Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

the fans forum in full, all questions and answers here. (long Post! will do in 2 sittings)

ok, i took a pen and note book with me and took notes on all events today, have missed out the last 5 questions as by then things were winding down and they didnt make any valid points but everything else is "as is". I am going to do it in 2 or more individual posts so as not to bore you too much or melt your brains by the reading!

Munby and Gunn walked in looking sheepish, Neil Doncaster did no enter with Gunn, Croft and Munby, he was instead at the far end of the room and waitied to make his entry like some kind of hollywood star. Lee Croft looked fed up as soon as he sat down.

Munby kicked off things by saying the board knew exactly how the fans felt and hoped the forum would be a chance for fans to address how they felt, there was lots of heckles and Boos at this stage.

Bryan Gunn said he had to apologise to everyone about Charlton, it wasn''t good enough, he felt responsible as did all the players, again the fans were unhappy... it was then thrown open to the floor.

1. Is Lee Croft staying?

BG - Lee is a good player, a contract has been offered it is down to Lee to decide whether or not his future lies here or elsewhere.

LC - wouldnt give us an answer but did thank the fans for the player of the year award.

2. Why does Neil Doncaster feel the future is bright when the club has been mismanaged and money spent on infrastructure rather than the team, what has happened? (this got a round of applause and visibly angered Doncaster)?

RM- The funds are separate, there is a pot for business issues and a pot for playing budget, Investors will invest in business not in a team. We allocate funds from player sales, fan revenue and money from the board of directors to the playing budget for the manager to spend, it does not go to the infrastructure of the club (angry response from fans).

Munby then passed the mic to Neil Doncaster who was met with a huge chorus of boo''s and cants of "Out out out!" he seemed extremely annoyed by this, he went back to the question and answered:-

ND - taking money away from the playing side to spend on bricks and mortar is simply not true, he mentiioned the finances were based on structured loans, the hotel cost us nothing and the land made us 1 million pounds (he didnt mention the hotels profits/loss interestingly). he mentioned Borrowing from banks to finance the jarrold stand was a necessity, the only other option was a 3 sided ground and reduced attendence. this was not an option. he mentioned that our fane base deserves better and to look at Charlton who have only sold 1000 season tickets for next season compared to our fan base and it shows how rosy the future is (this was lauded and laughed at).

3. we have heard enough from the media, board and management regarding the "demise of the club" but how do the players feel?

LC (looked worried) - good question, i''m not sure, personally as a squad we haven''t been good enough, our results show this and we have finished in the bottom 3 because we simply have not been good enough to compete in the division.

Malcolm robertson of Anglia TV sport was on the panel and then spoke

said he was at the Charlton game as a fan, he mentioned the players perfromance was not good enough with the exception of alan Lee, Korey Smith and Cody Mac. he saiid the team has no leaders and we dont realise just how much we miss people like Malky until now, He said looking at both sides he knows full well who will do well in League 1, who looks better prepared and who will enjoy sucess and he was sorry to say it was Charlton.

RM - we used 41 players this season and there were far too many loans, this upst the team. We must let the manager, whoever it is, manage the team to their abilities and stick with them. (he has said this every time we have had a bloody manager!)

4. Will Hucks come back?

ND -  contracted to San Jose until september, if fit, willing and affordable he could be allowed to return.

BG- Darren loves this football club and is still in cotact with the management team. Roeder got rid of Hucks for whatever reason (fans seemed to think this was gunnys fault, he got some flak for it but handled it well). Gunny said we need more players like Darren and if he gets the job will do his utmost to bring him back, he said the squa here is not good enough and he will make changes...Bryan said he had failed this season as Norwich manager, but will turn it around (he handled heckles rather well.. particualrly from a certain S. Mudger of pinkun).

5. we made a profit on Ashton, sold Earnie for what we bought him for, made money on Francis, McKenzie and others yet sign Jamie cureton for 800,000 and Cody mac for £50,000 where has the transfer money gone?

RM - claimed all funds received have gone into the managers budget, (this was met with a furios response from the floor, i think some doubted this...)

ND - We spent 9 million pounds on wages which is 6 million MORE than we can afford to pay.

this led to a huge gap and many angry shouts.. one chap said it was disgusting, he said the players were taking the mick and should be made to pay some of it back. he directed a comment at Crofty which was he should be ashamed of himself and is he really proud of brining in that money for poor showings? Crofty semed really taken aback and shocked by the question.

ND continued - the board are forking out for players wages to ensure we can afford to bring "quality" to the club....

will type post 2 in a bit...

jas :)

Excellent summary Jas, shame I didn''t bump into you, but was right at the back with that old hooligan Smudger, who true to form said his piece and took the flak from fans who didn''t agree with him and the assembled on the top table.

