Sign in to follow this  
thebigfeller

Heart FM tomorrow morning between 6 and 9

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I have emailed Cullum to ask if he has been told to shut up, but he hasn''t responded.[/quote]

Why do you expect him to respond ?

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Norfolkjourno"]It would be up to the other media outlets to approach Graham, i do not know what Graham is planning. Nikki.[/quote]

Do you have contact details for yourself Nikki?

Who on this messageboard has any close contacts with the National Press?

Where is Cam when he could be some use???

[/quote]

I believe someone on here said they knew Mr Tweed, maybe they could contact him and ask him to go to the national press or sky sports with this story. It is certainly time we were given a full explanation as to why they seem to be making it so difficult for anyone to get involved with the club, with the position we are in I can''t believe they seem to dismiss any interested parties without even hearing what they have to offer.

[/quote]

That would be me kdncfc, although as i said in that thread last summer it''s not a personal relationship, I had business dealings with him and his company, Sabrefix, although this was some time ago. I do know someone who knows Graham quite well though. I''ll put in a call tomorrow and see if I can get him to contact Graham and see if he would be prepared to speak to the national press, although if Archant are worth their salt, they will have already done this.....

[/quote]

Nice one.

[/quote]

Phone call has been made as promised. I''ll post back up if anything comes of it.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

very interesting stuff. I can''t believe why people aren''t going absolutely mental over this thread (and to be fair some of us are) if ever people wanted proof that there is now and has previously been significant interest in investing into Norwich City FC then all you have to do is thread this thread, click and read the link posted by Moanin Riverender, click and listen to the Heart FM Broadcast and you have the proof. Well and truly nails the myth that "nobody is mad enough to invest in football clubs these days"

And why oh why isn''t the EDP running this as a front page story?????????????????

[/quote]

Yeah, proof positive, I don'' think.

I just listened to the Heart FM interview. and as I said on another thread it all seemed a bit too vague to be honest. The timing of the supposed interest was also not clear. Tweed would not give any information at all on the Indian investors but said it was common knowledge who they were because they are already on the brink of completing the purchase of a premiership club. Anybody know which club he is referring to ?! If true then it would have taken months to get to that point so this indicates that Tweed is referring to putative interest from an anonymous group of Indian investors to buy a club in Norfolk some time last year and when they were "rebuffed" they said "well, we really wanted to buy Norwich but we''ll have to go off and buy a premiership club now". All extremely unlikely in my opinion.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"] The timing of the supposed interest was also not clear.

[/quote]

Evening News first ran this story back in September 2008.

Father-of-two Mr Tweed, who lives in Saham Toney and whose nephew Jack is the on-off boyfriend of Big Brother star Jade Goody, told the Evening News: “I am back for two weeks from America and I am talking to a football club.

“If people who run clubs are prepared to be a bit less stringent and more flexible to opening up grounds for other uses so the money is not just running down the drain, then I might be interested.”

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Lord Snooty"] The timing of the supposed interest was also not clear.

[/quote]

Father-of-two Mr Tweed, who lives in Saham Toney and whose nephew Jack is the on-off boyfriend of Big Brother star Jade Goody, told the Evening News: “I am back for two weeks from America and I am talking to a football club.

“If people who run clubs are prepared to be a bit less stringent and more flexible to opening up grounds for other uses so the money is not just running down the drain, then I might be interested.”

[/quote]

Thanks Pete. The timing of the supposed interest in the interview wasn''t clear in the Heart interview but on the basis that the Evening News ran the story last September we''re talking about a time when the atmosphere at the club was very very different from what it is now - there was a great deal of optimism at the time, Roeder had "saved" us from relegation the previous season, new players brought in, the normally reserved Roeder was talking up our prospects for the season ahead. Delia was still talking about being receptive to incoming investment but only from the "right people". Therefore, I doubt that Mr Tweed, whose claim to fame seems to be that he was the uncle of the man who was boyfriend to the late Jade Goody, would have come across as being very credible and I very much doubt that he would have had or still has anything of real or deifinite substance to make the Club and its owners take him one bit seriously.

Not sure on the dates but wasn''t September 2008 when the Turners walked and there was supposed renewed interest from PC?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Not sure on the dates but wasn''t September 2008 when the Turners walked and there was supposed renewed interest from PC?[/quote]

Pete why are you web team and not Peter Parker investigative journalist?

That was a well placed aside comment. Cullum Tweed Turners. Try joining all the dots.

No wonder Doncaster gets them all to sign non disclosure clauses!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Because I can''t remember what happened yesterday let alone last year....

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Because I can''t remember what happened yesterday let alone last year....

