Sign in to follow this  
Iceman

Hotels

Has anyone got the figures for the cost for keeping all our loanees in luxury at hotels add this to the agency fees and I imagine we could have purchased some players ??

The hotel was meant to be a money making venture (good intentions and all that) but from the financial troubles we''re in I cant see that its helped that much.

A) The money is not going on the most important parts of the football club i.e. the FOOTBALL

B) Its not making as much as the board had hoped.

I think its a combination of the 2.

[quote user="CT "]

The hotel was meant to be a money making venture (good intentions and all that) but from the financial troubles we''re in I cant see that its helped that much.

A) The money is not going on the most important parts of the football club i.e. the FOOTBALL

[/quote]doesnt mean that hotel you muppethe means the cost of putting players up at various hotels e.g dunston hall.

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

I don''t think he meant the Stadium hotel CT, I think it was regarding putting loanees up at Dunston

How do you know that the club doesnt use the hotel in the corner for players?

The title HOTELS- means that the HOTEL in the corner does come under the criteria for HOTELS.

CLEAR?

[quote user="CT "]

How do you know that the club doesnt use the hotel in the corner for players?

The title HOTELS- means that the HOTEL in the corner does come under the criteria for HOTELS.

CLEAR?

[/quote]how do you know they DO use the infilled hotel to hold players?

Its common knowledge that the club put loan players up in Dunston Hall - which clearly that is what the OP is referring to (despite his lack of coherent sentences).

ANYWAY, surely we sold the land for the hotel to ''whoever'' (DK what hotel it is), so it doesn''t cost us a penny (ie gave us money instead) - so it is unfair and typical of you CT to accuse the club of taking money out of footballing matters to spend on it. - Just my opinion.

I know they don''t put them up at Holiday in as it''s a shithole, Dunston hall has all the facilities, plus i''ve seen quite a few of them there.

As an employee of Dunston hall; I can confirm that the majority of on loan players do infact stay at Dunston hall. They tend to stay in normal rooms located to the newer block of the hotel. This is with the exception of Sibierski whom stayed in an executive suite located on the second floor of the hotel. The players have unlimited food/drink funds normally having carvery from the brassiere restaurant.

On top of this; they can also call for room service and charge any items/ food drink etc to Norwich City football Club.

[quote user="CNS-Canary"]

As an employee of Dunston hall; I can confirm that the majority of on loan players do infact stay at Dunston hall. They tend to stay in normal rooms located to the newer block of the hotel. This is with the exception of Sibierski whom stayed in an executive suite located on the second floor of the hotel. The players have unlimited food/drink funds normally having carvery from the brassiere restaurant.

On top of this; they can also call for room service and charge any items/ food drink etc to Norwich City football Club.

[/quote]Appreciate that CNS, I wonder how that is described in NCFC''s accounts.

[quote user="CNS-Canary"]

[/quote]

That would explain a lot, I wouldn''t have given some of them a night in a Travelodge.

[quote user="Iceman"]Has anyone got the figures for the cost for keeping all our loanees in luxury at hotels add this to the agency fees and I imagine we could have purchased some players ??[/quote]

If I remember correctly the cost of travelling, accommodation, catering and medical was £805k for 2007 - 2008 according to the Doncaster analysis.  Crazy........

No problem; Gow is still at the hotel. Which is an actually disgrace :/

805K sounds about the total that we spent of Sibierski. so thats; £1.6 mill, down the drain.

Ironically for that amount of money you could have bought some houses for the players to stay in would have lost money but better then hotels.Football is one large dose of keeping up with the JonesesI do not know how players motivate themselves it is impressive I would rather be out on loan all the time than stuck at home.If I had all that at early 20''s I would be drinking and humping 24/7

i was at dunston hall when a certain loan player came back in his first team suit at 6.10am from a saturday night out........ you wonder why we play so badly!!!! (he may be on loan from chelski). he didnt seem to care and also kept parking in the bloody disabled space. to55er.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]
Ironically for that amount of money you could have bought some houses for the players to stay in would have lost money but better then hotels.

Football is one large dose of keeping up with the Joneses

I do not know how players motivate themselves it is impressive I would rather be out on loan all the time than stuck at home.

If I had all that at early 20''s I would be drinking and humping 24/7
[/quote]

Brilliant quote :)