Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

This might be the news we were expecting..........

I just walked from the Forum in Norwich passed the ground towards my mate''s home. I walked past the reception where a man came out of the doors in front of me, he was wearing a suit although I have no clue who he was. I said to him ''do you know any news from the board meeting?'' and he said that apparently Gunn was given the job early this afternoon. I''m gutted.

Nothing I can say will make you believe me so thats fine. This man was wearing a suit but didn''t look to be any kind of authority within the club as I didnt recognise him. I would say he was late 40''s/early 50''s with greyish hair. He told me because I asked.

So someone who you believe doesn''t have any authority now knows the ins and outs of a most probably private board meeting.  Ok.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]I just walked from the Forum in Norwich passed the ground towards my mate''s home. I walked past the reception where a man came out of the doors in front of me, he was wearing a suit although I have no clue who he was. I said to him ''do you know any news from the board meeting?'' and he said that apparently Gunn was given the job early this afternoon. I''m gutted.[/quote]

I was told this afternoon by a very unhappy Carrow Road employee that Gunn is the only person the board want,lets hope all the rumours are crap because if it''s Gunn we are up shi* creek without a paddle or any arms!!!!! Please God not Gunn!!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]So someone who you believe doesn''t have any authority now knows the ins and outs of a most probably private board meeting.  Ok.
[/quote]

Yep, thats about the measure of it. I have no reason to not believe him. Why would he lie? All he said was and I quote "Yeah Bryan was given the job earlier this afternoon" Being completely gutted I said "you''re joking?" and he said "Afraid not".

[quote user="Ankles50"]Thats us stuck in Div 3 for the foreseeable future then[/quote]

Sacked by October Ankles..........otherwise, league two next May!

[quote user="canaryspike7"]Nothing I can say will make you believe me so thats fine. This man was wearing a suit but didn''t look to be any kind of authority within the club as I didnt recognise him. I would say he was late 40''s/early 50''s with greyish hair. He told me because I asked.[/quote]

That was me....and I do infact tell lies.......... 

Not confirming the validity of this - but seeing as Gannon is now out of work, I would be shocked if Gunn is given the job without us even interviewing other managers. Then again, I was driving with a dropped jaw when I heard the news of his initial appointment on Radio Norfolk.Please, for once, make the right decision NCFC board!

If this rumour does turn out to be true - i for one am happy about it.

Rome wasn''t built in a day - take a step back to take 3 forward. Might aswell back him if he does get it

[quote user="HookNortonCanary"]

Rome wasn''t built in a day - take a step back to take 3 forward. Might aswell back him if he does get it

[/quote]

This could potentially be the worst post I have ever read on here.

[/quote]

Thats it just accept second best like so many others!! FFS

[/quote]Let''s be honest here for a second.I''m a fan of Gunn as a personality, and as a human being, and I really feel he was been put in an horrendous position last season. But, could he really have done much worse in his 19 games? Any excuses you make for this can simply be taken as good reasons as to why he should not get the job.

[quote user="I.S."]Not confirming the validity of this - but seeing as Gannon is now out of work, I would be shocked if Gunn is given the job without us even interviewing other managers. Then again, I was driving with a dropped jaw when I heard the news of his initial appointment on Radio Norfolk.

Please, for once, make the right decision NCFC board!
[/quote]and you think they actually interviewed anyone else before they gave it to gunn in january, they are a complete joke and we are a complete laughing stock

[/quote]

Errrr No! I won''t back Gunn, even if he is confirmed to be our Manager. Why a club as big as ours do we always go for an inexperienced Manager??  The board have got things wrong the last 4 years so nothing has changed here. Gunn will NOT get us promoted. He will be sacked when the board wake up and realise this for themselves around christmas time, and again they will have to pay off another manager! No wonder our club has NO bloody money!  

I keep checking both official and pinkun for an announcement but nothing yet. I''m finding it really hard to back us now, I hate what we''ve done today in giving Gunn the job. I''m not sure I can sit in my seat week after week and watch Gunn manage us. This is so poor.

No i cannot back him , thought his appointment was the biggest joke in football and if they follow that by giving him a new contract i hope to hear We want Gunn Out at the first game next season.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]I keep checking both official and pinkun for an announcement but nothing yet. I''m finding it really hard to back us now, I hate what we''ve done today in giving Gunn the job. I''m not sure I can sit in my seat week after week and watch Gunn manage us. This is so poor.[/quote]

Before anyone gets too carried away lets not forget this is not confirmed. It could have been any random punter you spoke to and he may just have been winding you up!

[quote user="canaryspike7"]I keep checking both official and pinkun for an announcement but nothing yet. I''m finding it really hard to back us now, I hate what we''ve done today in giving Gunn the job. I''m not sure I can sit in my seat week after week and watch Gunn manage us. This is so poor.[/quote]Something smells.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="canaryspike7"]I keep checking both official and pinkun for an announcement but nothing yet. I''m finding it really hard to back us now, I hate what we''ve done today in giving Gunn the job. I''m not sure I can sit in my seat week after week and watch Gunn manage us. This is so poor.[/quote]

Before anyone gets too carried away lets not forget this is not confirmed. It could have been any random punter you spoke to and he may just have been winding you up!

[/quote]

True. I really hope i was being lied to but i fear i wasnt.

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="HookNortonCanary"]

[/quote]

Errrr No! I won''t back Gunn, even if he is confirmed to be our Manager. Why a club as big as ours do we always go for an inexperienced Manager??  The board have got things wrong the last 4 years so nothing has changed here. Gunn will NOT get us promoted. He will be sacked when the board wake up and realise this for themselves around christmas time, and again they will have to pay off another manager! No wonder our club has NO bloody money!  

[/quote]I think you''ve answered your own question about always going for an inexperienced manager - "our club has NO bloody money". Experienced managers with a proven track record are hardly likely to sign up to a skint struggling Championship club, let alone one in the 3rd division.