[/quote]

Must have been good stuff you brought back from the cricket then[;)]

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Pete. The timing of the supposed interest in the interview wasn''t clear in the Heart interview but on the basis that the Evening News ran the story last September we''re talking about a time when the atmosphere at the club was very very different from what it is now - there was a great deal of optimism at the time, Roeder had "saved" us from relegation the previous season, new players brought in, the normally reserved Roeder was talking up our prospects for the season ahead. Delia was still talking about being receptive to incoming investment but only from the "right people". Therefore, I doubt that Mr Tweed, whose claim to fame seems to be that he was the uncle of the man who was boyfriend to the late Jade Goody, would have come across as being very credible and I very much doubt that he would have had or still has anything of real or deifinite substance to make the Club and its owners take him one bit seriously.

[/quote]

Yes I can''t even recall reading this story before, like you say the general atmosphere amongst City fans was fairly relaxed and upbeat at that time, if the EDP ran this story now it would get a far bigger reaction from the fans i''m sure.

Update:

I have received a response for Cullum, but nothing new to report.

He feels the whole situation is depressing and the shares held by Delia and friends are worthless. The club is in decline with a heavy increasing debt.

He has also confirmed that he has agreed with the board to make no formal statement or comment on the subject of future investment.

All in all we will probably never get to the truth. It''s a matter of who you believe.

It seems Delia won''t sell up, because she won''t get her money back and I feel that is what it''s all about.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where is the full article previously published in the EDP then Pete?

I don''t recall seeing anything and I am sure that I would of heard if such interest in investment had actually been turned away and reported in the manner it was on Heart FM yesterday.

Archant, needs to republish their initial story or start making some serious enquiries.

If the two quotes you can have posted above are the best you can come up with it is no wonder we have never got to the bottom of this.

Pathetic Journalism from Archant!!!

PS - I notice how this still has not been pinned to the top of this messageboard.

Once and for all it appears the question of whether Archant is too cosy with the club has been well and truly answered!!!

The previous piece on Tweedy suggested that he was the interested party and not that he was working on behalf of another interested party.

I agree with Smudger surely this deserves top of the page status and much more investigation.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Update:

I have received a response for Cullum, but nothing new to report.

He feels the whole situation is depressing and the shares held by Delia and friends are worthless. The club is in decline with a heavy increasing debt.

He has also confirmed that he has agreed with the board to make no formal statement or comment on the subject of future investment.

All in all we will probably never get to the truth. It''s a matter of who you believe.

It seems Delia won''t sell up, because she won''t get her money back and I feel that is what it''s all about.[/quote]James, an interesting reply from Cullum, and especially the bit about the shares held by Delia and others being worthless. It would be useful if you could quote the email verbatim here to see exactly what he said.There is obviously no problem as far as confidentiality is concerned in you doing that, since you have already quoted extensively from the email using reported speech.

I''m afraid I can''t post the email, because that isn''t allowed and would be deleted.

What I have written is not a quote just an explanation of what is said in my own words.

James, the trouble with that is that if the email was confidential then you''ve already broken the code of conduct by saying what was in it. The fact you used reported speech is irrelevant. You said Cullum emailed you to say Delia''s shares were worthless. That is interesting. You don''t need to quote the whole email - just that section, to see exactly what he said. You''ve already said what he said, so the quote itself will do no harm.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]James, the trouble with that is that if the email was confidential then you''ve already broken the code of conduct by saying what was in it. The fact you used reported speech is irrelevant.

You said Cullum emailed you to say Delia''s shares were worthless. That is interesting. You don''t need to quote the whole email - just that section, to see exactly what he said. You''ve already said what he said, so the quote itself will do no harm.
[/quote]

I do agree with this point PURPLE... [Y]

[quote user="Soldier on"]

The previous piece on Tweedy suggested that he was the interested party and not that he was working on behalf of another interested party.

I agree with Smudger surely this deserves top of the page status and much more investigation.

[/quote]

Agreed here as well, unless there are people who would much rather the story just conveniently died?

Lord Snooty - How apt!

OK it may be true that the email was intended to be confidential.

But I wrote to Cullum as a fan and I am just telling other fans what he said.

I should correct myself and say he actually said ''Virtually worthless''

Here is the full quote from that section:

Cullum says:

''The unpalatable truth for the principal shareholders is the fact their shares are virtually worthless. Heavily in debt and an ever increasing trading loss and playing in the third division is a grim reality''.

I hope this doesn''t get deleted!

