Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

nothing agaisnt the big man

if bryan gunn gets the job,

i will hand my 2 season tickets back, will never attend a game, wont be buying the shirts for me and my son that i do every season,i will be an arm chair and radio norfolk supporter!!

it just cant happen!!!

enough is enough

I see where you''re coming from. I''ll still try and make as many games as i can, provided we aren''t the laughing stock of League 1.

I have nothing against Gunn, in fact I have masses of respect for him for taking a job that no one really wanted and because he''s an NCFC legend. But he isn''t a manager, and appointing him would be a bad move. It''s probably what''ll happen though, as the board will want a cheap option, and they''ll be safe in the knowledge that the fans won''t turn on him any time soon.

His transfer market punts have been ok but how can we seriously consider him after going into the last 6 matches with survival in our hands and then manage to capitulate with 5 defeats out of 6? I love him, but he isn''t a manager any more than I''m a footballer. I''d love to play for Norwich and I''m passionate about them, but that isn''t enough to warrant my fat a*se a place on the team.

[quote user="city till i die"]if bryan gunn gets the job, i will hand my 2 season tickets back, will never attend a game, wont be buying the shirts for me and my son that i do every season,i will be an arm chair and radio norfolk supporter!! it just cant happen!!! enough is enough[/quote]

Your not a fan [:p] [:D]

His transfer punts relegated us , worst manager in Norwich Citys history , well he would be if he was a manager , right now he is just a bloody joke trying to keep a job he does not have any right to.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]His transfer punts relegated us , worst manager in Norwich Citys history , well he would be if he was a manager , right now he is just a bloody joke trying to keep a job he does not have any right to.
[/quote]

What??? Worse than Hamilton?? Worse than Roeder???  You''re talking from the arse

HOW IM I NOT A FAN???

rather than going to carrow road today protesting!! (its not going to work)

im not going to put a single penny into the boards pockets, untill we get a manager who knows

1 what there doing

2 has a decent record in bringing in youth,

3 doesnt hold grudges, with the current squad

4 can win games

5 can motavate what hes got!!!

Way worse than Roeder , we would still be in the championship now if we hadnt given the job to Gunn , the mans a clown.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Way worse than Roeder , we would still be in the championship now if we hadnt given the job to Gunn , the mans a clown.
[/quote]

Utter b**locks.  We would have been relegated under Roeder weeks ago.

[quote user="No Quarter"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]His transfer punts relegated us , worst manager in Norwich Citys history , well he would be if he was a manager , right now he is just a bloody joke trying to keep a job he does not have any right to.[/quote]

What??? Worse than Hamilton?? Worse than Roeder???  You''re talking from the arse

[/quote] Roeder may not be everybodys cup of tea but he has managed at several clubs , Bryan Gunn wouldnt get entertained for a managers role at any other club in the country , why , because HE IS NOT A MANAGER , 5 defeats in the last 6 , man is worse than crap.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Way worse than Roeder , we would still be in the championship now if we hadnt given the job to Gunn , the mans a clown.[/quote]

Utter b**locks.  We would have been relegated under Roeder weeks ago.

[/quote]  How comes he kept us up last season then ? i bet if we appointed the clown last season we would have been in league 1 this year .

roeder was a c*u*n*t and needed to go,

are tight a*r*s*e board wouldnt go out and get a ady boothroyd or whoever,

no they come up with gunny!!!! its them to blame, gunny tryed and failed, if he kept us up everyone would be licking his a*r*s*e today!!!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="No Quarter"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]His transfer punts relegated us , worst manager in Norwich Citys history , well he would be if he was a manager , right now he is just a bloody joke trying to keep a job he does not have any right to.
[/quote]

[/quote] Roeder may not be everybodys cup of tea but he has managed at several clubs , Bryan Gunn wouldnt get entertained for a managers role at any other club in the country , why , because HE IS NOT A MANAGER , 5 defeats in the last 6 , man is worse than crap.
[/quote]

Managed at several clubs and fired by several clubs - wow what a manager he must be.  Gunny will be a quality manager with HIS players, not the left overs from Roeder.  And no, I dont mean the desperation loans he brought in, I mean actual players he will sign.

You cant blame the manager 4 everything and the teams performances against teams like wolves and birmingham were immense. We will be back better and stronger. Can some fans please show some positivity!!!!!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]His transfer punts relegated us , worst manager in Norwich Citys history , well he would be if he was a manager , right now he is just a bloody joke trying to keep a job he does not have any right to.[/quote]

What??? Worse than Hamilton?? Worse than Roeder???[/quote]

I would say Gunn has been worse than Roeder.

