Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Could Jarvis be the answear?.

As I''m slowly coming round to the tragic fact that ''Nigel Boy'' will not be given the cash in January, to buy a striker of ''above average'' ability, could young Jarvis fit that role?.

Young?, yes, inexperienced?, certainly. But, you don''t get picked to play for England (whatever the level) if you''re rubbish!.

Yes, I know we ain''t got time to ''bed'' him in, but desperate times calls for desperate measures.

I believe he could just be solution to our striker problem, and he''s sitting in our own back yard!.

Well, its a thought.

i think Leon is the answer. I think he will come good. just needs to become more clinical with his finishing. He throws himself anywhere where he can get the ball and i have faith in him that he will come good

Nice to see you back to talking about football Wiz !

Agree about Jarvis, always happy to see youth get it''s chance, (cometh the hour cometh the man etc)

By the way swearing not allowed, not even ANSWEARing !   

[quote]Nice to see you back to talking about football Wiz ! Agree about Jarvis, always happy to see youth get it''s chance, (cometh the hour cometh the man etc) By the way swearing not allowed, not even ANS...[/quote]

Oops, sorry Jim.

Having seen Jarvis in the pre season friendly against Mallorca, then in the reserves against West Ham, and also for England, the answer to the question is NO. I think he''s overrated. If ''Nigel boy'' isnt given money to spend in January, Crewe Gilliingham Stoke and the gang are ready and waiting.

Just because you play for England U-19''s doesn''t mean you''re the next Micheal Owen. The majority of players at that level spend their senior days in lower leagues. The real test for Jarvis is to be sent out on loan and see if he''s got what it takes

Having seen him at a reserve team game, I have to say he''s no Rooney, Saviour, next big thing or whatever (IMHO!!!, but what do I know!)  He looked OK, but not great - I guess if he''d have been good enough he''d be playing.  I''ve however always been quite impressed with Henderson when he''s played, I think as long as he got his hair sorted he''d be useful...

Like the doubts about Leon the only way we will know whether Ryan is rady or not is by him getting time on the pitch.

Concerns still remain about Leon. His committment and energy is superb but his touch and finishing have to improve for him to be our saviour - go on Leon show us you CAN do it.

Sven is a nearly man - he has improved enormously since the first two games of the season, has superb touch, good vision and passes better than any of our forwards. Unfortunately he is not the target man that most of the fans seem to think he is. Simply not prolific enough to be our saviour.

Hux is top quality in every respect except his finishing, with a more clinical eye would be our saviour.

Docherty is a central defender.

Henderson is promising but not as talented as Ryan

Jonson is an as yet untried option who could do well given his track record but the fact that his international and now club manager plays him on the wing suggests that is is best position.

WLY looks like he could finish clinically enough but the big question is is he simply too lightweight? Good strikers can be small but they do have good upper body strength - hardly one of his key attributes!

Which leaves Ryan. He has filled out physically and is an out and out striker. If his attitude is right,is fit and I was the manager I would have him on the bench for a few 15 minutes to see how well he acquits himself. We have now wins yet, too few goals and a further quarter of a season before we can sign anyone else so see that we have very little to lose by testing one of the best young prospects the club has had in years.

OTBC