Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Unofficial player of season award.......

wrong should have gone to carl ikeme for the best ever spill ive sin in my life. OR andy durso of course. can''t forget that blinding performance that has probably shortned evrysingle one of our lives by about 10 years through stress

Clingan will be a Premier League player next season and I for one wish him the very best of luck. Tonight in particular he was fantastic and lead by example.

I think Leijer should have been a close contender ...

No but quite honestly, I don''t care. Hardly an incredible achievement to be player of the year for a team heading to league 1.

[quote user="Superflash"]Clingan will be a Premier League player next season and I for one wish him the very best of luck. Tonight in particular he was fantastic and lead by example. [/quote]What''s that then?  No cut and thrust, no creativity...no desire to win?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Superflash"]Clingan will be a Premier League player next season and I for one wish him the very best of luck. Tonight in particular he was fantastic and lead by example.
[/quote]

What''s that then?  No cut and thrust, no creativity...no desire to win?
[/quote]

You were watching a different game mate. Second half he was brilliant. Worked his nuts off and looked like he really cared - a few also didn''t. Out of interest, where do you sit?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Superflash"]Clingan will be a Premier League player next season and I for one wish him the very best of luck. Tonight in particular he was fantastic and lead by example. [/quote]What''s that then?  No cut and thrust, no creativity...no desire to win?[/quote]You do realise that he is not a creative midfielder yes?

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Superflash"]Clingan will be a Premier League player next season and I for one wish him the very best of luck. Tonight in particular he was fantastic and lead by example.
[/quote]

What''s that then?  No cut and thrust, no creativity...no desire to win?
[/quote]

You were watching a different game mate. Second half he was brilliant. Worked his nuts off and looked like he really cared - a few also didn''t. Out of interest, where do you sit?

[/quote]

Obviously selective viewing for the misplaced passes.

Who didn''t mis-place a pass?

I don''t why I''m defending the guy, he wont be here next year anyhow. And rightly so.

There is only one player who has performed consistently well in each game he has played.......he may not have been there all season, but my vote goes to Jason Shackell, who has given his all in the last few weeks despite only being with us on loan.

Thanks Jason, shame it may not be enough. Good luck in the Prem with Wolves next season.

[quote user="Huge Hairy Canary"]

There is only one player who has performed consistently well in each game he has played.......he may not have been there all season, but my vote goes to Jason Shackell, who has given his all in the last few weeks despite only being with us on loan.

Thanks Jason, shame it may not be enough. Good luck in the Prem with Wolves next season.

[/quote]he was our best player tonight, doubt he''ll get a game in the prem with wolves though?

CLingans ran around a lot - so did Hughes.   Clingan was out of his depth today and simply not good enouigh - he was bossed by reading and did not create anything for our strikers.   He was too slow to win the ball which the reading players easily moved around him leaving him chasing shadows all game.  He was weak and too easily chaken of the ball for lack of effort and ability.   He slowed the game down every time he received the ball by needing 2 /3 touches helping reading recover their shape. 

It was his inability to get the ball wide or too lee or Cody that mean we offered no threat at all. Exactly the same as rusty.

Clingan - and his midfield cohorts, for he does not take sole responsibility for this - was poor again and the only thing he cared about was seeing the size of his premiership contract shrinking if anyone would still want him after his performances this season.

POTS?  lol.

We are likely to be relegated due to poor right back and central midfield options

I blame myself.....and all the others who didn''t vote. Sorry Sammy.

If you don''t vote, you can''t complain. even when the award goes to a winger who can''t cross the ball to save his life.  However, he does run around a lot more than he used to and I guess that''s enough for most people at Carrow Road these days. Maybe next season it can go to s striker who fials to score or a one-armed goalkeeper.

I think that''s unfair, Zip... he may not have had his best game against the Reading midfield, but then he was seemingly trying to do the job single-handedly, with Rusty just not up to it, Carney way out of his depth and Gow all over the shop.... and he did that with the same kind of passion and work ethic that I witnessed against the derby at Carra Rudd those long months ago... Technically he''s our best player by a mile and the fact we''re resigned to losing him proves how admired he is from all quarters....Did Lee Croft really win POTS or is this some kind of weird dream? If its true, it says something about our fans, doesn''t it... as long as you can run around a bit, you''re a legend! Carney will be well in next season, then, even though he lacks any kind of ability of end product...........

Player of the season is just that EM.   Just like every player in the squad Sammy HAS ability.   He is just too inconsistent though - only caring or turning up too infrequently.

He started the season well but again went missing in too many games - something neither Corft or Doc were guilty of.   Since Fulham expressed an interest Sammys performances became worse and more inconsistent  - there were too many games like last nights.

Sammy HAS been our best midfielder this season;  no questions there.   But he was weak and ineffective,  lacking any quality.  And that sums up our midfield all season.

A very poor mans Gary Holt - without the graft or ability

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

CLingans ran around a lot - so did Hughes.   Clingan was out of his depth today and simply not good enouigh - he was bossed by reading and did not create anything for our strikers.   He was too slow to win the ball which the reading players easily moved around him leaving him chasing shadows all game.  He was weak and too easily chaken of the ball for lack of effort and ability.   He slowed the game down every time he received the ball by needing 2 /3 touches helping reading recover their shape. 

It was his inability to get the ball wide or too lee or Cody that mean we offered no threat at all. Exactly the same as rusty.

Clingan - and his midfield cohorts, for he does not take sole responsibility for this - was poor again and the only thing he cared about was seeing the size of his premiership contract shrinking if anyone would still want him after his performances this season.

POTS?  lol.

We are likely to be relegated due to poor right back and central midfield options

[/quote]

That''s incorrect. The reason we couldn''t get the ball wide, if you''d noticed, was because Reading sat so wide. They knew exactly the way we wanted to play and cut it out. Their winger was pushed right onto our full back, and their full back was sitting tight on our winger. The only way we were going to get through them last night was to stick three up front and punt it up to Lee....why it didn''t happen I don''t know. I could see from 20 that Reading knew exactly how to deal with the way we try to play.