number one in league one would be suicide

F*ck assessing the nondescript pussies -- Any players that remain or come in need a hard-nosed manager and a stricter regime.And Uncle Fester and the restaurateurs ''aint it.

My view. For what it''s worth.Marshall. Will probably want to leave, and the money from this can be put to good use. Money has to come from somewhere.Semmi. Can''t see anyone wanting to buy him and will stay. Will probably do alright in League 1.Drury. Will want to stay and will do a steady job. Will save us money in not having to replace him.Shackell. Would be excellent at League 1 level. If he wants to come and the price is right, sign him.Stefanovic. Can''t see anyone else wanting him, other than a team like Peterborough.Croft. If the offers come in, he''ll be off. Can''t blame him.Clingan. Think a lot of clubs will now put in ''on the cheap'' offers. The club needs to hold out for the right price.Cureton. Can''t see anyone else wanting him. Will want to stay, but needs to be backup.Carney. GoneDoherty. Keep/stay.Rudd. Keep, give him his opportunity. Gunn will know better than most if he''s good enough.Hoolahan. Can see a few clubs offering. Would raise a few hundred grand.Gow. Gone. Other clubs will want him.Mooney. Gone. Reading will probably keep him when Lita leaves.Lappin. Stay. One of the few players stating they want to stay.Russell. Hmmm. Would probably be good at League 1 level but can see him moving on. Thinks he''s better than he is.Bertrand. Gone, another Champioship club will have him.Leijer. Gone.Lee. Sign him if the price is right. Would do adecent job at League 1 level.Pattison. Keep him if he wants to stay.Nelson. Stay, if it saves us money in looking for a replacement.McDonald. Stay, definitely.Spillane. Stay.Cort. Pay as you play? If yes, stay.Smith. Stay.Renton. McDonald has done more in 4 months. Go.Adeyemi. Stay.Martin. Stay. Needs to prove himself. Could be good, if he wants to be.Lathrope. Stay.Daley. Stay.

thought i would try one:1. David MARSHALL - He is a good technical lad, but he hasnt the

confidence or experience needed for this season and his indecisiveness

has cost us at times.  keep

Jon OTSEMOBOR -  pure crap, he could be brilliant, but he just doesnt care. leave

Adam DRURY- not a good full back, he gives wingers 10yds to

put a ball over him, and his fitness isnt there, his wages are high as

well. he should go.
leave

Jason SHACKELL- has improved since leaving, but he is only an average lad in a crap team at the minute leave

Dejan STEFANOVIC- a cultured CB who has experience and the skill to do well for us still. captain next season? keep

Lee CROFT- he cant cross, huff and puff, but he lacks the final product needed to succeed. he tackles better than semmy though! leave

Sammy CLINGAN- a good midfielder when given a creative role as

he can pass a ball well, but he does pass sideways a lot so he isnt

exempt from criticism. he will leave. leave

Chris KILLEN- has never cut it in england, leave

Jamie CURETON - he tries hard but lacks a lot of quality. but his raw determination and relative speed for a veteran.  could he be an asset

in league 1 though? maybe
  undecided

David CARNEY- a very good left midfielder, didnt get many chances there though, worth a place.  keep

Gary DOHERTY-  a solid player, decisive in action if not clumsy, has the steel needed in league one.  keep

Declan RUDD- good player, bit young.  keep

Wesley HOOLAHAN-  he has just a left foot, and

rarely uses that properly, too slow to threaten teams and easily marked

out of a game. wont last against league 1 brutes. leave

Alan GOW -  thinks he is ronaldo, he isnt, not worth it. leave

David MOONEY-  a likeable irishman, but very hit and miss as

he is a raw product still. is he tough enough? and can he develop. a

possibility for league 1
keep

Simon LAPPIN -  he is a good solid inside left mid, a good work

ethic, and can cross and pass very well. not quick though, he wont

shook from a challenge though....good for league 1 keep

Darel RUSSELL - liability, hasnt impressed since coming back, and he isnt good enough, he is a disruptor and he cares very little. a press whore  leave

