Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

What a lousy weekend

The first tiny bat-squeak of alarm stirred in my head today - it looks as though we''re beginning to lose ground on our rivals.

I thought I was one of the "just happy to be here" crowd, content to take relegation (if it happened) in my stride. But now reality is seeping into my head, and I realise that we are going to go down unless something changes. Maybe it only needs to be something like a lucky break against Man City on Monday (a last minute winner in off a passing dog would do me) to give the team a boost in their confidence, which must be starting to sag no matter what they say.

(puts on best ''vicar'' voice...) It''s at times like these that I remember the words of our club song, and I know they give us all strength to come through the times of trial which lie ahead. So all together now, meaning every word -

Kick off, throw it in, have a little scrimmage,
Keep it low, a splendid rush, bravo, win or die;
On the ball, City, never mind the danger,
Steady on, now''s your chance,
Hurrah! We''ve scored a goal.

By gum I feel better for that!

Southampton - Drew

Blackburn - Drew

WBA - Lost

So if Norwich Win then we go fourth from bottom and pick up two extra points than those that drew, pick three points up on WBA and go only two points behind Man City

On the other hand if we lose then we would have it all to do as the little gap between the bottom 6 clubs and those above them is getting ever wider.  All is not lost and depending on tomorrows result will determine if this has been a lousy weekend.

OTBC come on lets do it.

I too felt lousy about yesterdays results, and tomorrow night is really important not to lose - a win would really be the kick on that we need. You''ve only got to look at Palace to see what impetus can be achieved with a little luck - Fulham down to 10 men after a matter of minutes and then it''s 3 wins out of 4! Then again all they''ve managed to do is beat Fulham, West Brom and Birmingham - 3 sides in that bottom 7 or 8 clubs.

Tomorrow is important, but nowhere near as important as the next 2 at FCR - they simply have to result in 6 points or that sense of inevitability just starts to show itself over the horizon.