[quote user="city till i die"]gunny tryed and failed, if he kept us up everyone would be licking his a*r*s*e today!!![/quote]Well done Einstein.

[quote user="city till i die"]roeder was a c*u*n*t and needed to go,

are tight a*r*s*e board wouldnt go out and get a ady boothroyd or whoever,

no they come up with gunny!!!! its them to blame, gunny tryed and failed, if he kept us up everyone would be licking his a*r*s*e today!!![/quote]footy - and life - is a results driven business,,,and on this score gunny failed - - - but for me,,,he also fell short on performances - especially when it mattered in the final run in,,,and for that - he must go...its delusional to think otherwise,,,i hope gunny thinks long and hard about his talents and whether he ''knows'' he can do the job and get us promoted...cos i seriously doubt he can...

And Mr Gunn who claims to have the best interests of the club at heart should resign , but he wont will he , he would rather burden the club he supposedly loves with a crap manager .Gunn is only interested in one thing and thats the fame of Bryan Gunn , its all gone to his head.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="city till i die"]gunny tryed and failed, if he kept us up everyone would be licking his a*r*s*e today!!![/quote]Well done Einstein. [/quote]

but he still shouldnt off been put in that position by the board members,

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And Mr Gunn who claims to have the best interests of the club at heart should resign , but he wont will he , he would rather burden the club he supposedly loves with a crap manager .Gunn is only interested in one thing and thats the fame of Bryan Gunn , its all gone to his head.
[/quote]

Bryan Gunn is not, never was and never will be in it for the fame !  

He only had to say no thanks to the Board and if anything his own daughter was as much to blame , but lets be honest he won that home game against Barnsley (who we usually thrash , 5 wasnt it under Roeder the season before) and he got a taste for it , and he still has the taste for it and thats clouding his judgement , he thinks hes a good manager and hes oh so wrong.

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And Mr Gunn who claims to have the best interests of the club at heart should resign , but he wont will he , he would rather burden the club he supposedly loves with a crap manager .Gunn is only interested in one thing and thats the fame of Bryan Gunn , its all gone to his head.[/quote]

[/quote] So why does he want the job ? hes proved beyond any shadow of doubt hes no good at it so what makes him want to carry on ?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And Mr Gunn who claims to have the best interests of the club at heart should resign , but he wont will he , he would rather burden the club he supposedly loves with a crap manager .Gunn is only interested in one thing and thats the fame of Bryan Gunn , its all gone to his head.
[/quote]

[/quote] So why does he want the job ? hes proved beyond any shadow of doubt hes no good at it so what makes him want to carry on ?
[/quote]

He wants it too much to let it go. He''s telling himself it wasn''t his fault and the players let them down etc etc even though he knows at the back of his mind he''s at least partially to blame.

I just hope he can be eased out rather than hounded out. He''s an honourable man and he''s done his best regardless of how it''s turned out.

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And Mr Gunn who claims to have the best interests of the club at heart should resign , but he wont will he , he would rather burden the club he supposedly loves with a crap manager .Gunn is only interested in one thing and thats the fame of Bryan Gunn , its all gone to his head.[/quote]

[/quote] So why does he want the job ? hes proved beyond any shadow of doubt hes no good at it so what makes him want to carry on ? [/quote]

He wants it too much to let it go. He''s telling himself it wasn''t his fault and the players let them down etc etc even though he knows at the back of his mind he''s at least partially to blame.

I just hope he can be eased out rather than hounded out. He''s an honourable man and he''s done his best regardless of how it''s turned out.

[/quote] Exactly who after being top dog wants to be demoted ? nobody and it would be very hard for Gunn to take another role at the club after being top dog . Therefore hes trying to convince himself he is the right man when its clear as crystal he is not , what happens next year when we are struggling and hes still saying he is the right man , thats why it was a mistake appointing him because if he wont walk somebody sometime is going to have to sack him . When Gunn loses this job he will almost certainly leave the club , who wants to be in hospitality when you were once manager ? nobody it would be to much of a come down.

I''m not going to say anything about the "R" word as last time I posted I got accused of gloating - which I wasn''t. All I will say is that it does not do the region any good to have one of the ''big'' clubs in a lower league, and that I''ll miss the derbies that are always the first dates everyone looks for on the fixture list.

