Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Everyone that posts on this board PLEASE READ THIS AND RESPOND

The first casualty from this mess has to be Neil Doncaster.

In my line of work, if our organisation performed like City has then the CEO would be removed from his post.

Please get behind this post and make your fellings known, I will then print off and forward this post to Roger Mumby.

The rest of the board will get it''s comeupance soon but let''s start with the CHEIF EXEC.

Doncastor to leave with immediate effect

I agree.

He has been at our club since 1997 i believe and since that time we have dropped like a stone into League 1. The wages he gets should not be given to a man doing what he does- responding to emails, telephoning supporters and making our club a mess.

Doncaster to leave with immediate effect

Why I still feel confident going into the last day

Last updated: 30/04/2009 10:34:00

I wrote in my last column, a fortnight ago, that "we are approaching a hugely significant match in the history of our great club" and that "we go into it with our future in our own hands." Clearly, after the disappointment of defeat against Reading on Monday evening, that is no longer the case.

But, as Gary Doherty so accurately pointed out after Monday''s game, "funny things happen in football". Certainly, many stranger things have happened in this club''s great 107-year history than Plymouth beating Barnsley at Home Park on Sunday. And, if that happens, my opening remarks about our destiny being in our own hands, suddenly become true again.

Just four weeks ago, Sheffield Wednesday came here as a mid-table side. Safe from relegation and a very long way from being part of the end of season play-off lottery. Quite simply, Wednesday had absolutely nothing to play for, except their professional pride - much like Plymouth this weekend. And if Plymouth play as well as Wednesday did that day, who knows what will happen?

Will Plymouth play without pressure and with freedom to express themselves? Will Barnsley freeze on their big day? The beauty of football is that no one knows. What is certain though, is that our enormous contingent of over 3,000 green and yellow clad away supporters will travel south to give Bryan Gunn and the team the best possible support at The Valley.

Unfortunately, with Sky opting to feature games at the top of the Championship this Sunday and with our allocation of away tickets now sold out, many Canary supporters hoping to witness a great escape at Charlton have been disappointed. So I am delighted that we have been able to work with SKY and Anglia TV to have the game beamed back to Carrow Road.

With up to 1,500 tickets now available in the lounges at £5 per adult and £3 concessions, we hope that the team (and the result at Plymouth) give everyone who comes to the stadium plenty of reasons to be cheerful. Tickets are available, on a first-come, first-served basis, from the ticket office at Carrow Road or at the Castle Mall Canary Store, or by calling 0844 826 1902.

I cannot have been alone in feeling slightly humbled by the response of our marvellous supporters to defeat on Monday. The proud chants of ''On The Ball, City'' and ''City ''Til I Die'' rolling round Carrow Road after the match suggests that, whatever the fates have in store for us on Sunday, the future is bright next season.

It is vital that, going into such a crucial game this weekend, we are focused on the prize of staying up to the exclusion of any other thoughts. At our Open Day this Monday, we will no doubt be quizzed extensively by supporters - and rightly so. Fans will no doubt wish to quiz us about the events of this season and what we will be doing to ensure that, this time next season, we are celebrating achievement. Not looking enviously around at other clubs whose supporters are celebrating promotion or an impending adventure into the play-offs.

But I hope that supporters also bear in mind that knee-jerk pronouncements from the board about what has happened this season and how we will address the issues are best avoided.

Far better to take stock over the days and weeks ahead, with a clear head and a cool heart. But, supporters should be assured that the board will not be hiding.

When we have considered the best way to improve our fortunes on the pitch and to deliver many more positive results than in recent seasons, then we will hold a ''Meet The Board'' forum in the next month. As ever, when big issues are to be discussed, we want to discuss them with supporters first. And, recognising that many supporters cannot always attend forums, we will also of course be working with our friends in the media to ensure that all supporters are involved in the process.

Whatever the results this weekend, the words I wrote a fortnight ago, remain apposite: "With your help, your incredible, loud, passionate support, we stand the best chance of emerging victorious from the situation we are in."

On The Ball, City!

NEED I GIVE AN OPINION

Doncaster and Gunn should both be shown the door....................NOW ! We cannot continue to reward abject failure any longer ..............................the board have to ask themselves the question ....Why did WE let this go on for this long ?????????????????

I would like to see Mr Doncaster AND Mr Munby removed from their current responsibilities- I have no problem with them sitting on the board but these guys both need to take a back seat away from direct involvement.

