Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Gunn has to go.

I love the guy, and though he would make a good manager - but he could have saved us the game tonight. He needed to make a change, it was clear he needed to change something, but he didn''t untill it was too late once again. Long shew tonight how much difference a sub can make - and reading shew how much difference owning your own team can have!Norwich have it all to do at Charlton. Win or lose, I think Gunn should be the man and walk away at the end of the season.

Im in two minds, i think it best if he walks although id hate to see him go.I repsect what he has tried to do with us and respect the fact hes put himself on the line. Still love him !Reminds me of Football manager.... where I have to finally let a player ive had come through the youth system go because hes too old and cant cut it. Although i love the player and hes been an integral part of my squad i just have to show him the door for the good of the club.Sorry Gunny :(Your a legend. Keep it that way rather than the guy that got us relegated and THEN the guy that screwed up in League One.

[quote user="AJ"]I love the guy, and though he would make a good manager - but he could have saved us the game tonight. He needed to make a change, it was clear he needed to change something, but he didn''t untill it was too late once again. Long shew tonight how much difference a sub can make - and reading shew how much difference owning your own team can have!

Norwich have it all to do at Charlton. Win or lose, I think Gunn should be the man and walk away at the end of the season.
[/quote]

I totally agree. His work as a player should never be forgotten but why was he appointed? In what other walk of life would someone with no qualifications be given a job of such high status? WHY OH WHY WASN''T AN EXPERIENCED MANAGER BROUGHT IN. It''s so tragic you almost can''t believe it is true.

it doesnt matter if Gunn goes.. the board will hire a yes man/one of Delias chums/ someone who has never anaged before to replace him.

this vicious circile will go on forever until the board are replaced.. like it or not in another 4 years we will be league 2, and it will continue to spiral until the board go.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

it doesnt matter if Gunn goes.. the board will hire a yes man/one of Delias chums/ someone who has never anaged before to replace him.

this vicious circile will go on forever until the board are replaced.. like it or not in another 4 years we will be league 2, and it will continue to spiral until the board go.

[/quote]

Spot on Jas.[Y]

yes should have kept roeder, vent your anger on the board for appointing him in the first place or do you like delia''s regime?

[quote user="AJ"]I love the guy, and though he would make a good manager - but he could have saved us the game tonight. He needed to make a change, it was clear he needed to change something, but he didn''t untill it was too late once again. Long shew tonight how much difference a sub can make - and reading shew how much difference owning your own team can have!

Norwich have it all to do at Charlton. Win or lose, I think Gunn should be the man and walk away at the end of the season.
[/quote]

My opinion is that Gunn has beyond my expectations kept us in it until the last game whereas with Roeder we would''ve been buried before Charlton. Tonight we were up against a much better team and I never thought for a moment this was a match we could win. There was nothing on the bench to bring on that would''ve made any difference either. Like at Ipswich we put everything into the first half but all to no avail. We deserve to go where we are but Gunn doesn''t deserve the flak. 100% of it should be directed at the board. They alone appointed the managerial kiss of death that is Roeder.

[quote user="book end"]

[quote user="AJ"]I love the guy, and though he would make a good manager - but he could have saved us the game tonight. He needed to make a change, it was clear he needed to change something, but he didn''t untill it was too late once again. Long shew tonight how much difference a sub can make - and reading shew how much difference owning your own team can have!Norwich have it all to do at Charlton. Win or lose, I think Gunn should be the man and walk away at the end of the season.[/quote]

My opinion is that Gunn has beyond my expectations kept us in it until the last game whereas with Roeder we would''ve been buried before Charlton. Tonight we were up against a much better team and I never thought for a moment this was a match we could win. There was nothing on the bench to bring on that would''ve made any difference either. Like at Ipswich we put everything into the first half but all to no avail. We deserve to go where we are but Gunn doesn''t deserve the flak. 100% of it should be directed at the board. They alone appointed the managerial kiss of death that is Roeder.

[/quote] We were NOT in the bottom 3 when Gunn took over , he is absolutely crap as a manager and he should do the decent thing and walk .

He certainly has to go.

People don''t relise that his points to game ratio is only marhinally better than rodents, hardly an achievement is it. In January, a good manager (such a boothroyd) would have kept us up, i dont have a doubt. We have shown what we are capable of, we are not one of the worst 3 teams in this division; but if you dont perform enough, get the best out of your players on a coinsistent enough basis then you deserve to go down. The table doesnt lie, neither does Gunns Record...

I don''t know who we could have for league one next season; boothroyd is still available, but we may have missed the boat with him; but what i do know is that even though Bryan Gunns at home at NCFC, his home isnt in the dug out!

There is no way, no WAY Roeder would''ve kept us in the fight for this long. The performances HAVE improved under Gunn and his loan signings in the second half of the season have been better than Roeder''s, Lita aside.

[quote user="Superflash"]There is no way, no WAY Roeder would''ve kept us in the fight for this long. The performances HAVE improved under Gunn and his loan signings in the second half of the season have been better than Roeder''s, Lita aside.[/quote] Thats just an opinion nothing more , he kept us up last season and had far more chance of doing so again than Oddjob.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Superflash"]There is no way, no WAY Roeder would''ve kept us in the fight for this long. The performances HAVE improved under Gunn and his loan signings in the second half of the season have been better than Roeder''s, Lita aside.[/quote] Thats just an opinion nothing more , he kept us up last season and had far more chance of doing so again than Oddjob.[/quote]Opinion, yes. But judging from the fact he had completely lost the players and the performance against Charlton in that cup game, couple with his re-god-damn-diculous post match rants ("I will be the last man standing!!") and the fact his newly appointed deputies were also fools, I''d say my opinion is pretty justifiable.And the Oddjob tag is a complete slap in the face to Gunn, by the way. He deserves better than that, no matter where we are.

Gunn has to go at the end of the season - without a doubt. We have to get in either a big name to show we mean business, or an experienced lower league manager who knows players in the lower leagues and knows how to wheel and deal, and how teams in this division play.

What we don''t need is a clueless Bryan Gunn taking us into another relegation scrap.

Gunn will step down after this season but the trouble is the board will then appoint Butterworth! this is really whats going to happen so get used to it, i for one though am fed up with the board going down the "we need someone who''s norwich city" route,

[quote user="steve o"]

Gunn will step down after this season but the trouble is the board will then appoint Butterworth! this is really whats going to happen so get used to it, i for one though am fed up with the board going down the "we need someone who''s norwich city" route,

[/quote]

you may well be right there Steve. its going to be someone who wont tread on Delias toes....

[/quote]

Norwich 4-0 Barnsley , this was the day that Norwich got relegated!, I remember coming away from that game worrying that we had won ''too well'' and that our board would do something stupid and give the job to Gunn, 48 hours after they did.

I wanted Roeder out as much as anyone - but we needed experience in to replace him. Although Gunn was clearly left as mess by Roeder -remember that we were sixth from bottom when he took over -and he will have had 20 matches in charge to keep us up - just short of half a season.

If it eer emerges that we passed up on someone like Boothroyd in favour of Gunn - I will want Delia,Wynn-Jones,Munby and Doncaster''s heads on spikes in my front lawn!

These clowns must not still be here to give the job to Gunn again next season.