And to those who don''t believe the club read these boards, Bryan Gunn made reference to them when directing a point at Smudger.

Some excellent points made by several fans, and to the fan who called for togetherness amongst the fanbase, sorry mate, that is simply light years away and IMO is never going to be achieved again under the present people sitting on the board.

Good stuff Jas, can''t believe the board are still so up their own harris''.  At least they faced heckles etc, will be interesting to see your next post.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

ND - We spent 9 million pounds on wages which is 6 million MORE than we can afford to pay.

this led to a huge gap and many angry shouts.. one chap said it was disgusting, he said the players were taking the mick and should be made to pay some of it back. he directed a comment at Crofty which was he should be ashamed of himself and is he really proud of bringing in that money for poor showings? Crofty seemed really taken aback and shocked by the question.

[/quote]Oops… I didn''t mean it to sound as ''pitchfork" as that… just goes to show, when the blood rises, the brain disengages. Still think they''re a bunch of over-paid tarts though![:$]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Excellent summary Jas, shame I didn''t bump into you, but was right at the back with that old hooligan Smudger, who true to form said his piece and took the flak from fans who didn''t agree with him and the assembled on the top table. And to those who don''t believe the club read these boards, Bryan Gunn made reference to them when directing a point at Smudger. Some excellent points made by several fans, and to the fan who called for togetherness amongst the fanbase, sorry mate, that is simply light years away and IMO is never going to be achieved again under the present people sitting on the board.[/quote]

Gazza....which person were you? I was in the blue coat,dark hair....sat next to the other gazza......Sounds like a dating advert lol!

Harsh Andy..After all it''s not his fault what the club pay him, and the fellow players. Poor showings.. bit harsh, i know his crossing and shooting is poor, but he works hard, which is all you can ask really. It''s not his fault hi final poor is poor the cub should of A not bought him or B worked alot on it to improve it.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Harsh Andy..After all it''s not his fault what the club pay him, and the fellow players. Poor showings.. bit harsh, i know his crossing and shooting is poor, but he works hard, which is all you can ask really.[/quote]That''s exactly the attitude we need.The board can''t run a club, but they work hard.Gunny can''t manage a team, but he works hard.Crofty can''t cross a ball, but he works hard.Semi can''t defend, but he works hard.Small wonder we find ourselves in League One alongside lots of other teams which work hard ..... but are rubbish.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Harsh Andy..After all it''s not his fault what the club pay him, and the fellow players. Poor showings.. bit harsh, i know his crossing and shooting is poor, but he works hard, which is all you can ask really. It''s not his fault hi final poor is poor the cub should of A not bought him or B worked alot on it to improve it.[/quote]Like I said… blood rises, brain disengages… although he looked very shifty for some part of it, then bored… so a little rocket up his jacksee won''t do him any harm. May make him realise what a privileged young man he is and that maybe he should try a bit harder with that crossing thing of his… considering that is his job (or at least part of it). And as he was representative of the players, maybe he might go back and tell them all… if he can disturb their drinking that is!

6. The fans should not be dividied, the way out of this mess is not to fight but to unite!

Rm - this will happen, we need to pull together now.

7. said we aint good enough for the championship but will win league 1! (dear god!)

RM - thanks! he then went on to mention how there we many meetings planned for the summer to decide the clubs future in league 1.

8. Said that the board would appoint Gunn, for 1 reason and 1 alone, he is the cheap option and our board are week (loud applause)

this point was not answered by the panel.

9. We need seed change, instead of wasting our limited funds on 5th rate loan players we need to invest money into youth and scouting better quality players, and would our limited budget mean Doomcaster was taking a pay cut?

ND flitted round the pay cut issue and reiterated Munbys point about meetings.

BG - Whilst he is Norwich manager he will continue to work to get in players who want to be here, who are proud to play for this club and can get us out of League 1. he says that John Deehan is an excellent scout and WILL get it right, he said look no further than the discovery of Cody McDonald, Gunn is placing alot of faith in Deehan if he gets the job.

10 - (I asked this question and was shocked to get applauded) Why hasDelia not come to speak to us today? will she swallow her pride and admit she was wrong to turn Cullum down? whats the real reason the Turners left and how far are we from administration?

ND - Delia is in London at the moment, working to bring in money in for the football club, most forums she doesnt attend (Except the ones we are doing well in eh Neil?)

ND RE Cullum - no one has made an offer for Smith and Jones shares in 13 years at the club, including Peter Cullum, there is a confidentiality agreement re any contact with him to the club.

the Turners are the only people who know why they left and we should ask them (someone then pointed out that they would of told the board and wouldnt of "just left")

as for admistration, it doesnt affect wages/player costs, the 10 point deduction will hurt the team and the local economy will suffer, this is NOT an option an is unthinkable.

