Sign in to follow this  
i need to be entertained

should we (the fans) take some of the blame?

Yesterday i found the prgramme for sat 21 october 2006. (Why is this notable? I hear you ask. That was Peter Grant''s first home game in charge) I looked at the league positions we were 16th (above the scum) the home game before was against Burnley on sky we were terrible lost 4-1 thats the day that Nigel Worthington got the sack. We the fans had pressurised the board into sacking Nigel, they did what we wanted.  Proir to the Burnley game we had played 9 league games 4 at home 3 wins 10 goals.Was Nigel that bad, i feel if we had got behind him we would be a safe mid to play off championship team. We were the ones who want Worthy out, we got what we wanted   

The board then asked Dave Stringer to find a group of applicants (good move in principle) Peter Grant was appointed, mistake, but did we know that at the time, nobody knew what would happen next. 

Nigel was then given the impossible job to keep Leicester up, he failed but so would Sir Alex. Nigel was then given the Irish job they are on the verge of the world cup finals with a group of no hope players he has done a great job so far.

Can i also point out Reading did not sack Steve Coppell when they went down from the prem, and should have gone up on sunday

I do agree with most fans that we have had two bad appointments in the managment department, but who could say hand on heart they knew that they were as bad as they turned out to be.

I belive that if we had kept faith in Nigel we would not be where we are now, but I dont think we would be in the prem.

So be careful what you (or we) wish for

The board might not know the first thing about football managment but if we were in their position would we have done anything different maybe not

Lets hope they get it right this time. Did  anyone think Mike Walker(sacked manager of Colchester) would have been as successful as he was, to get the right manager is a matter of luck

Quite simply - NO!!!!!    The fans have done nothing but support the team irrespective of who is in charge, turning up week in, week out, giving the team virtually sell out crowds to play in front of each home game.

The board have got to admit to their failings, stand up and take the blame and learn from all of this. We, as a club, have to keep moving forward every year, if we don''t, we get left behind. Leicester found that out last year, but were in the position to keep the better players and bounce straight back. I''m not so sure that we are in a position to do that unless the board take some, albeit unexpected, drastic action.

The club needs footballing guidance from the board room down to the pitch - and ideally a chuff load of cash. The cash won''t be coming, but the guidance is out there, they just need to find it.

I''ll be honest I wanted Worthy out and now everyday I wake up and I miss him so much.For that I feel responsibleCOME BACK NIGE [:''(][IMG]http://www.irishfa.com/filestore/images/library/nigel-worthington-20071115-010-sh.jpg[/IMG]

i think the fans at times arent helpful to the causewe can be hasty in our venomous tongue lashing, but then we want success at the club.look at the charlton game....we were booing etc after 30 mins. NEVER should we do it before the final whistle in my eyes.and as for the manageent situation...i think its a 50/50 call.if we had of left worthy in, he may not of gotten any better, he was losng the dressing room, and he hadnt made a spritely start. we just dont know,

[quote user="Big Dog "]"Nigel was then given the impossible job to keep Leicester up, he failed but so would Sir Alex."

He did keep them up.[/quote]

Correct.  He kept them up but Mandaric gave the job to Mad Dog and they went down the following season.

It was Ian Holloway who got the impossible job.

[quote user="i need to be entertained"]should we (the fans) take some of the blame?[/quote]Yes.  I missed all those chances up front, I fell asleep at right back all season, and I picked a series of crap players, loan players and borderline mongs and gave them unreasonable instructions in how to play.  I then appointed myself to the board and bought three hotels and a horse racing stable in Dubai which, sadly, burned to the ground in mysterious circumstances.  I then took up refereeing and sent key players off at key times, failed to see cast-iron penalties for our team, and kept booking Darel Russell because he once beat me at chess.  Finally, I became Chief Executive and wrote a series of head in the sand, patronising articles for the EDP where I stressed the importance of being a well run and prudent football club.  I am entirely to blame for all of this, and I am very very sorry.

Awesome post - especially this bit:[quote user="Mister Chops"]and kept booking Darel Russell because he once beat me at chess.[/quote][:D][:D]Oh by the way... if we get a decent big man you can play off we''re keeping you for next year, you might be able to score a few goals at that level - just improve your work rate and movement and... oh! Sorry, you''re not Jamie are you? My mistake...

Utter crud.Waorthington was a one trick pony who ran out of steam when Huckery did.  The biggest mistake was not getting rid of him sooner.  He is well in  demand isn''t he now, always being sounded out about another managers job, oh sorry that was just that moron doncaster clutching at straws....As for Grant, sorry but yes people COULD see how it would end up.  He was a rubbish player who ran around the centre circle wavin his arms and shouting like a headless chicken and it was ovious he would be the same as a manager.  No experience, bad gamble with other experienced candidates to choose from.Roeder?  Another gamble, and certainly not even the boards first choice.  Proved himself to be a nutcase and the board failed to intervent to stop him ripping the club to shreds.Stringer was a good idea in principle?  You mean an old fool who has been out of football for a years?  Yes brilliant idea.Leicester stayed up, so alex could have done it.

Actually, it would be simpler if you just told us which part of the drivel you posted is actually true or a reasonable opinion to hold.

[quote user="i need to be entertained"]

Yesterday i found the prgramme for sat 21 october 2006. (Why is this notable? I hear you ask. That was Peter Grant''s first home game in charge) I looked at the league positions we were 16th (above the scum) the home game before was against Burnley on sky we were terrible lost 4-1 thats the day that Nigel Worthington got the sack. We the fans had pressurised the board into sacking Nigel, they did what we wanted.  Proir to the Burnley game we had played 9 league games 4 at home 3 wins 10 goals.Was Nigel that bad, i feel if we had got behind him we would be a safe mid to play off championship team. We were the ones who want Worthy out, we got what we wanted   

The board then asked Dave Stringer to find a group of applicants (good move in principle) Peter Grant was appointed, mistake, but did we know that at the time, nobody knew what would happen next. 

Nigel was then given the impossible job to keep Leicester up, he failed but so would Sir Alex. Nigel was then given the Irish job they are on the verge of the world cup finals with a group of no hope players he has done a great job so far.

Can i also point out Reading did not sack Steve Coppell when they went down from the prem, and should have gone up on sunday

I do agree with most fans that we have had two bad appointments in the managment department, but who could say hand on heart they knew that they were as bad as they turned out to be.

I belive that if we had kept faith in Nigel we would not be where we are now, but I dont think we would be in the prem.

So be careful what you (or we) wish for

The board might not know the first thing about football managment but if we were in their position would we have done anything different maybe not

Lets hope they get it right this time. Did  anyone think Mike Walker(sacked manager of Colchester) would have been as successful as he was, to get the right manager is a matter of luck

[/quote]