Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Ah the last week of the PUP league ! So much has happened since we all first started this venture !

May I echo the sentiments expressed towards you Nutty, I am sure Ray would have been proud of your efforts, as indeed we all are.

Man.Utd for me this week, if they reproduce that scintillating display against Arsenal then they will coast it against their neighbors

Good luck Fellas, let''s finish on a high note !

Well it''s time to go out with a flourish (last one this week nige[:$]) so I''ve searched high and low and come up

Inverness Caledonian Thistle V Hamilton Academical haven''t got a clue who going to win just thought I''d test my new keyboard

For my nap this week is Hull City v''s Stoke Away win

As previously said a big thanks to Nutty for continuing the bet and wish all the PUPs a good summer.

So the last week is upon us and I''m venturing back to Germany''s Bundesliga with

Dortmund v Karlsruher SC - Home Win

Dortmund are pushing for Europe (last 10 games W6 D3 L1), Karlsruher struggling against relegation (W1 D3 L6).

Huge thanks to you Nutty for all your work, and hopefully we can be back next season doing this.

Good luck to all PUPs, and especially Fellas - go get that hat-trick!!!

Raith to beat Arbroath for me as well. 

Farewell fellow pickers until next season and thanks to Nutty for keeping the enjoyment going after what has been a particularly traumatic year.

Can anyone explain how the free bet thread works? I don''t understand any of it (I''m not a betting person but am looking at getting into it)

Thanks in advance

My nap is Man U to beat Man City as well, should all but seal the championship, good luck fellas !

Also can I add my name to the list of people thanking Nutty for taking on the free bet - I hope it can return again next season, I would love to have a go again!

Bolton to beat Sunderland for me.

May I be so bold as to ask if I could have another go next season?

Great thanks for that Nutty Nigel I get it know :).

I guess I better give my first nap.

I''m traveling to my country of heritage belgium and for Anderlecht v Roeselare

Home wine for Anderlecht looking to consolidate at the top of the league in expense of 3rd from bottom Roeselare

My final selection is going to be.....

Liverpool to win away at West ham!!

Good luck everyone!

I would also like to say thanks to Nutty for carrying it on and hope to do this again next season.

Scottish Division 2 for me this week.

Raith vs. Arbroath - Home win.

Gonna have to be MAN UTD for me too this week.

Eddie, I''ll be in touch early next week about the trophies [Y]

Leeds canary (Young Gun)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]I''ve just realised my game is on friday, it is still illegible Nigel or not?[/quote]

Nope. Sorry, my mistake, 9th is Saturday - not friday. It''s fine then [Y]

[/quote]

Ahh! Sorry, it''s the 8th, so the question is still valid. Hopefully you can let me know Nigel [Y]

[/quote]

Shaun, if you want to keep the game as your selection that''s fine but obviously Fellas won''t be able to consider it for the final selections.

[/quote]

Thanks for that. In that case, I''ll keep tommorows game as my selection this week.

However, so that I''m not completely unnattached from Fellas selections this week. I''d also like to suggest Benfica to beat Trofense, as this was the 2nd best nap I could find during my search. Obviously I know that this will not count towards my personal overall score, the friday night game will.

I didn''t want to just select a game for the benefit of my personal score, so I thought I''d add a suggestion towards fellas and the Pup''s collective Selections this week. If that makes sense.

But I''m still going with VVV [Y]

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Gonna have to be MAN UTD for me too this week.

Eddie, I''ll be in touch early next week about the trophies [Y]

Leeds canary (Young Gun)

[/quote]

That''s great Kev, thanks for sorting those out. I remember how chuffed Ray was when he told me about it.[Y]

I just realised I haven''t left a selection this week[:O] Portugal for me :-

Sporting Lisbon     V      Setubal     Home Win

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Well it''s time to go out with a flourish (last one this week nige[:$]) so I''ve searched high and low and come up

Inverness Caledonian Thistle V Hamilton Academical haven''t got a clue who going to win just thought I''d test my new keyboard

For my nap this week is Hull City v''s Stoke Away win

As previously said a big thanks to Nutty for continuing the bet and wish all the PUPs a good summer.

[/quote]

ha ha !!

My final nap of the season is.....Burnley to beat Reading!

Having lived there for 15 years or so and having loads of mates who are Burnley fans, they are really positive about their form leading into the playoffs. And I feel Reading''s form is currently in a bit of a trough (only scoring twice against us!).

Nutty - just to echo other sentiments, I was a PUP virgin until this season and have enjoyed my first season immensely. I will be up in the top 5 next season if we manage to continue so watch out you top PUP pickers! You are a total star for carrying on Ray''s legacy and I am very happy that it''s in safe hands.

