Sign in to follow this  
Ali Dia

The worst decision this club has made in recent years DOOOOOOOH

Out of all of NCFC''s mis-management and bad decision making over recent years, one thing stands alone for me - and that is the decision to send one of our strikers to a fellow relegation rival on loan.

Cureton, who couldn''t hit a barn door now, nor for us back then, ironically scored two goals (against Preston, 1.1, and Burnley 2.1 win), which earned Barnsley four points.

Had that not happened, and of course it''s easy to look back, our fate would be in our own hands this Saturday.

We would probably still throw it away, however, this decision for me is above the sales of players, appointments of joker managers, ridiculous loans coming in, and our joke of a board.

You may weel be right, but as I''ve posted on another thread -equally if not more damaging than this was our previous managers insistance on playing Darel Russell up front from August to December - half a season!! - it was huge amounts of points lost in that period that has cost us now!

Bottom line is they allowed a manager to rip the team to pieces, and fill it with expensive loanees.  That was one hell of a poor decision.  Anyone who said the loans were a good idea must be feeling really dumb right now.[quote user="Ali Dia"]

Out of all of NCFC''s mis-management and bad decision making over recent years, one thing stands alone for me - and that is the decision to send one of our strikers to a fellow relegation rival on loan.

Cureton, who couldn''t hit a barn door now, nor for us back then, ironically scored two goals (against Preston, 1.1, and Burnley 2.1 win), which earned Barnsley four points.

Had that not happened, and of course it''s easy to look back, our fate would be in our own hands this Saturday.

We would probably still throw it away, however, this decision for me is above the sales of players, appointments of joker managers, ridiculous loans coming in, and our joke of a board.

[/quote]

[quote user="Ali Dia"]

[/quote]

I have said for a long time now, Curetons goals for Barnsley will come back and Haunt us, Hope Roeder is feeling well now as well Cureton,

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Ali Dia"]

[/quote]

I have said for a long time now, Curetons goals for Barnsley will come back and Haunt us, Hope Roeder is feeling well now as well Cureton,

[/quote]

FFS Pete, Curo''s a professional footballer, he didn''t score for Barnsley to spite City!.......Roeder loaned him out to a direct rival...........thats where the blame is.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Ali Dia"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

FFS Pete, Curo''s a professional footballer, he didn''t score for Barnsley to spite City!.......Roeder loaned him out to a direct rival...........thats where the blame is.

[/quote]And to be fair,  the Club/Gunn didn''t waste time getting him back.

I don''t blame cureton for this or lay the reason for our relegation down to this decision. Who''s to say if cureton hadn''t gone there that whoever would have played in his place wouldn''t have scored just as many if not more. Let''s be honest, 2 goals is hardly an amazing return.

I do however blame Roeder for our demise. As someone else put well, he ripped our team apart to replace it with passing loanees with now devotion or feeling for the club.

I hope he never works again.

Worst decision came on the day Roeder was appointed, just seeing him stood there smiling and grinning nearly gave me cause to put my foot through the telly. From that moment on the grim reality of where we were going became apparent- not to mention that it took the board 3 weeks to appoint him.

Dreadful