Sign in to follow this  
Jersey canary

Pure Guess Work

Worthy reported to be at Portman Road yesterday, watching who I wonder well could be:-

Bent

Bowditch 

Westlake

But my money would be on Cresswell!

Any thoughts, can see this happening not worth more than £1.2 million, fits the bill.......

Only time will tell

To be honest I don''t think we could afford Bowditch or Westlake and we certainly couldn''t afford Bent.  Cresswell maybe but no thanks.  Rumours he was looking at Preston midfielder Dickson Etuhu.

Reckon he was just there because we weren''t playing til Monday. Managers don''t always go to games to look at players

My guess is that he was maybe there to watch Tommy Miller. There was talk on Ipswich websites last summer of Miller coming here. At the time they said that Miller was in the last year of his contract and stalling on signing another one. I don''t know if that is still the case, but if it is then we could maybe pick him up for £300,000 or so (or swap him for Mulryne).

Miller has always looked a pretty decent player to me and he scores plenty of goals from midfield (another one on Saturday) - and thats even when you take away the ludicrous number of penalties that Ipswich always seem to get.

Tommy Miller is a plausible guess Mr Rosario.  He is a good player and if, as you say, he is stalling on a new contract then it could just be that you have found the man Worthy was looking at.  Bent would surely be too expensive, Liverpool are reported to be looking at Bowditch, and Kuqi and the expensive member of Argentina''s highboard diving team would surely not enable Worthy to tick all of his necessary boxes...so perhaps Miller it is then.  (I would not be disappointed if it was!)