Sign in to follow this  
Barlodona

Too many players who dont give a flying f**k

The irony is that for once; Ostemebor actually looked like he was bothered though!

I f*cking can.Carney as the worst culprit. How he is a professional football I will never know, he looks like somebody plucked out of the stands.Gow.Otsemobor.Russell (or is he just sh*t?).Bertrand.The only ones who seemed to give it a go and give a toss were Clingan, McDonald and Lee, Shackell and Doherty.

[quote user="JTG"]I f*cking can.

Carney as the worst culprit. How he is a professional football I will never know, he looks like somebody plucked out of the stands.
Gow.
Otsemobor.
Russell (or is he just sh*t?).
Bertrand.

The only ones who seemed to give it a go and give a toss were Clingan, McDonald and Lee, Shackell and Doherty.
[/quote]

Shakell was quilty for both goals surely?

I thought Otsemobor was ok tonight. In fact most players did make an effort, but not enough quality.

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="JTG"]I f*cking can.Carney as the worst culprit. How he is a professional football I will never know, he looks like somebody plucked out of the stands.Gow.Otsemobor.Russell (or is he just sh*t?).Bertrand.The only ones who seemed to give it a go and give a toss were Clingan, McDonald and Lee, Shackell and Doherty.[/quote]

I thought Otsemobor was ok tonight. In fact most players did make an effort, but not enough quality.

[/quote]Just seen their first on tv, Otsemobor''s fault. Not seen the second yet.

I thought Berty played okay tonight, Otsemobor actually played really well tonight.McDonald MOTM, clearly played his heart out and was hard done by with the ref favouring their strong defenders - he gave them a lot of problems to deal with thought.Lee - played well, but got little service. Tried, but trying isn''t good enough.Shackell - at fault for the second goal. Good first half - went off in the second. Doc played reasonably well too.Clinkers - A great first half, disappeared in the second. Lack of consistancy yet again.

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="JTG"]I f*cking can.Carney as the worst culprit. How he is a professional football I will never know, he looks like somebody plucked out of the stands.Gow.Otsemobor.Russell (or is he just sh*t?).Bertrand.The only ones who seemed to give it a go and give a toss were Clingan, McDonald and Lee, Shackell and Doherty.[/quote]

[/quote]I agree it wasn''t lack of effort, we are just plain and simple not good enough. We never looked like scoring after halftime, Reading looked at time like they had about three or four more men than us.

[quote user="AJ"]I thought Berty played okay tonight, Otsemobor actually played really well tonight.McDonald MOTM, clearly played his heart out and was hard done by with the ref favouring their strong defenders - he gave them a lot of problems to deal with thought.Lee - played well, but got little service. Tried, but trying isn''t good enough.Shackell - at fault for the second goal. Good first half - went off in the second. Doc played reasonably well too.Clinkers - A great first half, disappeared in the second. Lack of consistancy yet again.[/quote]

I agree, but you just got the impression that after the first goal, some of them didnt care, or they thought that they had lost it already, even if we did concede a second, been better to see a fighting spirit after the first goal!

[quote user="Willmeister"][quote user="Marty"]

Carney as the worst culprit. How he is a professional football I will never know, he looks like somebody plucked out of the stands.
Gow.
Otsemobor.
Bertrand.

The only ones who seemed to give it a go and give a toss were Clingan, McDonald and Lee, Shackell and Doherty.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree it wasn''t lack of effort, we are just plain and simple not good enough. We never looked like scoring after halftime, Reading looked at time like they had about three or four more men than us.
[/quote]

I agree. We put effort in. The quality was league 1 standard. The first half was very even, but that was us at our best and bar McDonald we didn''t trouble Reading''s big and strong centre back pairing. And I always thought Reading could step up, whilst we couldn''t. This proved to the be the case in the second half. They have quality. We don;t. We don''t even own half of our team. We are truely atrocious. Barring Shackell, Doherty and McDonald we were very very poor.

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Most of the players made an effort! [:@]Seriously, Marty, how can you seriously defend that shower?

I don''t think it was a lack of effort that caused our defeat tonight merely a lack of ability. As someone who doesn''t get to see City as much as I would like I was genuinely shocked at just how bereft of ideas we were tonight. Looking at the league table I guess I shouldn''t be quite so surprised [:^)]

[quote user="shyster"]Most of the players made an effort! [:@]Seriously, Marty, how can you seriously defend that shower?[/quote]They''re sh*t Shyster and they''re being managed by a clueless novice. I''m not defending them but do you suddenly expect them to magically un-sh*t themselves just because we''re in a spot of bother?

It''s blatantly obvious of our problems over the past 2 seasons the sheer number of loan players. I think this season we have had something like 15 on loan.

