Sign in to follow this  
Ankles50

The SCG

Why have the "official" conduit of fans views/thoughts/opinions been so silent, especially on the ev of one of the biggest Board meetings in recent history?

Loan City - nice and rather unwarranted.Inch High - if that''s your perception of things you''d be sorely disappointed at the reality!There is an SCG meeting scheduled for May 18th. This date was set a month ago. I''m sure if the Board required anything from any member of the group they would ask. For my part I have made my personal thoughts known to Neil D (as can any fan) and cannot speak on behalf of the SCG which is, after all, simply a group of people who help with the fan''s perspective on issues such as ticketing/away travel/disablility matters/young supporters etc. The group itself is not a political or campaigning body, never has been.

You can cover any/all fan related topics, feelings on Board/Management/Players on relegation should be part of that, no?

And why wait until the middle of the month to meet, an exceptional occurance requires exceptional commitment from those selected to be the "official" face of the fans i would have thought?

If you do nothing it is damning indictment you are an ineffective entity on serious matters, which kind of blows in the face of previous meeting with Doncaster the content of of which was to be kept underwraps.....

It''s not a matter of waiting until the middle of the month to meet - that is the scheduled meeting date.And it''s certainly nothing to do with being an ineffective entity. As I said the SCG is not a political group.

So feel nothing was worth getting together about in hte last 72hours before the Board met then?

So if they get rid alot of the match day help for disabled people due to cost cutting tonight you''ll be too late to act

If they get rid of 1/3 of matchday stewards that put us on the minimum threshold of matchday requirments SCG are ok with that

If they get rid of ticket staff so poeple that want to come to games, important to raise much needed revenue, you''re ok with it

If they want to reduce staff in meia & merchandising that create income for the club through promotion & sponsorship thats all good too is it?

Dragging you''re heels & watching while whatever unfolds while not offering an insight to what the fans find important is what you''re doing then? 

Glad we cleared that up

Ankles, you have your own agenda on all this so I''ll just let you have the last word I think.If anyone else wants to chip in feel free.Just as a final point, as I said above, I have made my thoughts clear to Neil D - anyone, whether they are on the SCG or not can do the same. Many have I suspect.

[quote user="LQ"]Ankles, you have your own agenda on all this so I''ll just let you have the last word I think.If anyone else wants to chip in feel free.Just as a final point, as I said above, I have made my thoughts clear to Neil D - anyone, whether they are on the SCG or not can do the same. Many have I suspect.

[/quote]Surely it''s a matter for the SCG meeting together though?!  A united front, with an official line, is far better than individuals emailing etc.

Consulted on Cullum at 48hours notice, not on relegation?......Yes, i have an agenda to ensure the SCG as originated sticks to it''s task

If my challenging makes you uncomfortable it can''t be helped

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Because they never were anything other than puppets of the Board .
[/quote]

Yeah - whatever!

So I''m a puppet of the Board am I!!! Get real son and read any of my posts - no greater critic of The Cook than me I can assure you.

One of the SCG was (as at last night) trying to get an emergency meeting organised but that is likely to prove difficult with potential Board restructures and job losses in the offing at the club. Personally I would be surprised if the 18th May meeting still goes ahead, I hope it does but with so much uncertainty who knows.    

It doesn''t make me uncomfortable Ankles. It''s just the the question of the SCG only ever comes up when there''s a crisis - never when Rich, for example, has invited anyone to attend one of the working groups he chairs.Smudger - I thought what I said was interesting, yes [;)] (and probably bears no relation to what you imagine I went on about!)Thanks Yellow Rider, I have only just got my emails working and found this.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]One of the SCG was (as at last night) trying to get an emergency meeting organised but that is likely to prove difficult with potential Board restructures and job losses in the offing at the club. Personally I would be surprised if the 18th May meeting still goes ahead, I hope it does but with so much uncertainty who knows.    [/quote]So you''re not all board-loving arse-lickers, but you are completely powerless and at their mercy? Just trying to clarify....

