Sign in to follow this  
canaries

Who wonts Gunn Yes Or No

[quote user="Badger"]I don''t know if anybody is keeping count but I would say that even on this site we are pretty divided. When you take into account that the opinions here are rather more critical than opinion as a whole, I think that Gunn might well be the most popular candidate amongst fans. Which possible candidate would be more popular?[/quote] Quick count up and i made it  56 NO and  19 yes , would go get your eyes tested Badger and lets be honest if Delia wanted Mickey Mouse in the job you would be backing him too.

NO from me the Wife and all four of my kids,the youngest is three weeks old but when i asked him if Gunn should be manager he filled his nappy,about sumed it up for me!!

Very similar to a poll on the official site................and just about everyone I''ve spoken to.

I bet the board serve up Gunn as a sacrifice and not get rid of him for the right reasons...still serve''s him right.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]NO from me the Wife and all four of my kids,the youngest is three weeks old but when i asked him if Gunn should be manager he filled his nappy,about sumed it up for me!![/quote]

lol!

[quote user="mtv"]

Very similar to a poll on the official site................and just about everyone I''ve spoken to.

I bet the board serve up Gunn as a sacrifice and not get rid of him for the right reasons...still serve''s him right.

[/quote] Official site is 76% no 16% yes 9% dont know , Gunny is popular only in the Boardroom it appears .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "] lets be honest if Delia wanted Mickey Mouse in the job you would be backing him too.[/quote]You show your real understanding when you compare Bryan Gunn to Mickey Mouse. Just carry on with your reasoned argument. Your track record speaks for itself.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Badger"]I don''t know if anybody is keeping count but I would say that even on this site we are pretty divided. When you take into account that the opinions here are rather more critical than opinion as a whole, I think that Gunn might well be the most popular candidate amongst fans. Which possible candidate would be more popular?[/quote] Quick count up and i made it  56 NO and  19 yes , would go get your eyes tested Badger and lets be honest if Delia wanted Mickey Mouse in the job you would be backing him too.[/quote]That''s about 25% for Gunny on a notoriously critical site. I think that it is safe to assume that it would be larger amongst the public at large. Which realistic candidate would carry more suppport?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Loan City Fc "] lets be honest if Delia wanted Mickey Mouse in the job you would be backing him too.[/quote]You show your real understanding when you compare Bryan Gunn to Mickey Mouse. Just carry on with your reasoned argument. Your track record speaks for itself.[/quote] No i wasnt comparing Gunn to Mickey Mouse just the fact that you would be 100% behind Mickey Mouse if thats who Delia was backing , in the same way if Delia comes out and says Gunns not the right man for the job you would stop posting that he is .You have never once posted anything anti Board in your time on here and never will , you sum up the term "sheep " very nicely .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Loan City Fc "] lets be honest if Delia wanted Mickey Mouse in the job you would be backing him too.[/quote]You show your real understanding when you compare Bryan Gunn to Mickey Mouse. Just carry on with your reasoned argument. Your track record speaks for itself.[/quote] ...you would be 100% behind Mickey Mouse if thats who Delia was backing , in the same way if Delia comes out and says Gunns not the right man for the job you would stop posting that he is.You have never once posted anything anti Board in your time on here and never will. [/quote]I supported Gunn''s appointment before it was made. I have also held the board to blame for the position that we are in. The league table does not lie, as I have said on several occasions - the board had to take responsibility for this. I feel the appointmet of Grant, in particular, was a poor one and Roeder made himself impossible to keep. We are in the third division fo rthe first time in my life - something is wrong and the board is responsible. It does not, however, mean that everything that they have done is wrong and that given a chance, Gunn can''t be a good manager. I wonder how popular Stringer or Walker would have been as appointments if we had the internet back then. I don''t feel that he had the chance to have his players in the team, nor the time for them to play as he wanted them to. Although I failed to recognise it, the die was already cast. This does not mean that we should go out and employ (as manager) someone else that does not give a monkey''s about us nor accept anyone who offers anything for us.Bad as things are, they could be worse. Would I accept a rich, genuine benefactor - you bet - I hope one comes along but I don''t want to accept anybody with some form of wallet that comes along. Basically, I just don''t think it is as easy as some of you seem to.

Nein....said in a fascist tone.

He''s just a cling-on along with the rest of them on the payroll.... and quite frankly isn''t the bloke I once thought he was. Bleeds green and yellow my arse..... he''s all for himself.

Three season ticket holders:

Son - yes

Missus - No

Me - not sure. Really disappointed that he couldn''t motivate the team - Blackpool (a), Reading (h) and ...you know where. Marshall admitted that the team weren''t playing for GR, we saw them chuck the FA tie against Charlton to get rid. Think he has made some good moves (Lee, Maccy D and getting rid of some of the planks) but on balance he is still very much a learner.

Risky keeping him but who exactly is the alternative - mind you Hiddink is available soon!   

Season ticket holder and a big NO!

1. He''s shown himself to be tactically inept on numerous occasions (Gow and Carney on the wrong wings, Shackell at left back, etc.)

2. He''s demonstrated that he is unable to get the players motivated for must win games (I was at Blackpool.)

3. He''s played a part in bringing players to the club that have resulted in us getting relegated.

4. He looks clueless in all of the interviews he has given.

I''d bet that most of the people that want to keep Gunn in charge are the same people that have agreed with most of the board''s decisions. It''s your fault that we''re now playing in Division 3!

[quote user="Sir Fotheringham Waddock-hunt"]Risky keeping him but who exactly is the alternative[/quote]Well there are plenty of threads around here with quite a few managers we could realistically go for so I''d say there are lots of alternatives.

Get a grip.  Roeder destroyed the fabric of the squad in a year.  We would have gone down regardless, dont you rememer his one winger approach?God people have short memories.  Once around the goldfish bowl.[quote user="Disturbed"]No - Rather have the Rodent back - he would have kept us in the championship.[/quote]