Sign in to follow this  

did anyone stay after the game?

i left on the final whistle and outside it was like any other game, packed. cant imagine too many stayed, which is pleasing.

According to Radio Norfolk a couple of thousand fans stayed behind. Pity the place wasn''t completely empty when they came back out. I had no intention of staying, couldn''t get out of there quick enough. Drowning my sorrows with a bottle of red mmmmmmmmmmm!![D]

A couple of thousand?I congratulate the other 23,000 for making a point.

Yes, I stayed, I wanted to applaud the players who I felt had given their all tonight. Sammy Clingan for example.

[quote user="AJ"]A couple of thousand?

I congratulate the other 23,000 for making a point.
[/quote]

I bet some will say that over half the stadium stayed for the clapathon....It was 2 thirds empty when I left after the last player went down the tunnel....Looked quite sparse apart from the Barclay when shown on Anglia news.

[quote user="Two Tails"]Yes, I stayed, I wanted to applaud the players who I felt had given their all tonight. Sammy Clingan for example.[/quote]Well done to you!! NOT!!!

Clingan was immense tonight. His tackles were exceptional. He deserved the round of applause alone for being the REAL player of the season.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="Two Tails"]Yes, I stayed, I wanted to applaud the players who I felt had given their all tonight. Sammy Clingan for example.[/quote]Well done to you!! NOT!!![/quote]I pay for my ticket, its my choice as to whether I stay or not.

[quote user="Superflash"]Clingan was immense tonight. His tackles were exceptional. He deserved the round of applause alone for being the REAL player of the season.[/quote]Yep, that was exactly what I thought as well.

No couldn''t get out of there quick enough tonight, and if we get turned over by Charlton and go down  my S T direct debit will be cancelled  we have no chance of even reaching mid table next season

i didnt stay and neither did anyone around me.. as soon as the 2nd goal went in we stopped caring and just chatted for the rest of the game.

jas :)

[quote user="Two Tails"][quote user="Superflash"]Clingan was immense tonight. His tackles were exceptional. He deserved the round of applause alone for being the REAL player of the season.
[/quote]

Yep, that was exactly what I thought as well.
[/quote]

Well done guys, we like rewarding failure...

[quote user="Two Tails"]Yes, I stayed, I wanted to applaud the players who I felt had given their all tonight. Sammy Clingan for example.[/quote]More fool you.The players didn''t deserve anyone to stay behind, we were lacklustre tonight as we usually are.If 2000 stayed I find it unbelievable, everyone seemed to be going at the end.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="Two Tails"][quote user="Superflash"]Clingan was immense tonight. His tackles were exceptional. He deserved the round of applause alone for being the REAL player of the season.[/quote]Yep, that was exactly what I thought as well.[/quote]

Well done guys, we like rewarding failure...

[/quote]Rewarding failure? Bit harsh. Clingan deserves better than that. I''d compare Clingan''s performance in particular this season to something like a top pro boxer. Win, lose or draw he gives 110% every time. It''s too bad his fellow players didn''t follow suit.

Did you stay to applaud him for all the clear cut chances he created tonight?Yes a truly magnificent player, guess it will be the last time you will get to applaud him now though!Bet you applauded Delia last week also! Our fans are a happy clappy joke.The board should have had hell from the minute the 2nd goal went in and our fate became inevitable. Again we stood and did nothing but worship culpable overpaid C****s

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Did you stay to applaud him for all the clear cut chances he created tonight?Yes a truly magnificent player, guess it will be the last time you will get to applaud him now though!Bet you applauded Delia last week also! Our fans are a happy clappy joke.The board should have had hell from the minute the 2nd goal went in and our fate became inevitable. Again we stood and did nothing but worship culpable overpaid C****s[/quote]There''s no pleasing some people ;)   (I jest, I jest.)I''ll clap Delia the day she hands over the reigns of the club to somebody who actually knows what the F*** they are doing. If giving plaudits to a player like Clingan who actually gives a care about the cause makes me a happy clappy fan, then hey! So be it. He made Reading quite humble on more than one occasion.

As I said in another thread to many fans are giving delia and the players there support when they clearly dont deserve this. Now we are likely to be relegated this season. Relegation = failure. Failure in any other line of work and you will probably be on the doll before too long. Yet oh no not with out club. Lets just clap all these players and the board even though it is their fault we are going down. While meanwhile most of these players will just join new clubs anyway

And the same will happen at charlton next week. We will put in a good performance but still go down but still half of our lot will just clap them away anyway. Its pathetic and I wish some supporters realised just how bad things are and would try and help getting this club sorted out

I was heading straight for the exit, but then decided to stay. I decided to show my support, not to the board, or most of the players but to my club, because despite what continues to happen I still love my club.

I don''t see the logic in any supporter being able to question another supporter''s decision to stay behind, we''re all adults, we''ve all paid, we can all make our own decision.

And on Sunday lets just hope its the support this club gets against all logic that will be enough to pull it through. It''s not over.