Thanks Nutty Nigel - and Thank you Ray.

My final nap for this season is going to be Chievo V Inter Milan - away win

I''ve also enjoyed my first season as a PUP, I still remember Ray welcoming me when i posted my first ever nap (about 34 or 35 weeks ago if i''m not mistaken) Well done to Nutty Nigel for his sterling work on this thread with all his stats etc. and also well done to all pickers as i think that this is the only thread that is worthy of posting on throughout the entire message board.

Enjoy summer and bring on next season when hopefully we can raise yet more money for a very very good cause! 

Hi guys, I''ve got the 6. Gotta say that it''s a tough week (not to give myself an excuse if it goes tits up). Thanks to all the PUP''s this week for the naps and to every picker this season. Absolutely tons of yer and Ray would be proud of the success the free-bet has has this season. Thanks to Nutty too for keeping this going. All us PUP''s are grateful for all the effort you''ve put into this. And lastly thanks to Billy for giving us the oppotunity to do this. Anyways here are the six:1. Sporting Lisbon to beat Setubal - Looks a good one. One team at the top, one at the bottom. One in good form, one not. Think it looks nailed on2. FC Kopenhagen to beat Nordsjaelland - Got a bit of soft spot for FCK after they dumped Man U outta the Champions League a few years ago. Currently dominating the Danish League and are against a lowly lying team.3. Man U to beat Man City - Not quite sure about this. Man City have shocked Man U quite a bit over the past few seasons but then again Man U are in top form and with a win all but garantee the title. Man City have been a bit iffy (although not on a bad run) can''t see Man U not winning this one though and I can''t side against all those top PUP''s4.Fenerbache to beat Denizilispor - Inch is a top napper and this one looks good to me. As he pointed out Turkey has been a happy hunting ground all season and this one has all the looks of a banker5. Dortmund to beat Karlsruher - On paper this looks a cert and that''s why I''ve gone for it. Perhaps a bit dodgey that Karlsruher might be really fired up for it but I think this is a good nap at a good value.And lastly my nap, which I''m afraid to say wasn''t taken up this week. I had been waiting all week to see Ginger Pele pop up with it, considering his borderline obsession with this team:6. Almeria to beat Gijon - Almeria are joint 3rd best team at home and Gijon have been poor all season. Almeria run into this game on good form despite being mid-table. Although they have nothing but pride to play for and Gijon are fighting to stay up Almeria have shown good spirit in their recent games (despite putting a big effort against Deportivo in vain 2 weeks ago). I think (quoted on oddschecker) at evens (approx.) they are a very good shout and they are my 6th.Good luck all you PUP''s this week and hopefully we can end the season with a bang.

Sorry if I''m a little late with my pick this week, ''work'' commitments. Haven''t really had chance to assess much, so I can only lend weight to Man Yoo. So.......

Man Yoo vs Manchester Citeh - home win.

Good luck everyone!

Eddie, as last week, just thought I would ensure you found my result from tonight.

VVV beat FC Omniworld 4-1, which means my personal season as a PUP ends in winning ways.

Good luck Fellas. Let''s hope we end the season with a win for the academy aswell.

[Y]

Great picks there Fellas. I''ll be giving them to Billy in the morning[Y]

Thanks Shaun and well done, you had a great season as a picker, Ray would be proud of you.

Greetings PUPs The bet is on so thanks to Fellas and Billy Dixon we have :-

2/7    Sporting Lisbon       (nutty)
2/7    FC Copenhagen      (DDoris)
2/5    Man Utd      (AJ, MisterC, Angel, Beaus, GrahamH, SBKTR, Jim, Pete, Norfolkch, Leeds, Fonejack)
1/2    Fenerbache           (Inchy)
7/15  Dortmund               (Hissing Sid)
Evs   Almeria                  (Fellas)

Which will win for the Academy £91.82p.  Which is considerably more than when I ran the same bet through Ladbrokes and found the return would only be £64.90. Even though I say this every week it’s always worth repeating -  Billy would welcome each and one of you PUPs and treat your bets the same as this.
Now we kick off at 2:30 with Dortmund. Copenhagen kick off at 4pm and Fenerbache na hour later at 5. Sporting Lisbon are at 9pm tonight. All being well we will go undefeated over night and then it’s Man Utd tomorrow lunchtime followed by America at 4pm. Well done Fellas and good luck all you PUPs.

As Trent hasn’t been on his selection will be the one he left last week which is Raith.