I believe they have had the best interests of the club as motivation but have not managed to achieve either stability or progress in sporting or business matters at NCFC.

Neil Doncaster has been grossly incompetent and should be the first of several to go.

So as to be as clear as possible...

so long, farewell, adios, au reviour, ta ta, cheerio, bye bye and most of all... Good riddance!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

In my line of work, if our organisation performed like City has then the CEO would be removed from his post.

Please get behind this post and make your fellings known, I will then print off and forward this post to Roger Mumby.

The rest of the board will get it''s comeupance soon but let''s start with the CHEIF EXEC.

[/quote]Erm, I''m not his biggest fan, but the buck stops with the players.He hasn''t gone out of his way to get us relegated.

[/quote]

I think all the deadwood should be felled, starting with ND.

Agreed. The appointment of experienced, football minded board members is something that is a necessity and needs to be done asap to plan for next year. Where as we may all have differing opinions on the owners/manager of Norwich City, I think we are all pretty much agreed that Doncaster has to go.

''ND - We spent 9 million pounds on wages which is 6 million MORE than we can afford to pay.''

Surely if he negotiates the players contracts,that is his fault,putting the clubs future in jeopardy.Mr Doomcaster should go now,but, no doubt the saving on his salary has ''already been budgeted for'' !

There needs to be accountability. In the face of having to accept our majority owners continued presence, the Chief Executive should go.Has there been any talk of reduced wages for Mr Doncaster, in line with the pay cuts written into the contracts of players? Perhaps the club could comment on the salary earned by our CE, in particular telling us just how this failure can justify the continued payment of said salary.Sack Neil Doncaster and have the owners step down from the Board with immediate effect. An independent Board of Directors, which reports to the owners but does not have to agree with their wishes, would be a massive step to restoring confidence in the way the Football Club is run. Just because a business is owned, doesn''t mean you HAVE to run it yourselves. The brave option would be to recruit new blood from amongst existing stakeholders, who would be prepared to perform their duties without remuneration. Surely we have the people with the right skill sets amongst our numbers?In case there is any doubt - SACK DONCASTER

For me he has to go.

Pratronising and condescending and two words that come to mind when I think of Doncaster. I find some some of his columns in the EPD as such. Plus he is Mr negotiation, been totally brilliant. In days when we really need the money can we really afford someone like this. 

as i have said on here before doncasters coments in the eastern daily press are nothing short of pathetic ,

a bright future , prudence and ambition are hardly what any normal person would say considering we have had our worst season for 50 years .

no passion , no ambition and above all no ideas , and a lack of respect to fans , considering how much loyalty the fans have given this club.

the people at the top of this club could be descibed as clowns , and its a shame norwich city football club has become the circus.

i have no confidence for the future of this club and the pure ignorance of which many fan is exspected to believe .

no vote of confidence , which has been painfull to watch over the last few years .

yep.time to go doomcaster.too much spin,false hope,poor management of the club as a business,millions wasted.the club,both in footballing terms and in a business sense,is a joke.and it hurts to say that.it really does.

Aye Aye.  Any CEO of a previously successful company has no right to expect to stay when the company starts to fail!

Doncaster needs to go because the club is clearly failing to make the most of its income when measured agianst the only criteria that matters - the sucess of the football team. The strategy he has followed is flawed and the board has put too high an emphasis on non-footballing matters. Every decision and penny spent should be geared towards producing the best team we possibly can - this plainly has not been done. It was so incongruous to be sitting in a beautifully appointed lounge on Sunday watching a big screen showing our team being totally outplayed by the club at the bottom of the league. How could our prioities have become so skewed?

Having said that the most important decision to be made is the releaving of Gunn from his managers duties. For goodness sake, the next time the club has to appoint a manager dispense with the shortlisting and interviewing and go out and get the guy we want based on his track record and experience. Can you imagine Roy Keene turning up for an interview to explain to Delia why he should be given the job???

Mumby, Doncaster, MWJ Smith should all go, along with Gunn. A complete clear out of players, managerial staff and people at board level is needed.

The sooner this man has gone the better for all concerned, Doncaster is not worthy of his position at this club or any other, you will have to go a long way to fond anyone with a good word to say about him, total waste of money   

[/quote]I like your rational tone and approach to this.  I agree, Doncaster should go.