RM- the EDP are wrong and Cullum DID NOT make an offer (more on this later on...)

the fans were unhappy with the confidentialty agreement and argued that if Cullum did not make an offer then there was no agreement and the board should come clean.

its worth mentioning at this stage that whatever Smudger threw at Gunny, Bryan had an answer for, to the point that half way trhough Smudger shut up... that could also of been due to the fact 2 stewards made their way to where he was and he dissapeared from standing at the front of his cohorts to the back... Bottler smudger strikes again!

post 3 coming up next (we are almost done people i promise)

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

this led to a huge gap and many angry shouts.. one chap said it was disgusting, he said the players were taking the mick and should be made to pay some of it back. he directed a comment at Crofty which was he should be ashamed of himself and is he really proud of bringing in that money for poor showings? Crofty seemed really taken aback and shocked by the question.

[/quote]Oops… I didn''t mean it to sound as ''pitchfork" as that… just goes to show, when the blood rises, the brain disengages. Still think they''re a bunch of over-paid tarts though![:$][/quote]I think i was standing next to / in front of you. I was in a red hoody. I''m pretty sure i agreed with most of what you said!

I am female, not sure if you are aware of that, was wearing a purple top and jeans, standing next to Gary, Smudger''s brother and next to Keith Roads. Sorry but I don''t remember who a lot of people are, it''s my age!!

Well it''s not because of Lee Croft we''re going down. I would also have to question that Semi works hard. Plus slightly different to say he should be ashamed of himself, and is he proud of taking home the money for poor showings, i''m just saying that it''s not Crofts fault how much the club pay him, like everyone else he want''s to earn as much money as he can, and to be honest most of Croft''s performances are nowhere near as bad as what Andy has said. If everybody put the same effort in as Croft then i''m sure we would be alot higher up

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I am female, not sure if you are aware of that, was wearing a purple top and jeans, standing next to Gary, Smudger''s brother and next to Keith Roads. Sorry but I don''t remember who a lot of people are, it''s my age!![/quote]Good to see you, gazza! [Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Big Bob"]Harsh Andy..After all it''s not his fault what the club pay him, and the fellow players. Poor showings.. bit harsh, i know his crossing and shooting is poor, but he works hard, which is all you can ask really.[/quote]

That''s exactly the attitude we need.

The board can''t run a club, but they work hard.
Gunny can''t manage a team, but he works hard.
Crofty can''t cross a ball, but he works hard.
Semi can''t defend, but he works hard.

Small wonder we find ourselves in League One alongside lots of other teams which work hard ..... but are rubbish.

[/quote]

fookin hell jim royle works harder than semi [:O]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I am female, not sure if you are aware of that, was wearing a purple top and jeans, standing next to Gary, Smudger''s brother and next to Keith Roads. Sorry but I don''t remember who a lot of people are, it''s my age!![/quote]

Yeah i know who you are. I ended up sitting next to Gary and you behind Keith....Moaning a lot!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I am female, not sure if you are aware of that, was wearing a purple top and jeans, standing next to Gary, Smudger''s brother and next to Keith Roads. Sorry but I don''t remember who a lot of people are, it''s my age!![/quote]

Yeah i know who you are. I ended up sitting next to Gary and you behind Keith....Moaning a lot!

[/quote]

ooh i say  [:$]

[quote user="Big Bob"]Well it''s not because of Lee Croft we''re going down. I would also have to question that Semi works hard. Plus slightly different to say he should be ashamed of himself, and is he proud of taking home the money for poor showings, i''m just saying that it''s not Crofts fault how much the club pay him, like everyone else he want''s to earn as much money as he can, and to be honest most of Croft''s performances are nowhere near as bad as what Andy has said. If everybody put the same effort in as Croft then i''m sure we would be alot higher up[/quote]Sadly, the types of Lee Croft are exactly what''s wrong with our club and football in particular. Paid a shed load to be decidedly average, then buggers off when some other mug pays him more to go and be decidedly average somewhere else!He is one of those that helped get us where we are… and don''t say he isn''t. A cross that found the target every now and again might have brought us in enough goals to stay up. He is as culpable as every single other member of the playing squad. The POTS award was for one corker against Ipshite, otherwise Doc or Clingan would have got it!Sad old day when running around alot is a sign of a good player. No wonder Akinbiyi has had such a long career!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

its worth mentioning at this stage that whatever Smudger threw at Gunny, Bryan had an answer for, to the point that half way trhough Smudger shut up... that could also of been due to the fact 2 stewards made their way to where he was and he dissapeared from standing at the front of his cohorts to the back... Bottler smudger strikes again!

