Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

If Leon is unfit who will partner Svenson

So it seems Svenson and Leon is now first choice strikeforce even though they have not started a game yet. If Leon does not make Monday night who will partner Svenson? Bearing in mind that Huckerby will start left midfield? The options are:-

Bentley (worth a try)

Mcveigh (worth a try)

Docherty (please no)

Henderson (not quite there yet but would have him tracelling with squad for experience and out of all 3 youngsters hes 1st choice)

Jarvis ( As Hendo )

Crow (As jarvis and Henderson)

Jonson (Maybe but i personally feel hes settling in nicely on the wing so why change it and when leons fit we will be back to square 1 with himn trying to adjust.)

Personally I would just opt for Paul Mcveigh knowing what a fine finisher he can be and yes I do think he can be a 10-15 goal man in this league. Who do u think?

Docherty was used at Newcastle and I wouldn''t expect anything different.....

Personally I would go for McVeigh his best position central

i mostly agree with DD but have got to say that NW is faced with a major problem down our left. That problem is Shaun Wright-Phillips. We need defensive help to contain him -- he''s their most dangerous player (I think we can contain Anelka).Drury missing hurts badly but I think NW might have to revert to Hux up front with Sven with Jonson coming in on the left side of midfield. I would put Bents on the right and then consider Charlton at left back with Shackell or Doc in the middle with Flem.So, conservatively:GreenEdworthyFlemingShackellCharltonBentleyHoltFrancisJonsonSvenssonHuckerbyWhat would I like to see tho is:GreenEdworthyFlemingShackellCharltonBentleyHoltFrancisHuckerbySvenssonJonson

Much to my daughter''s disgust I would continue to choose Bentley. Like Jonson his performances were improving game on game and he was removing the wastefulness that we most disliked - and this from a poster who completely opposed the signing of the ''superstar saviour'' from the day it was first muted.

My only issue with WLY is that while he looks superb coming on as a sub he has looked equally cr@p when he HAS started a game. Like Mullers I wonder whether McVeigh is quite (or will ever be) good enough whereas Bentley has shown a small glimmer of what he may be able to acheive. He is inconsitent and should be used sparingly to avoid burn out but based on form so far this year Bentley is (reluctantly) the winner...

OTBC

nycanary -  I think Wright-Philips will be playing upfront rather than on the wing due to injuries.  Mind you if he is playing on the right surely our fastest player Hux should be put on him for a man marking job?   If Worthy has any sense he will make Hux do just that.  This may limit his attacking potential, but if we keep SWP quiet we could be onto a winner and with 2 strikers up front we should be cool.

My choice would be  Svensson and Jonson if Leon is still crock, with Helveg on the right and Hux on the left.

HA ha ha haaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha!!!!

Huckerby?!?!?!

Man for man marker?!?!?!?! Heeeeeeee heee heee haaa!!!!

That is the best joke I''ve heard in years.

From what Worthy has said today, I get the impression that Holt, Charlton and Leon will all be fit.  Therefore, I''d have said it will probably be:

----------------Greeno------------------

Edworthy--- Flem----- Doc----- Charlton

Jonson---- Holt----- Francis------Hucks

--------Leon--------- Sven------------

Bench:  Ward, Shacks, Helveg, Bentley, WLY

Thanks for hilarity SF, seems that most people on this message board have had sense-of-humour transplants and are now looking for someone to blame and something to moan at...Huckerby as a man-marker, brilliant!