On the other subjects floating round, my views as an outsider are:

1. Gunn

It was a calculated gamble to bring in a ''legend''. Bearing in mind that the results were not picking up and R was on the cards, I would assume the powers-that-be were relying on the short term impact that a mew manager has by lifting a team and getting them to play above thmselves for a few games.  Added to this normal scenario, a ''legend'' doing it should be a double whammy.  Unfortuantely, as looks increasingly likely at Newcastle, the "norm" failed - results continued the same and from the outside based on the derby and also Chalrton, the lack of fight and passion to haul themselves out of the mire was to say the least discappointing to see. I would not expect Gunn to be manager next season as I don''t see (from the outside) what he can offer long term if he failed to lift the team short term. You need someone experienced in coaching and getting the best out of a squad with (no doubt) not a huge amount of money to be spent on either transfers or wages.  Thats why we got Joe Royle (good) and Jim Magilton (bad). Not sure who falls into that category that you could afford (can''t think of one off the top of my head), but this appointment will be critical. Maybe Joe Royle would do it for you as he did for us? Would you accept such an appointment? Would he come back down south a second time?

2. Delia

I actually feel sorry for her, which is surprising since I''ve hated her for x no of years since throwing her toys out the pram when the Cobbolds rejected her overtures all those years ago. She tried to do the best she could but football has moved on and now she finds herself way out of her depth.  I''m sure she thought that NCFC would be her sideline to enjoy and now she finds at a stage in life when most millionaires are putting their feet up and enjoying the fruits of their labour, that she has to work even more to stand still (or go backwards), with no real way out. Not a position any of us would relish I''m sure.

3. Chief Exec.

Should take a lot of the blame. He is responsible for running the club day to day. Failed. As per my previous post I really do suggest that you get Derek Bowden in. Not only is he a great guy who commands the utmost respect from us supporters for his handling of a financial crises, he now has all this experience ready to use again - you can''t ''buy'' this!!

4. Administration

Don''t go there! That would really set you back 3 years++. I don''t see Delia going there as she will lose the majority of the investment she has. Anyway, it''s a legal thing so if it happens its due to being insolvent not somebodies wish.

5. Players

Get Lee. He is a good player, but you will find sometimes not up for the game. Just remember that whilst he is making noises about wanting to come (he lives in Dedham so a commute is easy) as like anyone else he may not want to sacrifice his salary, so it could be a case of "all things being equal this would be an ideal move for me".  At ITFC he was on about £10k a week.  Not sure about Palarse.... A transfer fee could be a problem - not too many who are in L1 can spend hundreds of ''000s.

Not sure if you''d be willing, but there are 13 players out of contract down the road that for whatever reason are unlikely to get offered deals now. I firmly believe that 4 or 5 of them are good enough for the championship at least and the younger ones especially have the optential to go higher.  As with lee, not moving house could be a big draw and most are not on huge wages being younger.  A quick rundown on who would be good for you based on who I''d keep here (can''t remember all of them): Bruce - he will aim higher (although he thinks he is better than he is). Campo NO. Miller NO. Bowditch YES. Trotter YES.  Clarke YES. Richards YES (been harshly treated in my viw). Harding NO (Reading must see something I haven''t although rumour has it the JM relationship was a personal non football thing). Casement ?? (never fulfilled undoubted potential). Supple YES. Thatcher YES (but probably expensive).

Finally.  Good luck. I want the derbies back!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="No Quarter"]

[/quote] Roeder may not be everybodys cup of tea but he has managed at several clubs , Bryan Gunn wouldnt get entertained for a managers role at any other club in the country , why , because HE IS NOT A MANAGER , 5 defeats in the last 6 , man is worse than crap.[/quote]You''re talking utter dribble sir.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="No Quarter"]

[/quote] Roeder may not be everybodys cup of tea but he has managed at several clubs , Bryan Gunn wouldnt get entertained for a managers role at any other club in the country , why , because HE IS NOT A MANAGER , 5 defeats in the last 6 , man is worse than crap.[/quote]You''re talking utter dribble sir. [/quote] No i am talking sense but you cannot see it because you are one of the fools who want to give the job to Gunn , do you really enjoy seeing your team relegated that much .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]He only had to say no thanks to the Board and if anything his own daughter was as much to blame , but lets be honest he won that home game against Barnsley (who we usually thrash , 5 wasnt it under Roeder the season before) and he got a taste for it , and he still has the taste for it and thats clouding his judgement , he thinks hes a good manager and hes oh so wrong.[/quote]Again!! you''re talking dribble. His daughter is to blame? Wiz is this you? Sorry, but I think a lot of fans have a clouded judgement on anything Norwich at the moment and want something to blame... There''s no point trying to talk sense into people like you. Who do you think actually really wanted the job? There really wasn''t many i can tell you.Who will want the job now we''re in league one? even less.