[/quote]Well, all I would say here is - and I''m no fan of Smudger''s - I respect the fact he had the cojones to front up and say the things he felt needed saying.  No doubt they were  controversial points, but fair play to the lad for having the balls to do it in the face of a hostile audience.  If our players had shown as much bottle this season, we wouldn''t even be having this discussion.Respect, Smudger.

Yes, have to agree with you Chops, Smudger gave a good account of himself, he may not be everyone''s cup of tea, but he turned up and faced the board and there were plenty of fans who turned on him. Hostile was the word, from both sides of the fence.

Sounds like some good questions were asked. Was there any sort of rumours or Chinese whispers of new managers, players leaving and coming and new investment?

If I was a betting woman, which I am not, I would say Gunn had the job in the bag. He also mentioned he would be compiling a list of those he thought should stay. No news of investment, just Doncaster going over the same old stuff, you know it all.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]If I was a betting woman, which I am not, I would say Gunn had the job in the bag. He also mentioned he would be compiling a list of those he thought should stay. No news of investment, just Doncaster going over the same old stuff, you know it all.[/quote] Yep Waghorn is saying theres a strong suspicion Gunn will get the nod , talk about the stupidity of this club .

here we go again.. now had my tea and brain fully recharged!

11. is it difficult getting the team to play, particularly away? are we too nice and why are we not competitive in every game when we clearly showed at times this season we can do it?

BG - We put in effort against the bigger sides it is unnaceptable to not do it against lesser sides. The club has no money, (which isnt what Munby said earlier!) the new manager needs to find players who want to be here, who are proud to be at Norwich city, who will give their all when they pull on the shirts. Loan players are not acceptable. we need "our players" a Norwich City team, and the new manager MUST enforce this. (this got the biggest round of applause of the day and i for one feel that Gunny has the passion for the job.. he can do it.. but he needs the right coaches in there with him.. he needs an "advisor")

12. An Elderly gentleman stood up, he has spoken to Peter Cullum, Cullum tells a different story to that mentioned in the other post above. Cullum has said he would give 20 million for players and wipe out the clubs debt, but he wants control to make sure everything is done properly.

He has done "due Dilligence" on other championship clubs and discovered that Wolvs shares are worth £1 each. in contrast our club is not worth what they smiths want for it.. it is worth Nothing when compared to Wolves success. Cullum respects and understands that DS and MWJ want some kind of a return on their money, but the club is not worth the valuation they place on it (16 million pounds). PC approached the club but his offer was not entertained... it was exactly as reported by the press at the time.

the old Gent said that Neil Doncaster is talking Rubbish if he doesn''t feel administration is close.

the board, tellingly, said nothing about this... yet PC has stated it.. is this what was in the "confidentiality agreement" if so it makes the club out to be liars...

13. we should all refuse ourr season ticket rebate and instead allow the club to use it on wages for players.

Rm - thanks!

14 , what players are under contract for next year, will Aviva continue to sponsor us?

BG  reeled off a list of about 18 players, including the Doc, Clinkers and Semmy as still under contract next season but did say it would be down to a new manager who stays and goes.

ND - Aviva signed a 3 year deal for sponsorship and this will continue for the duration, however there may be a reduction in the amount they pay us in league 1.

Lee Croft looked asleep at this point, Gunny seemed far more comfortable, Doncaster and munby were really struggling at this point... wish Delia had been there

15 . Roder sapped confidence from the squad, Gunn has helped to restore this in a lot of players and we need to support the side next year as relegatin will of knocked the confidence again

RM - Agreed!

16. Gunn has Failed NCFC, and at Norwich City we reward Failure, the fans do support the club and this is how we are repaid!

no comment from the panel.

17. roeder didnt like the players (EG hucks), Gunn Needs a chance

BG- Cant comment on Roeder or his policies, if he gets the job he will ensure players are fit and up tot he task.

18 - can season ticket rebate go towards transfer fees instead of wages?

RM- it can be done but depends on the manager, he may want to be able to pay players more to attract them here so the cash will need t be spread accordingly from kitty to wage bill but it cann be done and the club would  look at this.

19 - congratulate Lee Croft for Player of the year

LC err... ta

20 gunn isnt the man for the job, NOONE is, because the board wont back any manager.

RM- We will back ANYONE! there is money there to do so (Not what Gunny said!) and we will back a manager as much as we can.

21 (asked by 1st Wazzock, no less!) - who on the board makes the football decisions, the ones re the managers etc?

RM tried not to answer but the assembled made him answer...

RM passed the buck to ND who said - We consulted David Stringer when appointing managers, and also the club accountant keeps a close eye on finances to ensure that the board are not strething things to far (this did not answer Waz in anyway at all i didnt think!!!)

that it every one... make of it what you want..

im off for a beer from the fridge.. i think i deserve one!