Thanks Jim Kent, if only Delia could see it this way and then maybe just maybe this club could have moved forward by now, I understand that she has spent alot of her wealth in hoovering up all these shares but at the end of the day her shares are worth next to nothing then they are worth next to nothing.

thanks for the latest info Jim, unpalatable truth for Delia indeed! could have handed over to Cullum and been the revered figurehead of a succesfull club now, instead she''s hell bent on dragging us all down with her, and will end up with nothing if she carries on. The comparison with Thatcher, not realising when her time is up is spot on.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]OK it may be true that the email was intended to be confidential.

But I wrote to Cullum as a fan and I am just telling other fans what he said.

I should correct myself and say he actually said ''Virtually worthless''

Here is the full quote from that section:

Cullum says:

''The unpalatable truth for the principal shareholders is the fact their shares are virtually worthless. Heavily in debt and an ever increasing trading loss and playing in the third division is a grim reality''.

I hope this doesn''t get deleted![/quote]James, thanks for that. I wasn''t trying to be hard on you, but am I right in thinking you were the poster who was hoping to switch into journalism? If so, the best of luck with that. If not, apologies for mixing you up with someone else.However I suppose I thought that if that was the case then being precise about what Cullum had said was important. Against that, a good piece of journalism to get the quotes out of Cullum.Of course, given that, the other point, which is not directed at you, is that those comments from Cullum are a rather odd way of keeping to the confidentiality clause agreed to by both sides.

Purple,

I am a keen freelance writer - yes. You can see my articles on my website.

Obviously If I was writing for the EDP, I would use direct quotes, but I was concerned it would be deleted if I did that on this forum.

I know direct emails get deleted.

I think the point on the confidentially agreement is he can''t go into the direct precise details of what happened. They can''t prevent Cullum stating his opinion.

I have considered approaching Cullum for an interview, but it would be pointless, because of that agreement.

Purple

As our resident Cullumgate expert then would you agree that this seems to strongly suggest that the reason any deal never got beyond the initial approach stage is probably because PC made it clear from the outset that he regarded the shares as virtually worthless?

The more I hear of this whole episode the more questions it raises. I hope that the meeting next week does not become focused solely on the Gunn debate and that issues like this can also be discussed and maybe followed up by NCISA on behalf of the fanbase.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I think it''s quite clear that Cullum wanted to invest in the playing squad and not Delia''s shares.[/quote]James, Cullum stated publicly he didn''t want to buy out Smith and Jones, which would only leave the option of acquiring new shares.But that in itself wasn''t terribly important. The important factor always was what price Cullum would have to pay to acquire a majority holding, whether it was Smith and Jones''s 61.2 per cent, or new shares. 

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Purple

As our resident Cullumgate expert then would you agree that this seems to strongly suggest that the reason any deal never got beyond the initial approach stage is probably because PC made it clear from the outset that he regarded the shares as virtually worthless?

The more I hear of this whole episode the more questions it raises. I hope that the meeting next week does not become focused solely on the Gunn debate and that issues like this can also be discussed and maybe followed up by NCISA on behalf of the fanbase.

[/quote]Jim, yes, you''re absolutely right. About me being the resident Cullumgate expert!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jim Kent"]I think it''s quite clear that Cullum wanted to invest in the playing squad and not Delia''s shares.[/quote]James, Cullum stated publicly he didn''t want to buy out Smith and Jones, which would only leave the option of acquiring new shares.But that in itself wasn''t terribly important. The important factor always was what price Cullum would have to pay to acquire a majority holding, whether it was Smith and Jones''s 61.2 per cent, or new shares.  [/quote]is this the important factor purple. if smith & jones had, at this point(ie at the time of ''cullumgate''), put £20m  into the club, would they not have classified this as a loan, that would then have been converted into even more shares.if you take it that the stowmarket 2 have ''invested'' £12m (which i believe to be the maximum that has been claimed from all sources, i.e. the internet, the media, delia herself), Of which their is none, that is not converted to shares, (other than the possibility of the latest ''£2m'' pound loan (re turners exit- a figure that is disputed  by some on here, but nevertheless).so from £10m investment in shares, plus a £2m loan, DS& MWJ own 61.2% of the club. surely if this is the case, in the simplest terms, does than not mean that a £20m investment from an outside source, along the same lines as the saints input, mean an ownership of shares of around 55% (maths in my head, can''t be bothered to do the predcise maths, but it''s more than 50%),for the £20m investment..surely, if the entire share holding is worth the quoted £16m then an investment of £20m along the same lines of the ''seeking new investment; you can have my shares for nowt; THERE IS NO ONE WHO WANTS TO INVEST'' smith''s procedure of putting in her monies, is worth a majority share holding. unless of course the great and the good are trying to prevent the devil incarnate from buying the club, in which case bravo on them.