The club continues to lurch from crisis to crisis, hardly my fault, but if the Board were to have at least listened to what has become clear were possible investment opportunities in the past maybe that would not be the case

Will the SCG be asking questions about this

http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/player/default.asp?s=15&e=92764

which seems to blow in the face of Delia''s assurance they had not been approached

I imagine so Ankles, if it''s still relevant.

[quote user="LQ"]It doesn''t make me uncomfortable Ankles. It''s just the the question of the SCG only ever comes up when there''s a crisis - never when Rich, for example, has invited anyone to attend one of the working groups he chairs.

Smudger - I thought what I said was interesting, yes [;)] (and probably bears no relation to what you imagine I went on about!)

Thanks Yellow Rider, I have only just got my emails working and found this.

[/quote]

I have no idea what you may of asked him LQ, tht is why I was asking you.

Are you going to share with us or not???

To be fair, Smudge, LQ doesn''t have to answer your question if she doesn''t want to - anything outside the SCG would presumably be deemed private.  If she chooses to share, fine.  If not, also fine.I would like it clarified, however, what the SCG is supposed to do - they seem to be set up as a link between the fans and the club, which is fair enough, but if the club then get to dictate when they meet, etc, then their only power is surely removed or at least diminished?

You''ll be asking me which way I vote next!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="LQ"]It doesn''t make me uncomfortable Ankles. It''s just the the question of the SCG only ever comes up when there''s a crisis - never when Rich, for example, has invited anyone to attend one of the working groups he chairs.

Smudger - I thought what I said was interesting, yes [;)] (and probably bears no relation to what you imagine I went on about!)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is LQ on the SCG., if she is not prepared to communicate her position regarding the club to the supporters?

EM - we consult with club officials on various topics as I outlined previously.We do have an opportunity to put both our own and general views we''re aware of on other matters (football/general etc) but this is not the main raison d''etre of the group. As I said, it''s not a political force.

[quote user="LQ"]You''ll be asking me which way I vote next!

[/quote]

Which way do you vote LQ???

Not that it would interest me at all... but what you said to Doomy may, then again it may not either.

You seem to be a little guarded with me LQ?  [U]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]To be fair, Smudge, LQ doesn''t have to answer your question if she doesn''t want to - anything outside the SCG would presumably be deemed private.  If she chooses to share, fine.  If not, also fine.

I would like it clarified, however, what the SCG is supposed to do - they seem to be set up as a link between the fans and the club, which is fair enough, but if the club then get to dictate when they meet, etc, then their only power is surely removed or at least diminished?
[/quote]

If the club unable to meet then the SCG could go the Open Letter route to assure the fans that their "voice" is heard

Disappoitingly all too late now & if the mid May meeting is scratched, to go over the fall out of this evening decisions, i would be wholly disappointed

I''d imagine that private discussions come under the same heading as private email correspondence ?  If you name the source, it would be removed ?

There was plenty said to the SCG re Cullum and if my memory serves me right there was plenty being say by members of the SCG re Cullum. I am beginning to get sick of the whole stink that surrounds this board. Defending them or their actions is getting murkier and murkier and still the club declines. Quite frankly our club is in the shyte and people with perceived influence just sit and play their violins.

How much lower do we get before the whole stinking lot of them jump ship and let us get back to being a Football Club? 

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is LQ on the SCG., if she is not prepared to communicate her position regarding the club to the supporters?

[/quote]

Now, now Tangy... I was hoping I may be getting somewhere (not like that Tilly, you old dawg)... [&]

The problem with an open letter is that there is a huge variation in views as you would expect in any group of fans. Look at the letter from the Associate Directors yesterday - in fact it was only from two of them but you''d think it was representative of the whole collection.Also, my personal views are my own and nothing to do with the SCG. I choose not to publish the more serious ones on here or anywhere else but to take them directly to the people who can act or take them on board. That''s just how I am!