Sign in to follow this  
norwichtillidie

need for striker?

I''m fed up with reading all the mail for the need of a striker when the transfer window opens in January.

Surely having conceded 17 goals this season the need is for a QUALITY defender.

Some goals like the one that Berger scored against us you can''t account for, but the goals we conceded against Everton were diabolical, and unless we stop leaking goals like that we will NOT avoid the drop. We could spend £20 million on a striker ( only £1.2 million apparently available) who could score every game and that would not necessary mean we will win enough games to stop us being relegated.

So come on Worthy lets put all our effort into getting some class at the back, and if we can''t afford top quality defenders then lets spend the £1.2 million on loan players wages to stop the dreaded drop.

We need a striker to keep the opposition penned back in there own half therefore not allowing them to batter our defence for a longer period in time with superior firepower eventually creating and taking goalscoring opportunities.

Yeah, because one striker can keep an entire team penned back in their own half!

What we need is to start playing well for an entire game, and then we can at least get a good look and see how we fare against teams over 90 minutes.

Why not sign a striker AND a defender??

Watching the Everton game made it quiet obvious that something was wrong with our way of defending. At the first goal, everyone looked out of position, 4 or 5 players looking at the ball and no one marking Kilbane.
The second goal was more a mistake by the midfield who gave up possession and allowed them to a quick attack. Not many defenders can keep up with a pacey striker like that. Fleming did ok, he nearly blocked the shot!

We also need to be more organised on set pieces. I´m always nervous when we concede a corner or a freekick near the box.
I think we need to sign a defender before we sign a striker. We have got McKenzie and he looks dangerous when he plays.

I''m with Bananaman, if we could play for 90 minutes then we could decide what or who we need to buy.   We would give every team in the league a run for their money if we played our first halves like we do our second.   We even looked good agasint Arsenal in the second half.   I say buy a motivational expert.

Simple, we buy a striker, who can get us the goals (sutton! please santa) and we still have a possible loan signing at our disposal so use it to bring in a good strong and pacey defender, wot about robert huth? he would fit the bill. that would solve both our problems, and if we stay up maybe we could sign him permanently.

Worthy, i hope you''re readin this!!