Sign in to follow this  
timmytoyou

fao the "militant ahem... majority"

AKA the snidey, keyboard warrior few (correct Mr Gunn)

AKA the handful from here that mount to nothing but a sprinkling of "fans" overall

Tell me, why is it you seem to think you are the voice of the majority?

20 or so people protesting after the Reading game and at the open day doesn''t really add up to a majority.

Also, why would you think the club will take you seriously when all you do is bicker amongst yourselves? Usually over incredibly important stuff such as spelling or grammar and such like!

Just interested to know why you act this way. Maybe there is a common denominator we can find with regard to personality defects or something. Discuss!

Timmy, most of the people who post in here have been middle-of-the-road posters for several years.  This negativity might just have more to do with the clubs'' lowest league position for 50 years, rather than any personality defects.  But please, continue to dig holes for yourself, I''m finding it quite amusing.

i understand negativity, but childishness? You find that amusing? Seems to me Mr blah that you may be a great case study for the original post.

Militant? Pffft. Meanwhile, the OP happens to be your first post? How very convenient. So are you a journalist, or do you work for the club? Pray tell.

[quote user="timmytoyou"]

AKA the handful from here that mount to nothing but a sprinkling of "fans" overall

20 or so people protesting after the Reading game and at the open day doesn''t really add up to a majority.

Also, why would you think the club will take you seriously when all you do is bicker amongst yourselves? Usually over incredibly important stuff such as spelling or grammar and such like!

Just interested to know why you act this way. Maybe there is a common denominator we can find with regard to personality defects or something. Discuss!

[/quote]

I accept and have come to the depressing realisation that of the people that go to watch Norwich City play then perhaps there is (and always will be) a substantial portion of them who are unwilling to rock the boat or demand change and will happily rally behind Delia whatever state the club is in.

What i do not accept however is that the views put forward on this messageboard are not representative of the views held by the majority of die hard supporters of the club who i would say are distinct from the above category of people. I travel week in, week out all over the country to watch my team and have probably missed 10 games in the last 5 seasons. I travel to games with a large group of similarly minded fans and also mix with them in the pubs and on a daily basis and not one single person I speak to thinks Gunn should get the job or that there is anything other than need for substantial change at the top of the club. Ok not everyone is as militant or forthright as Smudger but that is what they think - trust me!

[quote user="timmytoyou"]i understand negativity, but childishness? You find that amusing? Seems to me Mr blah that you may be a great case study for the original post.[/quote]Fan timmy??? i guess you enjoy going to a lovely ground with a shyt football team? Nice to know peterborough and the biners now play in a higher league................ Why dont we all sit back and let usgo to division 2, why not we have a nice ground!!!!!!!!

[quote user="thebigfeller"]Militant? Pffft. Meanwhile, the OP happens to be your first post? How very convenient. So are you a journalist, or do you work for the club? Pray tell.[/quote]

Or he''s just a troll.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="timmytoyou"]i understand negativity, but childishness? You find that amusing? Seems to me Mr blah that you may be a great case study for the original post.[/quote]

Fan timmy??? i guess you enjoy going to a lovely ground with a shyt football team? Nice to know peterborough and the biners now play in a higher league................ Why dont we all sit back and let usgo to division 2, why not we have a nice ground!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I love to go to division 2 as we are now in division 3.[;)]

Journo Timmy, I smell a rat.[:P]

[/quote]

51 actually turned up at the protest and some stayed longer than others, the photo in the EDP only had half of the actual number in it, and i tell you what mate,i''d rather stand with 51 fans who have the balls to fight for our club than stand with 51000 who just clap as the club falls apart under Delia and co,as for your comment regarding personality defects, well thats just pathetic! Over the past week i have spoken to hundreds of City fans young and old and in all honesty 90 % say Delia has to go and about 75% want Gunn sacked already!!! Don''t let the fact only 51 or so fans turned out Monday fool you into believing Delia is loved still because i''m teling you now she is fast becoming hated.

I accept and have come to the depressing realisation that of the

people that go to watch Norwich City play then perhaps there is (and

always will be) a substantial portion of them who are unwilling to rock

the boat or demand change and will happily rally behind Delia whatever

state the club is in.

What i do not accept however is that the views put forward on this

messageboard are not representative of the views held by the majority

of die hard supporters of the club who i would say are distinct from

the above category of people. I travel week in, week out all over the

country to watch my team and have probably missed 10 games in the last

5 seasons. I travel to games with a large group of similarly minded

fans and also mix with them in the pubs and on a daily basis and not

one single person I speak to thinks Gunn should get the job or that

there is anything other than need for substantial change at the top of

the club. Ok not everyone is as militant or forthright as Smudger but

that is what they think - trust me!

Good post...... If you break it down Gunn shouldnt have been given the job in the first place, the board are the real problem but there have carried on  for far to long, as they belivethe support is out there for them...... so unless people sometimes let them know, we will continue in the same vain!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="timmytoyou"]i understand negativity, but childishness? You find that amusing? Seems to me Mr blah that you may be a great case study for the original post.[/quote]Fan timmy??? i guess you enjoy going to a lovely ground with a shyt football team? Nice to know peterborough and the biners now play in a higher league................ Why dont we all sit back and let usgo to division 2, why not we have a nice ground!!!!!!!![/quote]

I love to go to division 2 as we are now in division 3.[;)]

Journo Timmy, I smell a rat.[:P]

[/quote]

Noop!! we are in divsion 1, as we have just dropped out of championship!!! and you would love divsion 2 hey???

