Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Everyone that posts on this board PLEASE READ THIS AND RESPOND

Agreed.On both items he can be judged against he has failed.
  • On the pitch - league 1 football, lowest position in 50 odd years.
  • Off the pitch - increased debt, a wage bill which in his own words is too high and the overseeing of a series of incorrect managerial appointments.
As the Chief Executive, he has to be ultimately responsible given his level of wage within the company.I support his resignation or removal from office.

Doncaster needs to go. He takes a far too large salary, plus is no good at his job as is clear for all to see. Also, I was dissappointed with his comments at the forum yesterday. He seemed to spend a lot of time answering questions indirectly, and coming out with stupid remarks such as "the future is bright for this football club".

Munby should also go. Delia and Michael Wynn-Jones should actively seek new investment so the club has the finances it needs to move forward. In these times of clubs with money to throw away, secure finances are essential.

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]

Doncaster needs to go. He takes a far too large salary, plus is no good at his job as is clear for all to see. Also, I was dissappointed with his comments at the forum yesterday. He seemed to spend a lot of time answering questions indirectly, and coming out with stupid remarks such as "the future is bright for this football club".

Munby should also go. Delia and Michael Wynn-Jones should actively seek new investment so the club has the finances it needs to move forward. In these times of clubs with money to throw away, secure finances are essential.

[/quote]Why do you think Munby should go? I''ve never asked you thats all.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

The first casualty from this mess has to be Neil Doncaster.

In my line of work, if our organisation performed like City has then the CEO would be removed from his post.

Please get behind this post and make your fellings known, I will then print off and forward this post to Roger Mumby.

The rest of the board will get it''s comeupance soon but let''s start with the CHEIF EXEC.

Doncastor to leave with immediate effect

[/quote]I just wanted to say the words lemon curd in a post your going to print off and send to Mumby.

I don''t really see why Doncaster should be the fall guy. 

Did he pick the team?  Did he set the tactics?  Miss the chances?    Kick clearances direct to the opposition?  Deliver the pre match or half time team talks?   Decide which players to sign?    Appoint the manager? 

He''s the chief executive, which means he reports to the Board, and does their bidding.   That''s his job.  He''s a lawyer by trade.   Sure, if the contracts over the hotel, say, or with key players, are rubbish and don''t protect the club, then his head should be on the block.   But because the manager plays Shackell at left back in a key game?  Or because the players don''t show passion in the most important game for ages?  Or because the Board appoints the wrong manager?  How are these Doncaster''s fault? 

[quote user="shefcanary"]Aye Aye.  Any CEO of a previously successful company has no right to expect to stay when the company starts to fail![/quote]

Starts to fail, you must be joking! This club has been going downhill since it failed to sign Ashton before the start of the Premiership season (2004 -2005) and has spent cash (not just loans, so the club can stop the spin on that issue) on tangible fixed assets that could have waited.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]

[/quote]

Why do you think Munby should go? I''ve never asked you thats all.
[/quote]

I just think that he doesn''t operate particularly well. I don''t know for definate but i assume as Chairman its his job to oversee everything and try to prevent stupid mistakes. So, on that basis, surely he should''ve stepped in to prevent Grant/Roeder being appointed, and especially should''ve stopped Huckerby being dropped. I know thats the fault of all the board members and previous managers but still, he must take his share of the blame.  

He has to go! He coined the phrase "prudence with ambition" if I remember rightly, also he''s taken far too much money from the club for the decisions he has made, which has led us to this. I think it was his idea to follow the charlton model too. He has another job anyway, on the football league panel. Also..... He''s an arrogant turd!

Yep the guy has to go. He epitomises all that is currently wrong with this football club i.e. the board knows best reagrdless of what you 25000 long suffering fans think.  This club needs a change of direction and i''m afraid that Mr Doncaster will now forever be associated with failure

Sir, I applaud your sentiment & personally think change is desperately overdue, BUT, sort out a spell check before sending your post off to anyone who you would hope to take it seriously.

[quote user="Fish Stall"]5th highest wage bill in the league, 21st worst team = bad management of a business. Sack him[/quote]

If his job is to give the manager a competitive budget, is giving himn the 5th biggest budget a a failure?  22nd worst team isnt it?

It screams that the players and in particular the footballing management in particular have spectacularly failed.

As have the collective board (and whoever actually appoints - which I assume is a collaborative effort rather than one persons view holding sway - and so ND is involved is not ultimately responsible as he tried to spin out of it yest at the fans forum) in appointing Grant and Gunn in particular,  but also Roeder - as being the wrong managers for the needs of the club. 

Doncaster to go with immediate effect with no compensation as he has already wasted that over the years. Mumby to follow before the door has a chance to shut, closely followed by the cook and the fat controller (mjw)!!!

So long farewell auf weidersehn goodbye adieu adieu                           

to you              and you         and you                                                             Doncaster          Munby        Jones/Smith

[N]                  [N]                 [N]