Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Carl Cort

A lot of our players are being branded as ''handy for League 1''.

Shame they were handy enough for the Championship.

depends on how the management set us up for next year. we''re possibly going to need battlers that will really get stuck in. Lee seems to fit the bill there - not sure about Cort - if anything, he''s more of a championship player....also depends on us getting some creative players in the midfield/on the wings that can actually get the ball into dangerous positions for our strikers to take advantage of.in roeder''s first season, we missed a lot of chances - jamie c was blamed for our poor position. I think dion and hucks covered a lot of the cracks in our teamthis season we haven''t created those chances - we haven''t been missing chances this year... the opportunities have been there.

i think leicester did the right thing with cort last year when they went down - they got rid,,,and he ended up in the spanish lesser leagues - oh - and with naarwich...corty is full of injuries and woes - and like any player he needs a run of games to get match fit - and while that is happening - he''ll be below standard...i would suggest people if we want to get up - good,,,fit,,,proven players will be required - capable of doing their jobs - and capable of an extended run of play in a settled team...with all the comings and goings in the past few years - we haven''t had a settled side - and with so many loanees in and out - it seems this may have had a detrimental effect upon the consistency and morale of the side...players are only human - and people like to be settled....constant upheaval - chopping and changing - doesn''t help to bed a side in - and get them paying well to an acceptable standard...so lets get real on this once and for all,,,cort and his ilk are not the answer for naarwich city- if realistically we want to get promotion - we''ve got used to accepting second best at NCFC under this cr@p board and their ''cleverer'' strategies and failing wheezes...and sucked into their cruddy way of thinking - walker had the right idea - but he was sacked for it - and hamilton thought his ''foreign free transfers'' idea would work...the board have been experimenting on **** like this for years - and this summer roedy''s prem/champs ''inbetweenies'' was the latest fashion - only to bomb - cos he could only afford the washed up, raw or injury suspect versions...ouch///

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

[quote user="rjwc22"]Me neither but Cort has had a good few years at the big clubs earning the big bucks.  At Newcastle he would have been on at least £20k I reckon.[/quote]

Kieron Dyer''s on the top 20 richest footballers list too, so, it''s understandable. Cort won''t get many other opportunities at a high level.

[/quote]

agree with this, i think Cort knows that his days of playing at the top are probably over now... possibly even playing in the championship too.. League 1 and 2 is where he will spend his career flitting between a few clubs.

Offer him a pay as you play deal, we have nothing to lose, if he keeps fit and bangs a few in offer him a years deal.. low risk, low cost.

we could do worse

jas :)

its a tough one played well before his recent injury but i''d say no, because quite simply he doesn''t score enough