Sign in to follow this  
canaryfan68

Gow and Carney

These guys typify what people say about loan signings. Carney should never been picked before Lappin and Gunn has shown his naiveity again by picking him. I think Roeder was right about Gow because  he is so clueless when he runs with the ball. Tonight we were too lightweight and naivety up front and that showed against the experience of the Reading defenders.

Gow had one good game for us against Cardiff. Since then he''s just been a waste of space. Carney doesn''t even look like a professional footballer, he should be working in Morrisons or something.Both just terrible.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Personally I think they could have been alright if played on the correct sides! [:@][/quote]Absolutely correct. When you''ve got Alan Lee up front you need to get balls into the box. So the last thing you want is wide players who have to go back on themselves to deliver a cross thus making Lee hold his run into the box. That''s a decision made by Team Gunn for all of you who think this is all down to Delia/Doomcaster/Roeder/Gordon Brown [;)]

They were the weak links tonight, although I thought Carney put a bit more in than Gow did. Gow could easily do another 90mins on top of that.

To be fair to Gow I think he can be a classy player with the ball at his feet but he''s got no pace to get away from people, he''s reluctant to pull the trigger and he doesn''t seem to want to give it anything close to 100%. Not really sure what position would best suit the guy but it''s definitely not out wide.

If only Crofty and Hoolahan had been available...

carney is the biggest pile of balls ive ever seen in my life. my left nut could play football better than that Kn*b

I thought Gow did ok first half. Good ball control and held the ball up effectively. Sadly the second half drew no ideas. The midfield sat too deep and we resorted to long ball tactics. Gow, under the right tactics and ideas is a tidy little player. The man who is responsable for that pathetic second half display is sadly Bryan Gunn. We got progressively worse as the game wore on and Mr Gunn yet again did nothing. He let our midfield drop deep and allowed them to to the two worst things in football. Pass backwards to a deep defence and launch hopeful balls forward to non existant attackers. Tactically the squad performed no better than a pub team during the second half tonight. Yey they still got applauded by thousands of fans.

[quote user="JTG"]Gow had one good game for us against Cardiff. Since then he''s just been a waste of space. Carney doesn''t even look like a professional footballer, he should be working in Morrisons or something.Both just terrible.[/quote]

And where did Gow play that night??? Up front!!!!!

Not played there since!! Great mgmt gunny! He has a blinder in his best position then we never play him there again!