Sign in to follow this  
snakepiter

Gows Message at Charlton

Just heard today from a work colleage that Gow bumped into two city supporters on Charlton railway station half hour after the debacle.Suitcase packed and waiting to get to Heathrow for a flight back to Glasgow.When asked about Gunns managerial credentials he indicated that the arriving train driver could do a lot better.Oh well bring on Division three. 

He certainly wasn''t getting a flight back to Glasgow. He was sitting next to Alan Lee at the Open Day, when my grandson queued up for Lee''s signature. Gow looked miserable; Lee was charming and lovely with my little lad. Had his photo taken with him; smiled when asked if he was going to stay.

So let me get this right, within 30 minutes of the game finishing he''d paraded around the pitch, showered, dressed, grabbed his suitcase and managed to get to the station. He then travelled to Heathrow, flew back to scotland. Went to bed, got up and took another flight back to Norwich or Stanstead in time for the open day?

Call me cynical but he must be bloody Peter Pan.

If this is true we should sign him immediatelly. Any player having flown home to Gklasgow who then comes all the way back to Norwich for an open day must blead yellow and Green. Just the sort of player we need.

If you are going to post crap clear off and do it with the others on the WOTB site

I spoke to Gow pre-match and he said he planned go back to Glasgow on the Bank Holiday Monday, although it was difficult to understand exactly what he said as it very loud pitchside, he spoke quietly and he had a very thick Scottish accent.

[quote user="snakepiter"]

Just heard today from a work colleage that Gow bumped into two city supporters on Charlton railway station half hour after the debacle.Suitcase packed and waiting to get to Heathrow for a flight back to Glasgow.When asked about Gunns managerial credentials he indicated that the arriving train driver could do a lot better.Oh well bring on Division three. 

[/quote]

Christ he wasn''t in Glasgow very long considering he was at the open day on Monday!

The over elaborate, trying to score goal of the century, hogger, little end product that is Alan Gow needs to look at his own performances before he critiscises a manager who gave an oppoortunity and rightfully dropped him after his waste of space performance against Reading!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

The over elaborate, trying to score goal of the century, hogger, little end product that is Alan Gow needs to look at his own performances before he critiscises a manager who gave an oppoortunity and rightfully dropped him after his waste of space performance against Reading!

[/quote]

If he had been played up front as he should have been, we might have seen a better Alan Gow. Despite having won a couple of Man of the Match awards, he got stuck out on the left wing. Not one of a bunch of very a un-clever moves by our new manager.

Football is a simple game, playing your most effective players in their most effective position helps to make it simple.

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

If he had been played up front as he should have been, we might have seen a better Alan Gow. Despite having won a couple of Man of the Match awards, he got stuck out on the left wing. Not one of a bunch of very a un-clever moves by our new manager.

Football is a simple game, playing your most effective players in their most effective position helps to make it simple.

[/quote] I couldn''t agree more playing players in their natural and best positions is a must, how many so called experts have fallen intot he trap of not following this simple rule!

But you should have a word with Gow cause he certainly needs to learn that keeping things simple on the pitch is more often than not the best option!

I just wanted to clarify this (although you have no reason to believe me over anyone else) but I sat in front of Alan Gow on the said train and from what I heard (during a phone conversation he had with a.n.other) it was apparent that he was staying with friends in London that night with the view to getting the train to Norwich the following morning.He was wearing a tracksuit rather than a suit, I can''t say what train it was, but I took a fair while to get out of the ground and then went for a pint in the pub opposite the station so would have been easily an hour or more after the players came over to us after the game.No idea what was said to the people on the platform though.

When asked what he thought of Gunn as a manager what he actually said was - "He''d be better off driving this train we are about to get on"

It wasn''t half an hour after the game it was about 90 mins as we had been mulling around at The Valley.

He was with a few of his Scottish mates who had obviously come down to watch him (not) play.

He had a daft woolly hat on and a club tracksuit.

I can confirm that the above post is 100% fact. Don''t know where the bit about flying to Glasgow came from but he was on the train with a small suitcase, wearing a wooly hat and a Norwich tracksuit.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I can confirm that the above post is 100% fact. Don''t know where the bit about flying to Glasgow came from but he was on the train with a small suitcase, wearing a wooly hat and a Norwich tracksuit.

[/quote]Oh well that''s me convinced then!

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Oh well that''s me convinced then!
[/quote]

You can believe what you like to be honest but that is what he said. Why would anyone make it up?

[quote user="The Jonas Brother"]I thought i''d heard it all!!

Is this less credible or the rumor earlier of Jurgen Klinsmann!?!?[/quote]its true. i was his fokker wolf fly into norwich.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]Oh well that''s me convinced then![/quote]

Seriously, why would Jim and I make this up?

It''s hardly "Richard Branson is going to buy norwich" or "Lionel Messi spotted in Norwich Asda", is it?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]Oh well that''s me convinced then![/quote]

You can believe what you like to be honest but that is what he said. Why would anyone make it up?

[/quote]Sorry, I thought that some of the people in here did make things up - I didn''t realise that it was all 100% true - perhaps I am a little bit too suspicious. Thanks for putting me right.

[quote user="morty"]

I saw Carl Cort in Asda.

[/oldjoke]

[/quote]Really - do you think he is going to sign for us?

The bit about Gow wearing a silly woollen hat is all too believable; it may be surgically attached as he was still wearing it at the Open Day. His comment about Gunn is less convinicng though and it is only this that makes the original post at all newsworthy. Still the image of a gangly footballer in a NCFC tracksuit and wooly hat andcarrying a small suitcase, is raising a smile here.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Oh well that''s me convinced then!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, I thought that some of the people in here did make things up - I didn''t realise that it was all 100% true - perhaps I am a little bit too suspicious.

Thanks for putting me right.

[/quote]

As I have said believe what you like but if you look back through my posts on this board you will not find I am someone that generally posts rumours or gossip on here. I am telling you what he said. If you think i''m lying then so be it!