Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Players out of position and a general lack of ability......

That''s what has done for us tonight in our biggest match of the season.We looked OK in the first half but Carney on the right and Gow as a sort of a left winger with license to come inside offered no width whatsoever. That''s pretty criminal when your main striker is at his best with balls played into the box for him to win in the air. For me that has to go down as a mistake by the manager.As for the general lack of ability only Clingan (in the first half mostly) and McDonald came out of the game with any real credit for me. Shackell also looked fairly decent first half but was certainly at fault for the first goal. We just seemed to have no ideas in the final third, no creative spark. I don''t think that the players are not trying but sadly they''re just not good enough [:(]

that''s pretty correct, not enough streght in depth, missing Hoolahan and Croft tonight, even Lapin and Pattison may have added more than what we had.

I know Matty is one of Rodents boys but I feel he could have been influencial for the relegation battleHind sight is lovely

[quote user="Marty"]that''s pretty correct, not enough streght in depth, missing Hoolahan and Croft tonight, even Lapin and Pattison may have added more than what we had.[/quote]Agreed Marty [Y]Pattison at least seemed to provide a goal scoring threat from midfield. When did Clingan or Russell get beyond the front two tonight? It''s pretty easy to defend against teams when you know exactly where the goalscoring threat is going to come from. That''s why our only real chances came from pot shots 25-30 yards out.