Ryan BERTRAND - a solid little player, he has good energy, but he

hasnt the experience, and is he tough enough? did play in league 1 for

oldham though. keep

Adrian LEIJER - strong lad, but a poor passer, very rough technique. leave

Alan LEE - He is a brute of a player, perfect for league 1,

but he just wants to live in east anglia, will he be fully committed?

and is he going to gel with cody? keep

Matthew PATTISON -  a good energetic lad who is technically ok. apart from shooting, but he has a poor attitude, and that isnt acceptable. keep

Stuart NELSON - He is a poor keeper, hence leaving orient, fear he may be No.1 next season. leave

Cody McDONALD - He is a quick lad, he knows what he is doing,

natural flare and pace, he needs polishing though. he can certainly

hold his own though, he floored bikey the other day.  keep

Michael SPILLANE - a good player, the huddlestone style type player,

can be as good as him, he just needs to keep going and hopefully can

cement a place in midfied for the club. keep

Carl CORT - pay as you play? why not.  keep

Korey SMITH - very impressed with this lad, he can tackle, he

is quick, great off the ball movement and he is eager, could be key

next season, he needs to bulk up though, keep

Kris RENTON - i think his injury has stunted him, if he has a

year left, keep him in the academy, and then decide, he isnt a first

team player at the minute. keep

Tom ADEYEMI- havent seen him i admit.

Chris MARTIN - a good strong man, but he has an attitude problem which he needs to sort out,  1 season chance, keep.

Damon LATHROPE- not seen him

Luke DALEY- a good quick lad, a bit lightweight, and his positioning is poor, needs to learn quickly. keep on this basis,we would have players: 18 including cureton

[quote user="Beaker"]i think a blood vessell just burst in my eye[/quote]Loosen your grip.

Shackell won''t stay. Me and the so called ''Hogesar'' and some guy we were chatting to spoke to him as he was wandering past with Russel outside the Barclay, we asked what the chances of him staying were and all he said about it was "very slim".

He didn''t even say anything along the lines of him considering staying, and he definately wasn''t going for "yeah, i probably will be here next season"

So, thats a shame. Plus it means we''ve got a space in our defence that won''t be easy to fill... 

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]

Shackell won''t stay. Me and the so called ''Hogesar'' and some guy we were chatting to spoke to him as he was wandering past with Russel outside the Barclay, we asked what the chances of him staying were and all he said about it was "very slim".

He didn''t even say anything along the lines of him considering staying, and he definately wasn''t going for "yeah, i probably will be here next season"

So, thats a shame. Plus it means we''ve got a space in our defence that won''t be easy to fill... 

[/quote]

Stefanovic?

Hoolahan wont get bullied by league 1 brutes, he has played, and dd very well, at that level with Blackpool.

[quote user="king canary"]Hoolahan wont get bullied by league 1 brutes, he has played, and dd very well, at that level with Blackpool.
[/quote]

Very fair point :)

[quote user="king canary"]Hoolahan wont get bullied by league 1 brutes, he has played, and dd very well, at that level with Blackpool.[/quote]i take back my comment of him being bullied, but having seen him at only championship level and thinking him to be poor, im not sure if he will do well at league 1.

Go ... stay ... go ... stay ......where on earth are we going to find people who will take the players that you want to go? Face it or not we are going to be left with some dross because we will not be able to get rid of it.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

Go ... stay ... go ... stay ......where on earth are we going to find people who will take the players that you want to go? Face it or not we are going to be left with some dross because we will not be able to get rid of it.

[/quote]

Fact is you are wrong. We will be able to get rid of all the crap

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[/quote]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="RobFoyster"]

29. Carl CORT - Injury Prone, and too higher wages. Dont think for one second he will stay and with McDonald, Martin, and Cureton, I dont think he will.Want - LeaveReckon - Leave

[/quote]

Thank god for that. A bit of sense, I''ve been told by many people we should keep Carl Cort. [:|] What an awful decision that would be ...

[/quote]Appart from the fact it has been stated publicly that he is not on high wages and that he was/is on a pay as you play contract. If Cort is not expencive I would keep him as back up for Lee otherwise we are one injury short of being back to square one with Cureton as a target man . . . . Not only that but what if we fail to sign Lee? I think Cort is good for another season unless we sign another target man to compete/back up Lee.