Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

so why no pitch invasion, protests or chanting?

i wasnt able to make the game last night due to work commitments, i watched it on tele in the centre of nottingham which was not pleasant at all. I was so angry and upset at the after the second goal i was rady to leave the pub but i decided to stay and watch in the hope of a pitch invasion or mass protest or at least some chanting for heads to roll - but there was nothing! and at the final whistle most were clapping!? are we just going to accept this then? i cant believe it i was ready to smash the centre of nottingham up i was so angry!

just out of interest how many stayed for the lap of "honour"? and what was the reaction? im guessing there was alot who stayed and clapped. really the ground should have been absolutely empty or full with a round of boos.

im so sick of supporting this pathetic club!

There was no lap of honour, the players were appluading the fans for their terrific support. Hard to say how many people stayed, I would say circa 6000. I would guess that the rows of empty seats told their own story. There were about 60 people "demonstrating" outside the ground.

I stayed behind as I wanted to break the news to Gunny personally, that I have signed a pre season contract with Peterborough United [:D]..........

There were a lot of empty seats. Most people left straight away and I don''t blame them tbh. Me and a friend stayed though, just to see the player''s reactions, but we didn''t clap them. Interestingly, only Gunn and Marshall looked upset from what I could see, both didn''t seem too far from tears.

And we were "demonstrating" after. Its not like any one will listen, most fans just walked on by, saying there was no point in joining us as the board wouldn''t listen or even care about what we say. If it hadn''t of been cold, raining, and late at night and with people having work in the morning, then more people would''ve stayed.

I stayed and I clapped despite my previous feelings on the subject.  I did this initially out of respect for Bryan Gunn.  He came out first and walked around alone. Whether this was to take the flak form the fans who were left and deflect it from the players I don''t know.  I just feel this was a brave action.  I also clapped the players because we are not down yet and I need to feel I did everything I could for the club.  The time for reflection will be at the final whistle Sunday.  We, the supporters, are the club so lets get behind it until then.  After that well ....