Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Carl Cort

I notice Carl Cort has not been released from his pay as you play contract as of yet. Has been handy in a couple of games this season, do people think he is worth keeping on the pay and play contract basis due to his injuries?

Worked very hard and was definitely not the worst to be seen around Carrow Road, but for me did not stick the ball in the net enough for my liking.

Pay-per-play is a good idea with Cort. If he''s unfit and doesn''t play - we don''t pay him. But I agree, could be a huge asset in league one, especially if we don''t sign Alan Lee.

he can do a job.tbh he didnt have many quality deliveries into his head whilst playing. he had to do a lot of leg work hich isnt him.but i think that a pay as you play deal could be worthwhile.

I think he''d do very well in League One. Was starting to play well before the bursa problem kicked in.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I think he''d do very well in League One. Was starting to play well before the bursa problem kicked in.[/quote]i''d agree with that, also you wonder why the club would pay for him to have his op done if they hadn''t any intention of keeping him, maybe they thought get it done and lose him for this season but get him back fit for the new one!!!

Dont know how these players can afford to be on a pay as you play contract - if you dont play for a couple of months then you dont get paid - I certainly could not afford it in my job

Me neither but Cort has had a good few years at the big clubs earning the big bucks.  At Newcastle he would have been on at least £20k I reckon.

bit harsh on him i think, before his recent injury, everyone seemed quite positive about him. I''d be happy to keep him on a cheap pay as you play contract, as he looked impressive the times i saw him this season. Better than the likes of Killen anyway, and we know he''s useful. I genuinely believe he could be very useful at a championship club let alone a league 1 club despite his injuries, and if we ain''t paying him when he doesn''t play, i don''t see why we don''t keep him as backup target man, even if he''s on the bench most games.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Me neither but Cort has had a good few years at the big clubs earning the big bucks.  At Newcastle he would have been on at least £20k I reckon.[/quote]

Kieron Dyer''s on the top 20 richest footballers list too, so, it''s understandable. Cort won''t get many other opportunities at a high level.

Proided he is cheap enough, we can''t really lose by retaining his services next season. Ditto Alan Lee. Both of them could probably do a good job in the 3rd division.

[quote user="we8wba"]

When was the last time Carl Cort was fit for 3months?

[/quote]

Hence the pay and play

[quote user="Bigus"]Much rather have Alan Lee, He actually jumps for the ball.[/quote]Plus, if that fails he is more than happy to elbow the defender and punch the goalkeeper. Top lad. Sign him up!

Lee over Cort all day long. He obviously has talent so if they can come to some sort of pay-play contract that might suit both parties id give him a chance, but use him sparingly to avoid injury, maybe as cover for Lee or a sub for 15mins at the end of games

covered a few lower league games towards the end of this season and i''d say he is just as good as any target man i saw play. could defo do a job.

Keep him over the summer and assess his fitness. If he keeps himsefl healthy then by all means give him a shot. He''d at least make a good bench player in League 1 when fit and if the worst comes to the worst and we need to get rid of him there''s always the Janurary transfer window.

Before he got injured he actually looked like one of the few City players that looked like he cared about the cause, as I previously stated in other threads about him earlier this year. I would expect him to be one of the first at the manager''s door saying he wants to play a part next season and to be honest that''s a start! Keep him fit and who knows? He might chip in with some important goals for us.

We have to keep him on....if not he will be resigned to hanging around his favourite hang out all day.......ASDA!!

Should never be playing at Championship level because his fitness levels are not ever going to be good enough. I think the same would apply in League 1!

Who needs Cort when  we can have Alan Lee whos still good enough!

I would have Carl Cort as long as the club realise that he will never be more than just another option, that is to say...... if he was 4th striker who we could bring off the bench when fit.

The fact that the bloke is clearly a millionaire but is willing to not get paid for half a season, instead of moving to the sun and sipping pims, suggests to me that he deserves a break.

I should imagine that he is getting more money from interests, equities and yields then he is from this club if he has ever taken financial advice.

Thats the type of player that we need, just desperate to make an impression.

I would have him even if its just for a positive attitude for the kids..... e.g. "Look how much I was earning at Newcastle and Wolves, but I still turn up to Colney every day to play football".

Not quite a Dublin, but the closest damn thing we have at the minute.

I think he''s worth sticking with if the right kind of deal can be done.

He''s already shown us he''s got a bit of class on the pitch. It''d be good if he could get a solid pre-season under his belt.

I had a wimbledon season ticket in his best ever season (99/00) and i can say 100% that to release him would be a mistake. He lacks confidence not quality, once the confidence comes back the goals will fly in