Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

November: Key to the season?

6 points from a possible 30 from the first quarter of the season (we could realistically have hoped for at least 11?).  Starting with Manchester City tomorrow we go into a series of games to the end of the year which could establish at least a hold on our premiership security. There are at least 4 winnable games in there and I could see us getting 10 points from our next 5 games - and have a points total of around 20  after the Middlesboro game. Would this be enough to reach the Christmas period without that dreaded tag of being the bottom club that the media will write off as certainties to go down?  Can we produce this (theoretical) performance the final two quarters of the season? (The fixture list is arguably as challenging as the last 10 matches - especially March/April).

I know its all conjecture but the present table gets you thinking seriously. Without a November performance I do feel we are doomed and I''m not one of the posters on here with a cup half full. 20 points with 18 to play gives us a platform however with probably 40 points being the threshold for relegation. The pressure to sign a first rate striker in January will be crucial but he will probably need to knock in 8 to 10 goals in 18 games and how may are there of that ilk? Questions....

We could sign a striker who scored in every game from January to May, and that still would not necessarily stop us from getting relegated, its defenders that we need!!!!!

Very important month! I think we all thought this when we saw the fixture list.
Personnally i think the next two home games are as big as they get(Blackburn and Southampton). Four points is a minimum from these games and really need six.