Sign in to follow this  
missing in action?

gannon a free man?

Could that be a precursor to him coming to CR or just an indication that he is not good enough even for Stockport?

Jim Gannon is exactly what our club needs right now! His record certainly puts that of Mark Robins'' in the shade.

Unfortunately under our current stewardship I have no faith in the board making such an appropriate move for a successful up-and-coming young manager.

I think his win % is about the same as Robins but he has managed for a lot longer.

I cannot see our board appointing someone who has been so outspoken in the past.

Would be a right catch! I''m happy with him or Robins tbh, either would do a good job.

Our board have such a shockingly bad football knowledge, that they probably don''t know who Jim Gannon is

Would be very happy with Jim Gannon - young, extremely hungry manager, but with a fair amount of experience AND qualifications, who tries to get his teams playing football the "Norwich" way. If we''re to get out of this league, then either a manager with experience of lower league football, or an investor with a lot of money are absolutely vital IMO.Plus looks like he could well be out of contract soon. Could there be a better choice?

[quote user="I.S."]Would be very happy with Jim Gannon - young, extremely hungry manager, but with a fair amount of experience AND qualifications, who tries to get his teams playing football the "Norwich" way. If we''re to get out of this league, then either a manager with experience of lower league football, or an investor with a lot of money are absolutely vital IMO.

Plus looks like he could well be out of contract soon. Could there be a better choice?
[/quote]

I don''t think the contract is an issue, because I think I''m right in saying that compensation isn''t payable if the club is in administration, which County are.

With Gunn''s contract expiring, this should free up some money to cover Gannon''s wages? He''d be an ambitious signing no doubt. It''s a bit annoyimng that we''d have to wait for another team to go into administration just so we can pinch their manager, but a chance like this would be too good to turn down. We''d not have to pay compensation unlike if we tried to bring in Robins or Tilson, plus he''s got a good record at his current employers.

Maybe it would help if we started a Facebook group about bringing him in and then email the link to Delia? [A]

45% win ratio at stockport.bare in mind that this is at a club which has plummeted before he was the gafferbeen in administration twice (currently in 2nd spell)he has the attributes needed.they play good football. he has a keen eye for a player and he is not a yes man (good for us but not for the board?)oh, and unlike robins, proven at league 1 standard

[quote user="Superflash"]

Maybe it would help if we started a Facebook group about bringing him in and then email the link to Delia? [A]

[/quote]Quick, somebody e-mail Neil D - perhaps he can pick up the e-mail on his Blackberry and bring it up in the meeting? That if, if he is still our Chief Executive [:|]

[quote user="Big Bob"]Our board have such a shockingly bad football knowledge, that they probably don''t know who Jim Gannon is[/quote]Lucky I mentioned his name to a director of NCFC yesterday then!

What was the reply purple canary? We will look down all possible avenues or something to that extent to see what is right for this football club?

The downside to him is that he is known for being very outspoken and has criticised refs and other managers and his own players in the past - think there was some controversy over Gareth Owen being forced out of Stockport a while back???

The problem with Jimbo is not his ability - he''s also one of the few lower league lot to have a full pro licence - but his enormous wage and bonus demands.  Brighton were set to hire him earlier this year but just could not afford what he was asking - particularly on the bonus front.

Weren''t Brighton also linked with Boothy before opting for Slade?  Decision seems to have worked out well for them!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]The problem with Jimbo is not his ability - he''s also one of the few lower league lot to have a full pro licence - but his enormous wage and bonus demands.  Brighton were set to hire him earlier this year but just could not afford what he was asking - particularly on the bonus front.[/quote]

Bonuses are only paid on success and success brings extra funds on promotion, so I really do not see that this should be a problem for Norwich.  Surely we should all be happy if a manager earns his bonuses.  

[quote user="Big Bob"]They probably thought you were asking them if they''d like some gammon[/quote]

lol funny

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]The problem with Jimbo is not his ability - he''s also one of the few lower league lot to have a full pro licence - but his enormous wage and bonus demands.  Brighton were set to hire him earlier this year but just could not afford what he was asking - particularly on the bonus front.[/quote]

Bonuses are only paid on success and success brings extra funds on promotion, so I really do not see that this should be a problem for Norwich.  Surely we should all be happy if a manager earns his bonuses.  

[/quote]

Here is one for you.  How about a chunky bonus for the Manager every time the team scores two or more goals - win, lose or draw.

[quote]Here is one for you.  How about a chunky bonus for the Manager every time the team scores two or more goals - win, lose or draw.[/quote]Much better to offer a bonus for every clean sheet I''d argue.  Clean sheets win titles.  Unless you''re Wolves this season.