Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

An Important Announcement

I have news that most of you will have guessed already but I can all but confirm it.

Ian Crook WILL be the next manager of Norwich City FC. This was agreed when he came back from Austrailia and is in his contract.

I am sure I will get slated and questioned but I can tell you that this information comes from an extremely good source who has inside knowledge of the club.

Would rather have Crook as a coach than manager. Don''t feel that''s a step forward.

Aaaarrrgghhhh..... It''s probably true as well (at least it''s not beyond the realms of possibility).

I''m sorry, but the current management team have clearly shown that they don''t have what it takes to make a difference. If Crook or Butterworth were worthy of the job, it would have shown in the 18 games they were in charge, guiding Gunn through management. And they failed to a horrific extent, no two ways about it. Losing 5 out of 6 absolute must win games.... I really can''t put my dissapointment into words.

As much as i admire and respect these legends, they simply do not have what it takes, and i''ll be absolutely gutted if another one takes charge. I guarantee it will lead to their humiliation, and their failure will most probably trivialise all that they have done for us in the past.

It''s a masive joke, and i''m sure that if i wasn''t a City fan i''d be laughing my head off right now.

If the Board dragged Chippy back from Australia on a "promise", without any evidence of how he could work, and what he could do, over here, in even a short time, then thats yet another crazy decision.But Management and Recruitment decisions should no longer be theirs to make. They have forfitted the right, no, privilige to shape any part of the future of this club.

[quote user="Pi$$ed as a Mattress"]

I have news that most of you will have guessed already but I can all but confirm it.

Ian Crook WILL be the next manager of Norwich City FC. This was agreed when he came back from Austrailia and is in his contract.

I am sure I will get slated and questioned but I can tell you that this information comes from an extremely good source who has inside knowledge of the club.

[/quote/]

Not doubting you but if they have made such a decision at such an early stage it''s ludicrous, what about if someone comes in and buys the club and the new owner doesn''t want Crook as the new manager? Yet another poor decision to add to their ever growing list.

If that were the case then surely Gunn would be aware of this and would hardly be talking about wanting the job next season......?

[quote user="John"]

Aaaarrrgghhhh..... It''s probably true as well (at least it''s not beyond the realms of possibility).

I''m sorry, but the current management team have clearly shown that they don''t have what it takes to make a difference. If Crook or Butterworth were worthy of the job, it would have shown in the 18 games they were in charge, guiding Gunn through management. And they failed to a horrific extent, no two ways about it. Losing 5 out of 6 absolute must win games.... I really can''t put my dissapointment into words.

As much as i admire and respect these legends, they simply do not have what it takes, and i''ll be absolutely gutted if another one takes charge. I guarantee it will lead to their humiliation, and their failure will most probably trivialise all that they have done for us in the past.

It''s a masive joke, and i''m sure that if i wasn''t a City fan i''d be laughing my head off right now.

[/quote]

Why is it so hard for the Board to treat football as a cold business like everyone else?

Gunn & co weren''t experienced enough to do this job they were given it for all the wrong reasons as our relegation has shown. Gunn & co had 4 months of football, a January transfer window consequencing in 9 players being brought in (McDonald, Killen, Gow, Leijer, Shakell, Cureton, Lee, Mooney & Carney) and a team which had not strayed below the relegation line all season.

To give any of them the job next season smacks of pure delusion, irrational logic and madness stumbling into insanity.

All 4 of the new management team haven''t done their jobs, which resulted in our relegation.

As ruthless as it sounds, not one of them should be in a managerial position come August.

[quote user="John"]

[/quote]

When will the Board stop acting like over emotional fools? They must start acting like cold business people like those in charge at every other club in the Championship this season.

Gunn and co should never have been given the job due to holding no qualifications or experience. Don''t forget they had 4 months of football left to play, a January transfer window (resulting in 9 players being brought in) and a team which had never strayed below the relegation line all season.

To hire any of them for next season is rewarding failure and put bluntly it is is madness straying into insanity.

The Board must bloody wake up. 

If he does get the job, then it really is the death knell for the club!

Clueless doesn''t even begin to describe the inept, no-thought way in which they appoint managers....and i use the term ''managers'' very loosely!

[quote user="Spineless Fooks."]All 4 of the new management team haven''t done their jobs, which resulted in our relegation. As ruthless as it sounds, not one of them should be in a managerial position come August.[/quote]

Totally agree.

It won''t be Crook, he is returning to Oz as his missus doesn''t want to come to England full time.

I have heard that that gunny and butterworth contracts are only 6 months and crooky is 2 years. So with the comment of manager that could be true. His Mrs is going to have to stay in australia then on her own otherwise we are going to have to pay him off.

to be fair it doesn''t take a genius to work it out. Crook is going to leave a secure job thousands of miles away to play second fiddle for 4 months? i think not.. he has come here to influence the squad and warm them to his way of thinking before taking over permanently.. said it when he arrived..

was Gunn just the fall guy or the face of the team this season? was it Really Crook pulling the strings behind the scenes?

jas :)

lan Crook would be a great choice of manager but not with Gunn or Butterworth, he has not been promised the job, but l know he would love the chance. His job has been ''lst team coach'' l question whether he has been allowed to do this job properly. Chippy is a great coach with a great reputation, if he could bring in the people he wants at the club, lm sure they could get us back up, we would be a fitter and a better  balanced  side than we are now. Fitness is the key to next season. I would like to see Dion and Chippy.  Lets get this great club back to where it should be.

Great, if true, another useless appointment. He, like Grant, insisted on bringing players from a certain country (Australia) that he knew well. Those players (Killen, Carney, Leijer) were no good.

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]

lan Crook would be a great choice of manager but not with Gunn or Butterworth, he has not been promised the job, but l know he would love the chance. His job has been ''lst team coach'' l question whether he has been allowed to do this job properly. Chippy is a great coach with a great reputation, if he could bring in the people he wants at the club, lm sure they could get us back up, we would be a fitter and a better  balanced  side than we are now. Fitness is the key to next season. I would like to see Dion and Chippy.  Lets get this great club back to where it should be.

[/quote]

Have you heard anymore about this potential takeover chipp?

IF this is true I would not entirely dismiss it without seeing first who Crook brought in to his coaching staff. Should he land say an experienced or charismatic leader as his No 2 or first team coach, I would be ok with that. Most of you are saying how we need this much sought after ''experienced '' manager. Remember Mr Roeder anyone?

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]

lan Crook would be a great choice of manager but not with Gunn or Butterworth, he has not been promised the job, but l know he would love the chance. His job has been ''lst team coach'' l question whether he has been allowed to do this job properly. Chippy is a great coach with a great reputation, if he could bring in the people he wants at the club, lm sure they could get us back up, we would be a fitter and a better  balanced  side than we are now. Fitness is the key to next season. I would like to see Dion and Chippy.  Lets get this great club back to where it should be.

[/quote]

I think you know your onions and I remember you getting everything spot on before. Dion and Chippy would be great.

At the end of the day leadership off the pitch is important, but leadership on the pitch is vital. we haven`t had this since Malky / Gary Holt left the building. I hand on heart can`t think off any of the current squad that would inspire me in a crisis!! (and this is reflected by the fact that Korey Smith was trying to boost morale during yesterdays game, I mean for goodness sake an 18 year old youth player attempting to hold the line. No disrespect to the lad, he is one of the few to come out of this week end with any respect!!!!)