This is a joke, and is the reason we are where we are. No consistancy from week to week.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="shyster"]Most of the players made an effort! [:@]Seriously, Marty, how can you seriously defend that shower?[/quote]They''re sh*t Shyster and they''re being managed by a clueless novice. I''m not defending them but do you suddenly expect them to magically un-sh*t themselves just because we''re in a spot of bother?[/quote]

I''ve never doubted the lack of quality in our team, Shack, but as witnessed in domestic cups, lesser teams often beat better opposition and they usually do that by making an huge effort - I saw knackered players after sixty minutes (which is disgraceful considering the amount of time in training & rest since our last fixture) but it was definitely not through sheer effort.And yes, Uncle Fester is clueless.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="shyster"]Most of the players made an effort! [:@]Seriously, Marty, how can you seriously defend that shower?[/quote]They''re sh*t Shyster and they''re being managed by a clueless novice. I''m not defending them but do you suddenly expect them to magically un-sh*t themselves just because we''re in a spot of bother?[/quote]

I''ve never doubted the lack of quality in our team, Shack, but as witnessed in domestic cups, lesser teams often beat better opposition and they usually do that by making an huge effort - I saw knackered players after sixty minutes (which is disgraceful considering the amount of time in training & rest since our last fixture) but it was definitely not through sheer effort.And yes, Uncle Fester is clueless.[/quote]I see your point mate but rather than a lack of effort I just felt that we ran out of ideas around the sixty minute mark. And considering our only efforts at goal prior to that were from long range we didn''t seem to have many ideas to run out of in the first place. In my experience you can normally tell when a player simply doesn''t give a sh*t and I just didn''t see that tonight.Definitely a lack of courage, decision making and all round footballing ability though. Special mention to Darel Russell who''s first touch seems to travel further than most people can kick the ball [:''(]

you guys should support your team.

fair enough your pissed off with the fact that you could and probs will go down.

but you should be with them.

[quote user="joshmooreAFC"]

you guys should support your team.

fair enough your pissed off with the fact that you could and probs will go down.

but you should be with them.

[/quote]

We''ve been with them all season. They''ve trousered thousands of pounds a week. And they''ve been week in week out clueless and rubbish. We''ve lost 23 league games this season. That''s half!!! If Mark Fortheringham is worth £8k a week, then I''m godzilla. In fact, if Fotheringham even has a contract at Championship level next season I for one will be amazed. The chronic mis management at this club over the last 5 years has been astronomical. It has all come to a head now. We haven''t played at league 1 level for 50 years. We can rant and pile scorn on those responsible for as much as we like as far as I''m concerned. They''ve all been very well renumerated.

Never again should the likes of Fotheringham and his ilk be made rich by NCFC. We must have stronger management, both of the football side, and the non-football side. And that can only start when Delia Smith and her exceptionally weak team FUCK OFF.

Clingan and Shackell - a league above Norwich!

The rest of them were absolutely awful! Gutless performance from a team that deserve a smashing at charton on sunday!

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="shyster"]Most of the players made an effort! [:@]Seriously, Marty, how can you seriously defend that shower?[/quote]They''re sh*t Shyster and they''re being managed by a clueless novice. I''m not defending them but do you suddenly expect them to magically un-sh*t themselves just because we''re in a spot of bother?[/quote]

I''ve never doubted the lack of quality in our team, Shack, but as witnessed in domestic cups, lesser teams often beat better opposition and they usually do that by making an huge effort - I saw knackered players after sixty minutes (which is disgraceful considering the amount of time in training & rest since our last fixture) but it was definitely not through sheer effort.And yes, Uncle Fester is clueless.[/quote]I see your point mate but rather than a lack of effort I just felt that we ran out of ideas around the sixty minute mark. And considering our only efforts at goal prior to that were from long range we didn''t seem to have many ideas to run out of in the first place. In my experience you can normally tell when a player simply doesn''t give a sh*t and I just didn''t see that tonight.Definitely a lack of courage, decision making and all round footballing ability though. Special mention to Darel Russell who''s first touch seems to travel further than most people can kick the ball [:''(] [/quote]

I''m sorry, Shack, I cannot concede the fact that those players didn''t give 100% tonight - effort, in my experience, is players going down with cramp in the dying minutes - effort, to me is blood, seat & tears, but all I saw was sweat, mostly on the brows of City players which was more likely the result of too much p*ss through the week - they''re probably back out on the p*ss as we speak!

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Clingan and Shackell - a league above Norwich!

The rest of them were absolutely awful! Gutless performance from a team that deserve a smashing at charton on sunday!

[/quote]I agree that Shackell has played at a high standard since he returned. I just don''t get the Clingan thing though. This is his league and he isn''t in the top 10 central midfielders in it imo.

Semi was poor tonight. Countless times he held the key to a potential pass and consequently ruined the flow. Leijer would''ve actually been a far better choice.I don''t think it''s completely a case of the players not caring. They have to put some degree of effort in by default to keep playing Championship football (be it for us or elsewhere) and they''ve still got families to feed. The key has been a lack of consistency and lack of overall ability. Though actually under Gunn the performances HAVE improved in comparison to Roeder''s reign of terror.

[quote user="Marty"]

Gow.
Otsemobor.
Bertrand.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Semmy always seems to play better when Croft is out. Is Carney really a footballer? He seemed more like and actor in a football shirt. How the hell does he get to be an international?

Shackell - Not sure about the first goal as it was a hell of a cross but definitely at fault for the second.