Maybe there is a common denominator we can find with regard to personality defects or something. Discuss!

[/quote]This isn''t a dating site you know, but if there''s anyone out there interested in finding love maybe it would help if you could give them some kind of intimation as to what your particular personality defect is ( I''m guessing it''s a superiority complex) in order that you might be accurately matched on the database.Now remind me again what is it you''re trying to sell.......  is it therapy?

Timmy, you''re not one of the five full time press officers are you? As for grammar, I have deliberately kept the job titles in lower case as befits their ability.

Mr Canarycharge, in old money it''s division 3, in new modern money it''s league 1.  The 1 is supposed to make it sound better than it is.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Mr Canarycharge, in old money it''s division 3, in new modern money it''s league 1.  The 1 is supposed to make it sound better than it is.[/quote]ok...my hands are held up...... !!!!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]No it''s not Buckethead, I have been on here for years and had no luck whatsoever![/quote]Oh gazza, you only needed to ask ! [;)]

" 90 % say Delia has to go and about 75% want Gunn sacked already!!! "

I''m not saying i''m not one of those 90 and 75% that you''ve plucked out. My opinion is on the keyboard warriors not the club. I''m as disgusted at the club as the next man. What i am saying if you read properly is that the childish way in which you all bicker amongst yourselves is laughable and that you lot can never expect the club to take you seriously when you''re so incapable of making a point without resorting to such childishness.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="timmytoyou"]

[/quote]

51 actually turned up at the protest and some stayed longer than others, the photo in the EDP only had half of the actual number in it, and i tell you what mate,i''d rather stand with 51 fans who have the balls to fight for our club than stand with 51000 who just clap as the club falls apart under Delia and co,as for your comment regarding personality defects, well thats just pathetic! Over the past week i have spoken to hundreds of City fans young and old and in all honesty 90 % say Delia has to go and about 75% want Gunn sacked already!!! Don''t let the fact only 51 or so fans turned out Monday fool you into believing Delia is loved still because i''m teling you now she is fast becoming hated.

[/quote]

Well said that man!

Also strange that the original poster seems to know so much about us yet this is his 1st post???? Strange. Employed by the club or just whipping things up?

I''m not saying i''m not one of those 90 and 75% that you''ve plucked out. My opinion is on the keyboard warriors not the club. I''m as disgusted at the club as the next man. What i am saying if you read properly is that the childish way in which you all bicker amongst yourselves is laughable and that you lot can never expect the club to take you seriously when you''re so incapable of making a point without resorting to such childishness.

[/quote]Then why title your first piece with the childish / "amusing" "for the militant ahem...majority" then ?  Pot , Kettle, anyone ?

IMO Gunns retort was diluted somewhat by the knowledge that a ''Facebook'' campaign was set up by his daughter to get him his current position. Regardless of the eventual impact of that campaign it is surely more than a touch hypocritical for him to disparage us as ''keyboard warriors'' when he has been the beneficiary to an unknown extent of an internet campaign and the associated publicity in the local media.

Try reading just about any internet forum in the world where passionate debate is taking place between people of all ages, intelectual ability, command of language and grammar and social outlook, you will see this is actually quite a rational debate most of the time.  Half of the bickering is ironic if you spent some time actually reading the posts and the childishness is part of the humour to raise the mood, especially at a dark time like this for the club.Now having explained in an adult fashion why message boards the world over are this way, I am going to revert to type by telling you to stop bein such a t wat.[quote user="timmytoyou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are just so wrong,we do not all bicker in a childish way at all and i haven''t just plucked out the numbers, as i say i spoke to hundreds of Fans over the last few days and thats about what it worked out at! And as for keyboard Warrior mate,i was at the protest,i was at the fans forum and i was, and still am prepared to stand up for what i believe in and not just follow the sheep,pathetic fans who are just happy to plod plod plod year after year do nothing and then say " i''m not saying i''m not one of  those 90 and  75%" and "i''m as disgusted at the club as the next man" well why don''t YOU get from behind the keyboard show your face and stand up and be counted like the fans did on Monday?!!!!! People like you make me soooo bloody mad,have a pop then sort of say you kind of agree and then do sod all, grow a pair and get of the fence.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]No it''s not Buckethead, I have been on here for years and had no luck whatsoever![/quote]

You have always sounded very attractive to me but there is something about your picture that just stops me taking it any further.

as a point of interest for you phatty sir, i too was there after Reading, once again, for the benefit of those that prefer to assume what i''m saying as opposed to understand what i''m saying here it is again: I AM TAKING THE PI$$ OUT OF THE STUPID LAUGHABLE BICKERING NOT THE SITUATION OF THE CLUB. Basically i''m just enjoying winding people like you up cos its so easy and you''re so oblivious to it, haha! I''ll stop now so your poor keyboard can have a break.

[quote user="timmytoyou"]I AM TAKING THE PI$$ OUT OF THE STUPID LAUGHABLE BICKERING NOT THE SITUATION OF THE CLUB. Basically i''m just enjoying winding people like you up cos its so easy and you''re so oblivious to it, haha! I''ll stop now so your poor keyboard can have a break.[/quote]Yep, that''s a superiority complex all right.  All the other people are juveniles, but not you, no.  You''re making a difference !  Your laughable bickering is far superior to our laughable bickering - how could I have missed this before ?* slaps forehead *...